1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

My eyes watered up...

Clydetz Oct 12, 2011

1. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

...as I watched my neighbor's middle daughter Gigi run back home after delivering the latest 'Paperplate Special' to me. I can't tell you enough how good these people have been to me! :ssmile: At first I thought it was cool that they brought me over a dinner 2-3 times a week. Now it's like 5-6 times a week I get a 'Paperplate Special'! Brings tears to my eyes, I tell ya!

This was what was on the menu tonight...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm running out of space to post the menu's that have accompanied every 'Paperplate Special' to date...

[​IMG]

gza and GEEZER like this.
  2. the dude

the dude this aggression will not stand man

nice to know there are still good people out there

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
  3. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

No News Flash here. But those are good folks Gary.

Too many people are just "too busy" these days.

You just might be special yourself Sir... :ssmile:

4. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

That's awesome.......and it looks tasty too.

5. Clydetz

Her meals are unbelievable! He is Italian; she is Asian and the meals are the best combination of both! :ssmile: Quite frankly, with taking care of 3 young girls, I don't know where she finds the time to cook these fabulous meals! And yes, MO, that meal was very tasty and filling, too! :devil1:

6. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Touching. You are lucky to have such neighbors.
    It is nice to hear about simple acts of kindness that touch us everyday yet often go unnoticed.
    Count yourself as blessed!

7. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

Glad you have some good neighbors, Gary.

Looks like some good eating.

:thumbsup:

8. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

It takes being a good neighbor to earn good neighbors like that. You're doing something right!

That really looks good, do you think they ship? :bwah:

9. Uncle_Jarvis

Uncle_Jarvis Should be a custom title here

good people for sure ..mmmmmmm looks great !!! Its about lunch time here. .:ssmile:

10. Frstr8

Frstr8 First Rate JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

That is just awesome. It's a very rare thing to have people around like that.

Thanks for sharing.

11. KMNREMTP

KMNREMTP Devil's Playmate

that veg lo mein looks off da fuckin chain! bbq chicken looks good too... i aint no fan of any kinda greens though.

oh yeah, great to have wonderful people in the world as well..... PM me the recipe for the veg lo mein?

12. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

Sound like you're livin' right.........

13. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

Lucky S.O.B.!!!
    I would love that combo...YUM:ross:

14. marypalooza

marypalooza First *OFFICIAL* JD Mother Lady Devil

That is so great to see...glad that you have such wonderful neighbors taking care of you. If I lived closer, I would do the same thing! :heart:

15. Clydetz

Today at about 5:30pm I let Casper outside and noticed my neighbor in the back had a bunch of kids over playing in one of those large air filled bouncing thing-a-majigs. Right then & there I knew Mom & Dad were going to be busy with feeding all those kids and their parents so I left Casper outside and I prepared to see what leftovers I had in the refrigerator/freezer to whip up for dinner. I had Casper's bowl set out on the counter to get his dinner ready and he jumped up on the back door to be let in. Not 15 minutes later Casper starts making a fuss at the back door. It's my neighbor (the chef herself) holding a huge aluminum covered paperplate of food! I tell her I saw they were busy over in the backyard with all the kids and was not expecting her to grace me with any of her delectable meals tonight. She just smiled, handed me the plate and said... "I'll send over one of our daughters with some steak later on." "What?"... was all I could say! :ssmile: Then I said... "Hold on" and handed her a bag with a large roll of aluminum foil and 2 packages of paper plates. Tomorrow it's off to the corner liquor store to get a bottle of white & a bottle of red wines and a nice bottle of champagne.

Here's what the 'paperplate special' included...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chicken leg, rice, lasagne, mussels, shrimp, scallop wrapped in a slice of bacon, a beef filled dumpling and even a small piece of Italian bread! And sure enough... about 45 minutes later the older daughter delivered a 'paperplate special' of steak! :ssmile:

16. KMNREMTP

if u ever sell your house, please let me know! WoW That looks like an AWESOME plate of food, almost worth having ticker surgery?

17. Clydetz

I can't believe it! I opened the "paperplate special" of steak today and saw this! :ssmile: Lunch will never be the same!

[​IMG]

18. KMNREMTP

If Mike Stewart can get your neighbors to cook at the next Grind In...... I'll be there.

19. Clydetz

I don't know if that can be arranged... he's a cop and might be working that weekend; she'd have her hands full with 3 daughters + one small pooch! :ssmile:

Just thought I'd show you what I 'pieced' together for lunch today from a few of the 'paperplate specials'. A real fine mixture of smells, tastes and textures! :devil1: Alaskan King Crab leg, peas, mashed sweet potato. Slice of cheddar cheese, chicken gumbo soup, and apple cider...(my contributions). Afterwards Casper & I took a walk around the block to work off some calories! :bwah:

[​IMG]

20. VampyreWolf

VampyreWolf Prime minister of coffee Brigade Member

Almost makes me want to move to jerzee and move in there. :bwah: