1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Mortal Kombat X

Silent Jay Jun 2, 2014

1. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Pretty excited about X myself, I love playing 9 so if it's better than that I'll be stoked.

"Ermac wins...":thumbsup:

2. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

My words exactly

3. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

Legacy is pretty damn entertaining. I like it a lot.

4. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Forgot to update with this:

[video=youtube;2OCvziZ6IBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OCvziZ6IBU[/video]

nocheese4u likes this.
  5. Silent Jay

Just a quick update.

Relase date konfimred 4/14/15

Goro will be a playable character as a pre-order bonus

6. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Now that's what I've been waiting to hear. Goro was (and is) the true mini-boss.

***I was going to pre-order before this news...but now I'm gonna pre-order the hell out of it

7. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

fuckin preorder bonuses and DLCs piss me the fuck off.
    Nowadays it's a miracle if the game works out of the box

/rant over.

8. AnthonyTheAbyss

I agree with the DLC part of it. That's basically trying to steal money from gamers.

The pre-orders stunts I can live with. They need to get an estimate of how much they expect to sell and where to allocate the product. That actually benefits the customer because of less out-of-stock issues.

***Don't even get me started with the in game monetary exchange crap

9. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

oh my god microtransactions nooooooooooooo

10. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

Battlefield 4. Never forget.

11. Silent Jay

For fighting games, DLC characters are actually very beneficial. It keeps the game fresh for a longer period of time, which help expands the life of a game and keeps it more interesting.

Match-ups are real dawg.

12. LX_Emergency

LX_Emergency Huge member

FUCK pre order bonuses. FUCK 1 day DLC.

And unless a game is free to play...

FUCK microtransations.

13. Artemis Snow

Artemis Snow Little member

Wouldn't have a problem with xpacs and DLC for fighting games if it didn't mean it basically forces you to buy the most current version to be even able to play it online (since who does local anymore amiright?). If .. well mostly capcom would release the balance changes without me having to pay, and let me pick and choose what characters I want then it would be fine and I wouldn't care, but as it stands they hold much needed balance at ransom for 30-40 dollars every time an EVO or 2 passes by.

I don't think Goro will stay a pre order character.. most people who buy games don't pre order anymore.. they wait for reviews and then buy based on what their most trusted review source has to say. Anyone that thinks he will stay this way is a little naive, and clearly doesn't follow the games industry very closely. Also because this is a fighting game and not a single player RPG or some other single player thing he will have to be balanced around. Sooner or later a character gets seen in the competitive scene, and everyone has to be able to have access to it; otherwise it's considered an unfair experience (as it well is).

14. Silent Jay

People still play online for MK9, and that's not even just NRS' last game. In fact, they updated the servers once GameSpy went out of business just to maintain online support.

And I play offline all the time. In fact, I really feel it's the only enjoyable way to play a fighting game.

Now while I hate that Capcom will charge you for a new game with what is essentially a balance patch and some DLC characters. Fighting games NEED updates to stay competitive or evolve. Eventually all the tech and match-ups are found. You do some re-balancing for the broken things, throw some new characters into the mix and figure it all out again. That's part of the fun.

And a pre-order bonus for a fighting game is pretty much always just DLC they're gonna release later anyway, except free. Now for Goro, I'm sure he'll be unbalanced at first, but once he's released as standard DLC, I'm sure there will be a balance patch with it and it'll fix issues they have (as DLC characters are usually characters that were unfinished before they had to ship out the game it's self). In the case of a fighting game, I actually am fine with this as it does keep the game fresh. Injustice: Gods Among Us had a total of 7 DLC characters, and with each one (for the most part) it caused the meta of the competitive scene to change. And with the next one, they would also release a balance patch or one to ix bugs, ect.

THis is shit that on any sort of time-frame developers are out under, they CAN'T find everything, so it takes people trying to find it and expose things like this for anyone to find out.

And then sometimes XBL blows it's load early and forces the release of an unfinished character....

15. Artemis Snow

Artemis Snow Little member

I agree with you.. but when I think xpac I think drastic changes to the overall gameplay... SF4 is prime example of that.. it wasn't until ultra that they added something new that drastically changed the gameplay in the form of red focus. Not my favorite thing as I'm a 3rd strike elitist and would rather have the parry system back or alpha counters, but maybe in street fighter 5.

Also I envy you for having people to play offline with.. I cant combo in any fighting game worth dick online.. I don't trust my connection to even sustain a block stream let alone a combo more advanced than light, light, light, special move. Only fighter anyone I know who plays locally is smash bros and I haven't played that in years. I'll be getting my lumps and then some once the new one comes out.

Also I'm not saying a dev should ball bust to balance everything at first, but take MVC3 for example.. spectator mode and the balance changes were supposed to be free and they said " nah better to bundle that with phoenix wright and charge 40 dollars"(the others were good too, but most people didn't know who they were so xD).. I think we all remember the days of wolverine going ape shit in vanilla MVC3. and as for DLC characters I have no issue with that, I just want the option to choose which ones I want (again I'm mostly yelling at capcom for this) and still be able to play against the others that I didn't buy so I dont fall behind if I ever so chose to be more competitive about it.

I should've played more MK9; it deserved my continued support.. instead I ended up an abused wife of capcom because I love street fighter so much as a kid xD. I guess I should've never left my first fighter though :bwah:.

16. Silent Jay

Hey, Third Strike is by far my favorite SF game still.

But with UMvC3, Capcom was actually pressured to put out the update as a new game early by marvel, because Marvel wanted some of the characters in before they dropped The Avengers (Because Hawkeye, Thor, ect.). So that wasn;t toally their fault on that. but their unwillingness to support it with a free balance patch passed the first one to nerf the lawyer laft us with the cancer that is still killing UMvC3. VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

I have a very limited interest in USF4, but because I live in NJ, 8 On The Break (an arcade in Dunellen) runs tournaments every Tuesday night and has USF4 now that it's out. I think Injustice didn;t get enough people this week though. And they have Smash Tournaments every other Friday. if you looka round I'm sure you can find a somewhat local scene.

But MK has been a passion of mine since I was a little kid playing MK Trilogy on the PS1. MK9 was the one I spent hours and hours with friends playing FT50s afterschool pretty much every day.... Then UMvC3 killed my local MK9 scene, but it is what brought me to the competitive scene as a whole. Got to actually enter and MK9 tournament once, which was so fun.

But yeah, NRS is doing better and better with each game, and I think they handled DLC well with MK9 and INJ (despite XBL fucking up things with Batgirl and Scorpion forcing them to release glitchy, broken, and just unfinished characters early). But MKX has me so hype because they have shown improvement over the balance issues of MK9, and are using the good form both MK and INJ to make MKX, and this leaves me more than hype for the game that has been in my life since childhood.

17. AnthonyTheAbyss

I agree. All characters will sooner or later be available to everyone for some $$$. But for the first month I'm going to enjoy using Goro and beating the snot out of everybody who don't have access to him...LOL.

***Cause I'm evil like that:manganr:

18. Silent Jay

Quan Chi KONFIRMED

[video=youtube;czVS-hW8WC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czVS-hW8WC0[/video]

19. Silent Jay

Kung Lao Konfirmed.

In case anyone was still following.

20. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

And a comic book series.