1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Most devastating knife loss

Mr.LaBella Oct 27, 2009

1. Chris Daigle

Chris Daigle Half fast

And don't carry a Roton balisong to a stripper club. :ropeman:

2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I probably should not have gotten on the pole :ropeman:

3. sgt Merrey

sgt Merrey Little member

About 11yrs ago came home from work back door busted open,10 of my knives stolen and a 22cal rifle Id had since I was a young man. Cops were of no help ,my German shepard in pen in back yard knew who did it but he wouldn't speak......

4. edamhcneb

edamhcneb Huge member

I was working in a foundry, on a ladder, above an electric arc furnace. Large lefty Sebenza 21 clipped in my pocket.

Without going into too much detail, we will just say that the clip got caught on my tool bag and was dropped into the hellfire pit of molten metal. :-(

5. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

HOLY MOTHER OF..... /hand covers mouth!!!!

:cry:

6. rs-Travis

rs-Travis Little member

*sigh* :(

Ok couple of years ago I bought a knife that would soon be my absolute pride and joy. A Paramilitary 2 M390 (blue)

I used it for everything, even learned hot to regrind knives on it, lock was 100% and had play, i beat it through all sorts of shit. I had recently reground it to 0.007" behind the edge and was testing out this grind for only a week, when it got stolen. I went to the beach and left it on the large window cell on the front of our family beach house , the family was in the big front room so I didn't think much of it... Me and my cousin went down to the beach and I saw them arrive minutes later, I thought "shit" and rushed back- It was gone, somebody walked up to our big open front window and took it. There was only 1 person attending the house and they were out back getting a big bbq dinner ready. I really miss that one.

This year, USPS lost my ZT0777SW.... I still lust for that knife.

7. PassinBy

PassinBy Huge member

a batch with some ti and premium cutlery steel mixed in it:unintroduced:

8. Tecuani

Tecuani Little member

Lost my spartan enyo a dew months ago to the vast deserts of white sands. Sad shit my homies, sad shit...

9. Blastermaster

Blastermaster Huge member

The most devastating knife loss for me is a crappy buck 382 trapper I lost in a card game (sort of). I fancy myself a pretty good cardslinger, blackjack particularly...evidently my science class is not the place to play blackjack. To cut a long story short, I just so happened to have this cutlery on the table on top of a pack of gum and a fiver as my bet and my science teacher walks in. His classroom game rule was "you can play a friendly game of cards, but nothing, NOTHING, should ever be gambled" My science teacher walked me and my other hooligans into his chemistry side room, where we learned the "Implications of gambling" Our gambling paraphernalia was taken and we all got detentions. To this day in a drawer in the chemistry room lies a few packs of cards, $10.38 in loose bills and change, a pack of gum, and a buck 382 trapper.

10. Tyman

Tyman Average member

I lost a large BM Grip in a very tight crawl space. That knife was so well worn. I did go back in and search around but all I got was cob webs in my hair.

11. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

All day I've been asking myself where the hell my ProTech work knife went. Just hit me, pretty sure it's sitting (or was) on the counter of the post office where I had to repackage a small car part this morning. I'll stop by there tomorrow. Hopefully the clerk grabbed it rather than some random person. Damn it.

snache likes this.
  12. Samb

Samb Should be a custom title here

That would really suck.

snache likes this.
  13. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

Fingers crossed! 2015, nice necro too! I was at the security check at the airport forgot to leave my Emerson Commander home. No choice to make the plane, has to go in the trash. As I was contemplating it a guy came up to throw away his trash, so I asked him if he wanted it. I think he thought it was some kind of scam until I explained it, he said no but he would mail it back home for me, there are some people with integrity out there. I am so bad I probably would have just taken it, maybe not......

seandavid55 and Samb like this.
  14. Joe patterson

Joe patterson Little Member

My Loss was lost then found then lost again. It was a Crawford push pick, the first time it was lost it fell out of my pocket while driving my mower less John Deere, it sat in the stone driveway for about 2 years getting driven over by cars, trucks, ups you name it. Then one day I found it on the drive way scuffed up and bruised but the pick unscrewed from the base and screwed back in to its other positions, so still fully functional. Then I lost it about 4 years ago in the ether of an old house… haven’t seen it since.

seandavid55 and snache like this.
  15. Samb

Don't recall ever losing a knife but I'm forgetful.

snache likes this.
  16. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

What! How about "misplaced"?

17. Samb

Never misplaced a knife that I didn't find. Guess the day ain't over yet though.

snache and seandavid55 like this.
  18. Raevynheart

Raevynheart Little Member

This one still hurts a little when I reminisce about it. I lost the first knife I bought for myself and the one that got me forever hooked on all things blade-related — a blue PE Spyderco Dodo — fifteen years later, returning home from work late one night by commuter rail.

I was so tired that I barely registered a soft thunk on the train floor beneath my feet while I slumped back in my seat mindlessly staring at my phone as I waited for my stop.

It was only after I had disembarked that my left hand went instinctively to my back pocket to feel for my age-old companion only to realize that it must have wriggled free on the train in my exhaustion.

I gave the lost and found a call a few days later hoping it had been turned in, but it wasn’t meant to come back to me. If someone did end up finding it, I hope that Dodo serves them just as well as it served me. It’s not the knife for everyone, but it’s the best EDC I’ll ever own.

On the bright side, contrary to popular belief, Dodos are exceptionally hardy creatures. Every time you think they’ve gone extinct, a new exotic breed pops up. While nothing will ever fully replace my first Dodo, I thank the heavens that I at least have spares…

426111CD-0526-4FB1-9D02-BCCD1B67FE4A.jpeg

snache likes this.
  19. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

Just outside of Needles (with the wife and step kids)doing 90ish when the less than six month old Gates upper hose went. It was late morning and triple digit already, luckily I replace hoses with new and save the old ones in the trunk. When it blew I had to cut away some of it to get it off. I used my Buck Knife, big sucker brass/walnut, set it down on fender liner. Back on the road a short time later I heard a thunk and saw a flash in the rear view mirror. I have done it before with screwdrivers, wrenches etc., first and last knife though.

Raevynheart and seandavid55 like this.