1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Most overrated knife?

wes May 27, 2005

1. Pfeifle1

Pfeifle1 Little member

most overrated knife

Airkat tripwire, I loved how nasty it looked but upon purchasing for $700.00 found out it was completely impractical. The blade scratched easily and it was a beast to carry. Great for a collector just not for edc.

2. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

I'll say it again......

:bwah:

3. Edgar Frog

Edgar Frog Little member

Saw a Blount today for sale, over 3k. Just plain stonewashed ti and D2.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2016
  4. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

His knives and the makers he rollls with...all their knives are hot on the second market today!

not saying i like or dislike:jdwink2:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2016
    Ronlad likes this.
  5. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Any flippie "cool" knife is over price this days, the insinity of it all stop making sense a long time ago.

6. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

bump

7. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Most overrated knife???
    The one you paid too much $ for and now don't like:madaddy::devilwag:

8. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

Rad field cleaver.

9. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

Inb4 fanboys from other forums come over to bring up the mandatory "break-in" period.

But yeah, my Emersons just have the worst actions out of all the folders I've owned.

10. HankHill

HankHill Little member

Becker. IMO they are just cheaply produced 1095 knives. They skip the finishing process by coating them with bed liner. Clamp plastic handles on with Allen bolts and stuff them in a crappy cloth sheath.

11. mitchellarm

mitchellarm Little member JDBA Official Member

Gotta be Emerson

I have an Emerson, recurve blade, I got as a gift and I'm not impressed.

12. OnceBitten

Hinderers!

13. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

Trouble maker.......

14. OilMan

OilMan Jaded Brigade Member

Medfords. IMHO all but the Praetorian G are ugly as shit and when you have to cycle a knife open and closed thousands of times to get it smooth then it should have been done at the factory or considered a flaw. And all the super sharp corners on where you're supposed to put your thumb is asinine also. The Gs look cool though..

15. OnceBitten

LOL @ Medford

Fanbois gonna cri

16. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I may get some guff on this one, but I haven't carried a single spyderco that I especially loved but then again I only really tried maybe 3 of them.

17. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

:flameatard:

18. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

LOL sorry rage

19. tnhawk

tnhawk Little member

I don't expect much from the cheap quality of knives from china. You get what you pay for. However I was disappointed with my Microtech OTF knife and will never own another.

20. WGoodman CPA

WGoodman CPA Little member

Chris Reeve Sebenza

I agree that the Chris Reeve Sebenza knives are over rated and over priced. They have beautiful, functional blades. The workmanship is perfect. The titanium handles are ugly. The pocket clips are too small and tight for wearing with thick pockets such as in jeans. I wish the blades had spring assisted opening or lever action. I own both the large and small versions, but rarely carry them.