1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

~my boy made the news.. kinda...

beergoddess Nov 6, 2007

1. beergoddess

beergoddess shorter than endowed Lady Devil

some of you may know that my boy, mikey is on the autism spectrum. he attends an elementary school disabled preschool program. the head of the child study team is a man named dr. cliff barneman. mikey entered the program at 2 yrs old and instantly connected with "dr. b", as he calls him. between the am and pm session, he has lunch with dr. b in the office. dr. b just ran the nyc marathon, citing mikey as his inspiration. here is an article. i am so proud of how far mikey has come in the program, and honored that dr. b has such a bond with him.

http://www.ocobserver.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071031/SPORTS03/710310361/1012

a sidenote.... today i got a call from the school nurse that mikey had a seizure at school. he has a history of febrile seizures... about 6-7 total so far. its the scariest thing to witness, yet completly benign. so i get to the school and it just so happens that there was a substitute teacher today. a young woman that was so upset and scared out of her wits. talk about jumping in w/ 2 feet! mikey was sitting in circle time when the fit began. he stopped breathing and the teacher got the other lil kids out of the class. they were all crying and worried about him. they all came back in to see he was ok and say goodbye. it was so cute. so i brought him to the pedi and she said if i was comfortable taking him home, i could. i just had to get bloodwork done at a local lab. so i was driving to the lab, and the poor guy had another one. pulled over, called 911, started cpr. standing in the rain... leaning over him in my car. the medics and police were there in less than 3 minutes. (kudos to toms river, nj!!) so... off to the er we go. turns out lil guy has a blood infection and was given an iv of antibiotics. scary stuff. 2 MRSA cases were reported in our district... so i was freakin...
    he is back to normal now, thank god! here is an er pic.... couldn't ya just die from that sweet, sad face??!!

[​IMG]

2. Iceman

Iceman GI-NORMOUS member

That's awesome. Handsome boy Jo. He is quite the inspiration.

3. Joe Whalen

Joe Whalen knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Sweet sad face is right, he's a handsome little guy. I'm glad they caught the infection and I'll be praying for him tonight.

4. Rozz

Rozz piss and vinegar Lady Devil

I thought I had problems.

God Bless.

5. G3

G3 Brigade Member Brigade Member

Glad to hear he will be ok. Good doctors are not easy to find. Ones that care that is.

6. MJ

MJ a most pure angel Lady Devil

You must very proud of him. This made me tear up a bit when I read it, very touching:heart: Good boy ya got there BG!

I'm glad he's doing better.

7. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I bet Mikey had all the cute nurses checking in on him, too! Best wishes to you bg and big ol' hug for Mikey! :thumbsup:

8. Judy Schmitt

Judy Schmitt Too many handles too little time Lady Devil

BG,
    I hope you and Mikey are doing better. He is lucky to have you for a Mom. Keep us posted.

9. rudechuck

rudechuck Worst Blood Brigade Member

You are a SUPERMOM and I admire you tremendously. Your boy's in good hands.

10. langston302

langston302 There's a new sheriff in town

yeah....you are a true supermom....i mean you epitomize the idea of the mother who would do what she had to to protect her children.....i think most mother would but you do....and that is to great for words....

i kneel to you..

11. Donna2

Donna2 Yooper Lady Devil

Life is Prescious

High five for keeping your cool mom! I know the feeling when the doctors tell you your child has a condition that you can't do anything about. Love 'em all unconditionally!

Your family is in our prayers for a speedy recovery, and many happy days ahead.

Sincerely, BRKT, Donna

12. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Whew ...

BG, that's just too much excitement for one day. You get a Superior Mom award . :yesman:

Tell Mikey he's got a fan club here. :ross:

13. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

Yikes! That's scary stuff. Cudos to you for keeping your wits under extreme pressure. He is blessed with having you for a Mom, and you're lucky to have found such a great Doc for him. You aren't just a SuperMom, you are a SuperCoolMom! Glad to hear he's doing better.

14. dfarmerknives

dfarmerknives Tattoo Man says Knife Maker or Craftsman

Supermom is right. you are an inspiration. Smoke and Prayers to your son for a speedy recovery.

15. MarieLaveau

MarieLaveau Pistol Packin' Mama Lady Devil

Aw, I wanna kiss those chubby cheeks! What a little sweetie!

And a brave boy, too. Bless him...and bless Mama too. :heart:

16. Peter Lezard

Peter Lezard Hobbit of Fortune

Wow. Your the best. I wish all moms could be like you. Hope Mikey is back on his feet very soon. :ssmile:

17. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

Awwww! Poor little fella. I know we ALL send our very best wishes.

18. Sinfully~Sweet

Sinfully~Sweet L33731's Better Half Lady Devil

You do get the Best Mom Award I don't know how you kept your composure through all of that, but you will do anything you can. He is a brave little man. He is on my bedside list tonight.:kat:

19. bhamster06

bhamster06 1,000th member

Very handsome little guy. All the best to both of you. Your Doc is a fine man.

20. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

Straight up, BG!

Smoke & Best Wishes on their way for you & Mike, from me & mine!
    :mack: