1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Motorcycle class

Poolshark Jun 19, 2010

1. Poolshark

Poolshark Captain America Brigade Member

Is a lot easier in the classroom than out on the bike. Five hours of practice today and I am sore and tired. I was not the star student. Back at it tomorrow. I have no experience riding bikes. Just seems like something I should learn before I am too old. Don't want to be hitting those "bucket list" things when I am to old to enjoy it. This probably would have been easier a decade ago. I wish I didnt have a poker party tonight. I could use the sleep. But I think I will ease up on the Scotch this time or tomorrow could be unpleasant.

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE likes this.
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

The more you worry,giving yourself more undue stress relax you can do it make it secord nature,its just a bikecycle with a motor FACT,Do it relax

3. Str8ShooterEsq

Str8ShooterEsq Wartime Consigliere Brigade Member

Are you taking the Rider's Edge course? I took the course a few weeks ago. It was great. I was surprised, though, how sore and tired I was after being on the range for so long.

4. paradigmx999

paradigmx999 Average member

Poolshark:

Don't despair! Taking a motorcycle riding class is the best thing you can do to save your ass when it really counts on the street! Don't worry about how you did or didn't dothis weekend- think about what you are learning and what you will take away from the class. I took several classes and they are by far the best money I have ever spent on anything-period. Good luck!

5. Clint

Clint Advocatus Diaboli

Good for you! The more you learn the more you'll enjoy yourself!

I'm off for a week of riding, exploring and fly fishing.:madaddy:

6. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

FUCKIN WHEELIE , DUDE !!!!!:bwah:
    Good for you , Dan.
    Motorcycling is the most stress relieving pursuit currently in my repertoire.
    Until today.:pissedevil:
    Wheeled it out of the garage for a 40 mile trek to a Nephew's graduation party.
    Hit the button and it spun about 1/2 a revolution and went dead.
    No headlight , no nothing.
    Voltmeter says 2 1/2 volts at the terminals.
    Check them all for tightness , then double check voltage.
    Now 5.4 and the fucking battery is very hot to the touch.
    Dead short in the battery.
    Remove battery , swear a few times and call my buddy who is headed to the party too.
    Ride up in his 1965 Corvette Coupe...........a 327 / 350 h.p. with a four speed and factory side pipes.
    Swear a few more times.
    I love his car , but I would have much rather been on my bike.:madaddy:
    How long before you tackle 101 north of Frisco on a nice Sunday morning ?
    It has been a few years since I witnessed it , but it was legendary back then.
    You'll dig it the most.:bwah:

7. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

Taking a bike daftey course is probably a smart move, never took one myself, but hell they'll teach you some good stuff.
    And of course, John is as always right, taking your bike for a ride is one of the most stress relieving things you can do and it's amazing hitting the highway at high speeds.

But like before, saftey first and always look out for other drivers. Why jus today I barely avoided an accident with someone who decided they would park out of the blue and turned right... wound up on the side walk I did, but with no time to brake it was the best choice(no pedestrians around of course)

8. Poolshark

Tomorrow is Father's day and everything is covered childcare-wise. It will be a good way to spend a big chunk of the day. Poker ended on the early side so I will be well-rested for the afternoon class. (two hyphens in one post which is pretty good punctuation-wise)

9. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Oh, you Mid-Westerners! Take U.S. 1 north, or south, if you want a real ride!!! Good for you, Poolshark! Have fun with it! What bike are you riding?

10. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

Tubtar- Kick start the fuckin thing! :bwah:

11. Rat Finkenstein

Are you riding a big heavy turd or something light and maneuverable? be better off with a moped than a hardley

12. englishmark

englishmark Wicked Gardener

I've been feeling the same way, I have never ridden a motorcycle and at 43 I feel like I've missed out. So some time soon, finances permitting , me and my Mrs are thinking of getting a couple of 125's to get the ball rolling.

13. Clint

Clint Advocatus Diaboli

And you're better off driving a ford fiesta hybrid then a '57 Chevy, if that's you're style!:bwah:

No accounting for taste.............:madaddy:

Ride what you like, as long as you're in the wind you'll be enjoying yourself!

14. Poolshark

43 myself. 43 is my "lucky" number and the one I usually pick in raffles when given a chance. So I am determined that when I look back on my 43rd year it will be one where I have done done something to make it worthwhile and not let it just slip by me. It seems like a lot of years between 30 and 40 just got lost. (and not in the good "stuck in an iceberg" way either)

15. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I must have fucked up somewhere.......it is the years between 13 and 28 that I can't seem to find.:bwah::bwah::bwah:

16. Rat Finkenstein

Better off in the driver's test, yes.

The moped was an exaggeration.

17. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

IMG_1188.JPG

Jeez.... try it at 53.

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE and Douche like this.
  18. adnj

adnj Huge member

I'm liking your style!

El Gringo likes this.
  19. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Just got licensed 4 hours ago!!
    Having beers

20. GODDESS OF VENGEANCE

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Crazy Bitch Lady Devil Super Moderator

:woot: CONGRATS! It's not what you ride, but that you ride. Welcome to the best damn wind therapy ever! :GOV: