1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Mutant faq

Looseyfur Nov 25, 2013

1. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

hey all-
    I get a lot of questions about mutants, and how to get one and how we catalog them.

First I have to address this :
    Official Mutants are made by makers working with us and are part of our quality control process and fall under our full warranty suite.

if you choose to have someone " modify " your AB and they in turn jack it up please, go to the maker you worked with and ask them to fix the 369.00 + paperweight they just gave you.

again, we understand people will seek makers to mod their product, but its not an official mutant unless we facilitate it, and if another maker wrecks your knife, I dont think its unreasonable for you to contact them to hold them accountable for their work.

we do have a very gracious warranty dynamic, to keep it that way we cant absorb other makers/modders work.

Please dont let this scare you off modding, just make sure you are working with competent people who understand the product, and please understand that they may put you in a position that we would be unable to fix under a warranty concern.

We dont do a ton of fee for service stuff, but if someone ruins your product and it needs to be restored to factory, you may incur cost. No hard feelings.

As far as how to get them, you know we do what we can to be fair and we also looking to have them available through some retailers when we have availability. Recently we moved the "4-horsemen" mutants generated by TuffThumbz to BHQ for resale. I would think they should list there in the next week or so. As of now we dont offer a service to make your knife into a mutant, nor do we have any list you can get on for one. We generate them with overflow product and parts not reserved to cover warranty. We send them to makers we have relationships with and we give them carte blanche on the project, think of it like just just supplying the canvas to an artist. If for any reason the product does not meet our qualifications, we do not release it.

We are working on a new page on our URL that will show all the Official Mutants we have generated, for verification that one you have purchased in the open market is official, and as a bit of eye candy on the webpage ;)

soon the shop we work with will have a laser engraver and you'll see them marked as "mutants".

I hope this information clears up questions about Mutants :)

all the best and keep em flippin!

Loosey

Silent Jay likes this.
  2. 321sold.biz

321sold.biz Better than gold or platinum

quick question

So If somebody anodizes their own PAB, will it void their warranty?
    Thanks.

3. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Keep doing what you're doing BRS, great knives and great customer service. Congrats.:thumbsup:

4. Looseyfur

I would have to appraise something like that to see if it is a warrantable concern?

Im not so sure in what instance anodizing would ruin your product or make it so it didnt function, if youve done it correctly all you should have changed is the color, which shouldnt effect performance.

in the converse if in your quest to anodize you destroy the product, then you may incur costs to rectify it.

321sold.biz likes this.
  5. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

So is this where you get on the mutant list?:ropeman:

EOD13 likes this.
  6. Sven Richter

Sven Richter Huge member

na I think he said something about that, in the first post. That and that the -=BRS=- Customshop opens this weekend :ross:

7. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I don't see a reason to mod a AB or any of the mutants these knives are insane in my eyes and in no way needing to be moded especially by someone else other than who made it. I'm just saying they are perfect the way they are. Great post by the way

8. ufokillerz

ufokillerz JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

damn this faq! i was about to have knifezoid hold my modded ab, snap a quick photo, and put in a few words of knifezoid showing off the newest mutant!

9. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

BRS has gone far beyond their call with customer service in the past. I don't think that they'd stop just because of some anno work. If you need taking care of, just ask and see what happens :thumbsup:

10. Sven Richter

Sven Richter Huge member

So, the way I read it:

a) You fuck up your knife WHILE modding... your own fault BUT they will fix it. You just have to pay for it. Which is totally fair and already more than many many manufacturers offer.

b) You paid someone to mod it and he fucked up... You better make him pay for it. Otherwise: See a)

c) You modded your AB, didn't fuck it up, but for some reason its not working anymore... They reserve the right to say you have to pay, but if its not connected to your modding efforts, they'll fix it. Again many many manufacturers *cough, cough*, choose the easy way out here.

:thumbsup:

11. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

AGreed

12. goatlord666

goatlord666 Huge member

sounds right!

13. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Great work!

There is only one GREEN BITCH.

14. SpydercoLover

SpydercoLover Level: True Devil

Not for long ;)

15. Pinoy Knife

Pinoy Knife JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Wrong
    there will only be 1 Green bitch that was made by me .
    any other's are just copies . since i built the first and only i have had many requests to do another all have been told no way! other colors are fine but there is only 1 Green Bitch. i helped start the "Mutant" thing and have only made a couple of them .
    only those authorized to build "Mutants" for BRS have done any more.
    Chuck built 5 ,Thumbz did a few ,Palethius did one .none have been Green.
    i guess you got to ask yourself do you want to be the guy that tries to Copy such a knife?

CDR_Glock likes this.
  16. SpydercoLover

SpydercoLover Level: True Devil

Ohhhhh I'm sorry, I thought it was just something be named his knife. Didn't know it was actually a mutant. My bad.

17. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Trying to make a Robotech joke but I think those people had purple blood...

18. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Uh...yeah wouldn't bother me...the Green Bitch has always been my fav..if I had he opportunity I'd copy the shit out of it..of course it wouldn't be a mutant..but it would be mine, and mine alone..anyways it's the biggest form of flattery!

19. Sven Richter

Sven Richter Huge member

I dont know whats wrong with copying blades, that are not available for private use, aswell. Its like downloading music, that is no longer being pressed.:ross:

20. Looseyfur

what matt is saying is that HE will not produce another mutant/proto with his killer toxic green on it because he reserves the right to have only done that for Dr. Rick.