1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

My handmade balisong.

SpasmFingers Mar 19, 2016

1. SpasmFingers

SpasmFingers Average member

I actually bought a bunch of o1 that I'm using to make bm51 blades for practice, and I'm using different hardware on my next build. I know I have a long way to go and I need a lot of practice, and that's what I do now on my spare time, practice making knives.

MidnightAbyss and Band-aid like this.
  2. MidnightAbyss

MidnightAbyss JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Just brought it up because O1 can be kind of expensive to practice on. Granted I haven't bought any in a year or so though so I'm not up to date on prices. Keep up the good work!

3. Band-aid

Band-aid Stuck on 'em! JDBA Official Member

Nice job SpasmFingers, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

MidnightAbyss likes this.
  4. CrüeHeäd4Life

CrüeHeäd4Life Little member

Wow thats pretty impresive.

5. SpasmFingers

I've done more work.

I've made one more complete, and three alt blades for the bm51.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Kevin416

Kevin416 Little member

Wow! Great job for never doing that before you've got some talent!

7. Bali-Cal74

Bali-Cal74 Little member

Wow

Those are some damn sexy alt51 blades. When/if you start selling those I am gonna hop on that train for sure.

8. rackreal

rackreal Huge member

Nice kukri blade on bm51:madaddy:

9. SpasmFingers

My most recent edition.

I have made a huge number of improvements, I will go into greater detail and post more pictures soon, 4 more in the works, and yes, those are brown g10 inlays.

[​IMG]

10. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Hey I missed this, not bad man. Keep making, the more you do the better you'll get and its looking like your on the right track

11. D2AP

D2AP Better than gold or platinum

Looking way better. Keep at it.

:thumbsup:

12. Nirvana

Nirvana Formerly known as baliforge JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Talk about progress! Great stuff man. Keep it up, I dig it.

13. cardoso5fr

cardoso5fr knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Not bad. I should even say , very good. The last one is nice, The handle a bit thin but with a nice and different design that what man can see usualy. The blade completion is better and cleaner. Great work .

14. PolygonalGuy

PolygonalGuy Average member

You really seem to have natural talent. Keep moving forward and I think you will be amazing people very soon!! Take care :)

15. SpasmFingers

Thanks guys! Like I said I have more on the way, I made this as a set of five, each one is different be it in handle shape, blade shape, or color, I think this whole set is going to turn out nicely :helix:

16. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Looks good, I'll admit I was skeptical when I saw you pre drilling the whole shebang prior to cutting into individual slabs but it looks like it worked out pretty well for you. :thumbsup:

17. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thanks for posting this. Most talk about designing or making a balisong, but few actually follow through with a knife in hand to show. Congratulations on the project.

18. SpasmFingers

The funny thing is, I started making balis not to impress anyone, or to make money, it was out of desperation. I build a wooden one based on a paper one I had seen my friend fold when I was in junior high, I couldn't afford even a ccc and I just wanted to give flipping a try. After that I made a few more wooden ones, and a crappy aluminum one, by then though I had gotten a ccc so it was a while until I tried making any more. About 10 months ago I got some shitsteel and basic hardware from my local hardware store and made 3 balis, they flipped better than my others, but still were not great. That was around the time I got my bm51. It wasn't for a few months after that that I discovered the balisong community, and I started getting really into balis. I decided because I like making things, and I thought I could make a better flipper than the 51, to spend some money and make my own. After the first one, which is the first bali on this thread (gold sheepsfoot giant hardware) I started four others, and ruined them all. I took a short break after that and then made the second one you see here, (silver in color with strait handles and the same giant hardware) then I made some major changes and made the second gold sheepsfoot, from those I received feedback such as hardware changes, that I needed to thin the gap between the handles, and that I should make the handles longer. That's where this most recent edition comes in, overall I like the design of it a lot, but it has some issues I need to work out. Some day I want to get a cnc machine so I can make parts with more precision, as of right now I do all my work with a dremel, drill press, and 1" belt sander.

Sorry about giving you my life story there, but I guess my point is that I started making balis for a different reason than most people, so maybe that's why I actually did it.

apdallaround likes this.
  19. Jvamis

Jvamis International Devil Welcome Squad Leader JDBA Official Member

The reasons that led you to make a balisong are great, you are motivated, you listen to the advice, quality and designated improves has each piece and You are on JD:
    You are on the best way !!!
    :jdwink2:

20. SpasmFingers

Announcement

I made an announcement about where I want to go as far as making balis, with the goal being mid-tech production, with a step in the middle, that tread can be found here in the link below. Just letting you guys know because it was moved out of the balisong alliance for some reason, (the purpose was to start a conversation about balis but I'm just going to let the mods do their thing) Anyway, let me know what you guys think, this is kind of a big step.

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showthread.php/178339-Moving-forward-with-balisong-production