1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

My first CRK: large Sebenza Insingo with CF scale (lots of pics!)

LanEvo Nov 17, 2015

1. LanEvo

LanEvo Little member

After 20 years of collecting and carrying folding knives, I've finally gotten my hands on a Sebenza. Picked this up from a forum member through the classifieds here.

I've always loved the fit and finish of the few CRK knives I've handled over the years, but so far none of them has appealed to me enough to pull the trigger. There's something about the blade profile that just didn't do it for me.

The Insingo blade profile pushed all the right buttons for me. And the CF scale adds a touch of dressiness that really works for me. It's surprisingly light for it's size; I'm sure the CF scale contributes.

Anyway...time for pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, the binoculars in the background belonged to my great grandfather when he served in the Ottoman military about 100 years ago.

Getting back to the Insingo, I've already mentioned how light it is. It balances well in the hand and has a slightly blade-forward feel. The grip is very comfortable for my big mitts. Lock-up is tight without any stickiness on the release. The detent is super strong: it takes more effort than I would have expected to start the blade moving. But once it gets going, it opens very smoothly (I'm not a flicker...I prefer to ease the blade open).

Now for the bad. The blade is not sharp...at all. Forget about hair popping/shaving or catching your nail. It literally does not cut paper (no joke). The knife was built in Sept. 2015 and shows zero signs of use. It looks like it came from the factory like this, which is hugely disappointing.

I guess I'll contact CRK to see if they can do something about it. Anyway, I'm pleased with it overall. I know it's not the typical Sebenza, but it's the perfect "first CRK" for me.

2. LanEvo

LanEvo Little member

From what I've been reading, this issue with edge bluntness isn't unheard of for CRK lately. I'll be sending it back to them for sharpening. Kind of a bummer.

3. djdawg

djdawg Huge member

I,d send it in to them also ........ they could also tune it up for you.
    I had a few Sebs pass through my hands over the years and wish I still had a large and small SEB.
    I,ll get more someday.

4. redbike

redbike Huge member

Send it back, by all means, but don't hold your breath that it will be any sharper when they send it back to you. Dullest knives I've ever received from any manufacturer. I sent one back for this reason and it came back to me just as dull as it was the first time.

5. LanEvo

LanEvo Little member

That's what I'm afraid of. What's happened to CRK? Their edges were legendary once...