1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

my Roommate Freddy back in hospital

begreen61 Jun 29, 2017

1. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Bless your heart.

None of us gets a free ride.

The love you give is what makes you rich.

crogers, begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

and a lot of patience keeps me sane , Karma and integrity to do the right thing is my motivation , Love is Life , and that the reward , just hope someones there for me when I can't function other than a paid person to watch me age and pass on , which I hope never happens .

3. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

IMHO, it's you who deserves the majority of the prayers. Freddy is showing he wants to live, so he deserves a lot. The nurses, of course, but they're paid. You, Sir, are the man.

4. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

You will be looked upon favorably when your time comes.

begreen61 likes this.
  5. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

How is Freddy?

6. begreen61

a lot of work , and stress ,for me, but his arthritis is killing him . I now have to put socks and shoes on/off .he's completely blind in the day {its like a white out he describes} . But I rigged the house with Red lights and he can see and get around pretty good,at night ,He's turned to a hypochondriac , after listening to all the DR.shows..,some time I just walk away . H's loosing more range of motion ,not good ,but all in all he's doing fine,and eating better,and now that I'm cooking for him ,I'm eating alittle better too. ,and for some one who will always feel Constance pain and only 53 ,mentally he's 14 he trys to make it the best he can each day

Rio, desmodus, crogers and 1 other person like this.
  7. Kelper

It's never going to be easy. Sounds like you are doing a great job. Glad your both eating better too.

begreen61 and crogers like this.
  8. begreen61

Were doing as best as we can ,one day at a time ,which does go pretty quick .

9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Hope Freddie gets better soon.

acute-hypochondria.jpg

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  10. begreen61

First of here's a picture of my room mate and friend DSCF2404.JPG

I put his socks on and off and notice he is retaining water at a very fast rate so I been measuring them daily and last night they gained a lot of water and grew an full inch to the point he can't put pressure on his feet . I took him in to albany med ,,it nevers ends ,,FYI he had to show of his knife and JD 10 year anny. hat he likes to where .

OH does any one know what causes water retention, Iknow all the soda and chips are on top of his problem

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    ded i, crogers, Clydetz and 1 other person like this.
  11. Kelper

Your definitely taking good care of Freddy. He will be able to get the extra fluid treatment needed.

They should send him home with diuretics. Is he taking salt on his food?. That wouldn't help with fluid retention. Hopefully you will get other advice too.

12. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Freddy's looking sharp! My doctor has had me on furosemide pills to keep me from retaining water that shows up in my ankles. Only problem is I wind up peein' like a racehorse several times a day! :shakie:

13. begreen61

Just got off the phone may be a long night,, his heart is dancing in the tune of A fib again,, Problem do to body stress plus thinking he's going to die doesn't help . The biggest problem I got is dealing with a 53 year old with the mind of a young teenager .I can't make him understand ,a lot of his issues and the cause and effect of what he's putting in his body .

Kelper and crogers like this.
  14. crogers

Hope he gets better soon!

Water retention can be caused by a lot of factors, I'm sure the hospital staff will figure it out.

You sure do take good care of him. If I get sick, I think I know who I'm gonna call. :madaddy:

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  15. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Freddy looks like a teenager - and you are a very good friend indeed. Hello to Freddy & tell him ded i sez to do everything the doctor tells him. :rules:

begreen61, Kelper and crogers like this.
  16. begreen61

up date no change still a fib , but did find gall stones I do believe ,,Remember i'm dealing with a child like thinker but I do now his heart is racing ,,He also think most the nurses want him ,,,no joke dead serious ,he is so funny maybe that why his hearts racing .LOL .OH and he wanted me to tell you all hi

17. crogers

Tell him to QUIT CHASING SKIRTS until he gets BETTER!! Plenty of time for that when he gets out.

Tell him "Hi" back!

Kelper likes this.
  18. Kelper

He must be feeling better if he is into the nurses. Tell him behave and hi back.

crogers likes this.
  19. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I just checked today... my favorite hat that I wear all the time is the black JD 10 year anniversary hat too. :shakie: All the best to Freddy!

20. begreen61

Freddy came home for 5 min. he's moving with his sister who kicked him out in the first place because she can't stand him and told me last night as soon as he's 55 she's putting him in a home . There is nothing i can do about it ,she filing the court for legal guardianship ,, I feel empty and alone and sad for freddy . I don't see this working she will not help him change his cloth cut his toe nails of fingers get up every 20 min. because he drop something and can't find it , Change all the lights in the house Red so he can see at night .He's Fucked ,and I'm sad

crogers and Kelper like this.