1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Microtech Tachyon II Balisong just announced!

Blade HQ Sep 11, 2012

1. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

If there isn't hopefully they will see this and add one. The latch doesn't matter at all, as long as it works, but a latchgate is as essential as a blade to me. There is just no reason not to include one. Other wise the latch literally dulls and dings the part of the blade that gets used the most.

It is common sense. And I feel like microtech knows better. Did the original have a latchgate? I have never handled one before.

2. Bentley

Bentley Ur-Enki lu ĝiri ib-sur-ra

The original supposedly had one (never handled one myself either), and I can't imagine that they would remove it from the design. But since Microtech's last bali was without one, I figured it wouldn't hurt to get confirmation.

3. deadpool

deadpool merc with the mouth

Im taking the latch off regardless, I do not own a bali with a latch, I basically have a latch collection to match every knife. Plus, having a steel latch on Ti handles may result in more wear, no latch.

4. Beelzebubbles

Beelzebubbles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Mine has a latch gate. The new ones will as well, I'm sure.

5. elusiveweasle

elusiveweasle Brigade Member Brigade Member

Undoubtedly it will. They wouldnt improve on the knifes shortcomings only to drop one of its positive aspects. I cant wait to get mine!!

Jason

6. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

These will indeed have a latch gate.

-Jacob

7. DumbNinjaDude

DumbNinjaDude Little member

When will the oders be shipped?

8. Blade HQ

Our first shipment is arriving late this week. The first shipment will be all SW plain.

9. ultrahesh

ultrahesh Heathen among the saints Brigade Member

Sweet!!! I ordered one of those. Can I swing by on Monday and pick mine up? If you have them on Friday I'd love to come by and get it then.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
  10. Blade HQ

They haven't shown up yet, sorry.

11. DumbNinjaDude

DumbNinjaDude Little member

When you do get them, will you be putting up a video looking over the knife before shipping it out?

12. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

Did they retain the fuller from the previous design, or go with those skeletonized holes in the blade (as seen in the renderings?)

13. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

They went with the holes.

Glad to be of assistance. :thumbsup:

14. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

STOP FUCKING ANSWERING DEAD THREADS FROM YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!

PS.
    NO ONE wants your "assistance" anymore! :devilfinger:

:jdwink2::bwah:

BladeVega333 and Glenn like this.
  15. luke51015

luke51015 Huge member

yea wish they were still in production. Now you can only find a few for sale. Good thing my brother got one a while ago

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  16. Luke Enas

Luke Enas JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

:ropeman: Luke from NY? thats my job

17. Balisongsuser

Balisongsuser Huge member

this was one of my favorite days :) my tach 2 will never leave my side and the bowie blade.....beautiful