1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

More Canadian knife law shenanigans.

wes Mar 5, 2018

1. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Being off the forums for a number of years means I haven't really kept up with knife laws.

For most of you, I'll assume you seen this already but for those that haven't, imagine my joy in seeing this from Canadian Customs:

2. In accordance with subsection 84(1) of the Criminal Code and the CITT's recent decision in T. LaPlante, the CBSA resolves that centrifugal knives will be classified as prohibited weapons if the following conditions are met:

1. a knife has a blade that opens by centrifugal force, when the blade is released from the handle into the fully ejected and locked position with a simple and brisk outwardly flick of the wrist; and
    2. it includes knives that require some preliminary or simultaneous minimal manipulation of either a flipper or other non-edged parts of the blade.
    https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/cn-ad/cn18-01-eng.html

Oh, goody. More regulations for Canada.

This impacts Canadian knife collectors as sending knives across the border gets a whole lot more complicated and dicey. Insurance does NOT cover confiscation of knives.

The Knife Depot blog covers it nicely:

https://www.knife-depot.com/blog/canada-bans-import-of-folding-knives/

Boo to useless laws.

2. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

They're pretty much doing everything they can to take away any non fixed blades.
    Seizing entire shipments to reputable businesses, loosening pivots then flicking them open claiming they can be opened with centrifugal force...
    Basically they're being the largest sized twat waffles they can be.

3. Rover

Rover Rock N' Roll Outlaw JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

Those who hunt deer sometimes raise tigers. —Indian proverb

Do you guys have a kniferights sort of organization? I know they’ve done a lot of good here.

4. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

The best thing for Canada will be when that twat waffle is no longer in charge

5. wes

begreen61 likes this.
  6. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

Sounds like Canada is going down the "all knives are bad" route just as we have in the UK.
    One of the most annoying things is that the gangs of scrotes and lowlives over here that ARE responsible for most of the knife crime carry Stanley knives or kitchen knives as a rule, NOT beautifully engineered pieces from the likes of Strider, ZT, Emerson etc (apologies to the many other manufacturers that I've not listed!) but once again these laws hit decent law abiding collectors and /or folks who appreciate the blade as a tool and certainly don't go round sticking their £300+ collectors items into innocent people!

begreen61 likes this.
  7. wes

Well Stu, seeing how much crime was reduced there, I am sure it will be just as beneficial here.

begreen61 likes this.
  8. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

sounds like NYC laws, if not worse. What douchery.

begreen61 likes this.
  9. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

Ironically, one of the most publicised "stabbings" in recent years, very tragically of an innocent lad by a well known troublemaker and thug didn' even involve a knife at all.

It was a broken glass plate in a kebab shop or similar takeaway, if I remember correctly.

10. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

That fella in the pic looks like a bonafide cuckold .... not sure why the pic of Bronson Pinchot is relevant to the story, but hey, not that there's anything wrong with that ( as Seinfeld used to say ).

Anyhow, correct me if I be mistaken.... can't you buy a pump shotgun with a 14" barrel up there just like we can buy a 18.5" barrel shotgun down here..? But they're concerned about someone having flipper pocket knives.??

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018