1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

My Vintage Italian Picklock Collection

magnum Oct 28, 2006

1. magnum

magnum Level: True Devil

I collect mostly Vintage switchblades mainly Vintage Italian Picklocks and wanted to share pictures of my collection with the members.The biggest attraction of these knives to me is the Beautiful Brazilian Cowhorn that was used for the scales especially if it has the Nice white and black streaks mixed together like some of the ones i have.I will post pictures of them in group shots so as to not take up alot of space and i will identify each knife by the tang stamp on them.These knives are anywhere from 45 to 50 years old some maybe a little older than 50 years.I will be showing my 6" to 9" picklocks right now and when i get pictures of my larger ones i will post them.Hope y'all like them.

magnum

6 1/4" and 7" Picklocks from top to bottom

1-6 1/4" Rosco
    2-6 1/4" Mauro Mario
    3-7" Susco
    4-7" Mauro Mario
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8" Picklocks from top to bottom

1-8" Mauro Mario
    2-8" Rosco
    3-8" B. Svobody
    4-8" Made Italy
    5-8" No Tang Stamp which means this knife was not made for export
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9" Picklocks from top to bottom

1-9" Rosco
    2-9" Mauro Mario
    3-9" Astor
    4-9" Fabico
    5-9" Made In Italy Swedge Blade
    6-9" Made In Italy Bayonet Blade
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

NICE!!!
    That's some collection ya got there Jesse!!! I don't think most of the guys here realize just how hard it is to find picklocks in that great of condition. I'm impressed!!!

You should post pic's of the backsides of the knives too. You and I both know that for some unknown reason the Italians always put the nicer scale on the back. (I'd like to see the back scale of that last Made in Italy bayo/blonde scales) I've seen some pretty amazing back scales in my time!

3. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

Great collection. :thumbsup:

All illegal here though. :(

4. leanne

leanne collects metal Lady Devil

:yeahthat:

nice!

5. BowtownBlade

BowtownBlade Brigade Member Brigade Member

Jesse has a way of finding the nice ones :yesman:

6. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

Nice Knives

Nice collection.

I have recently acquired some Italian switches, courtesy of our own SEMPER708. I will have to take pictures and post them too.

7. magnum

Thanks Komodo and i will get pictures of the backsides hopefully today and post them.

magnum

8. magnum

Pictures of the backsides are up!

magnum

9. magnum

Here are pictures of my 11" Vintage Picklocks.From top to bottom.Any questions just ask and i will do my best to answer them.

1-11" Rosco W/Kris Blade
    2-11" Made In Italy W/Swedge Blade
    3-11" No Tang Stamp
    4-11" BV&F
    5-11" CIZ
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Huge member

Now that is some sweet eye candy. Very nice collection. You have some great pieces there.

11. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

I love a good backside! :ropeman:

The backs of those 11's are somethingelse! Especially #2 &#3 :wes:

12. magnum

Thanks Gary and Komodo:chuck:

magnum

13. Missaman

Missaman In Da Hood

Sup Missa Mag.
    Nice knives as we both collect antique knives I understand how hard it is to find a nice one.. You Have done well. thanks for posting
    Missa

14. mkphc

mkphc Brigade Member Brigade Member

beautiful Magnum!

show me ALL of them, transitionals too!

15. GratefulGlenn

GratefulGlenn The Cosmic Conductor

As always it is a real treat to check out your collection Jesse....those are some beautiful vintage blades you have going on there bud....

Thx for the eye candy.....Glenn

16. Horizonod

Horizonod Bladezilla Knife Maker or Craftsman

Nice stash Jesse.

You don't leave those out on the deck, do ya???:bwah:

17. Honch0

Honch0 head honcho

I never got the Italian thing and I've been at this knife collecting business for over 35 years. I have had my share of Stilettos over the years, but they never took hold, if you know what I mean.

Now, all of a sudden in the last year or so, I am starting to appreciate them and wish I had some of the ones I let go.

So, all I can say is AWESOME.

18. Semper708

Semper708 I know more about nothing than you ever will My Ass is on Probation

:semper:Jesse, That's nice collection you have going on.....I collect my share of Stilettos also, Love the Blonde Horn, and Black Horn is a classic .:semper:

19. denofearth

denofearth Huge member

Jesse,
    I will never cease to be amazed by your collection. I'm going to have to get down there and see it firsthand someday. BTW, Thanks again for that spring for the 11" swing that I got from Has.
    Best Regards,
    Frank aka denofearth