1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

"Mule-skinner" period RR spike knife

J. Neilson Apr 26, 2010

1. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hello all,
    Here is another in a series of knife/sheath combinations done with period sheath-maker John Cohea. A railroad spike knife but, with a bit of a twist to the idea. I hope you like it.
    Thanks again,
    J.

~~~ also, I have John's "Basic Rawhide Sheath Construction" DVD available as well. Check the "knives" page on my site,
    on the bottom of the page you'll see the link in my "For Your Shop" section.~~~
    http://www.mountainhollownet/knives.htm

[​IMG]

This sweeping skinner is forged from a high carbon steel Railroad Spike. The handle is twisted and acid soaked, leaving a nice forge finish to contrast the highly polished rises and spike head. The blade itself has a satin finish. The knife is 8 1/4" overall length with a 4 1/4" cutting edge. The knife comes with a Rawhide-period sheath by John Cohea with fringe, beads & cones, copper spots and a belt loop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rio likes this.
  2. Dillon Brock

Dillon Brock strawboss

That is damn nice MR.Neilson!:thumbsup:

3. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

I like it! Kind of the Nessmuk, Ulu, Union Pacific look! Seriously, a beauty.