1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Microtech Tachyon II Balisong just announced!

Blade HQ Sep 11, 2012

1. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

We are excited to announce the rebirth of the famed Microtech Tachyon as the Tachyon II. The updated version boast improved specs (longer length, a bit heavier) and the same fit and finish Microtech is known for.

-Titanium Handles
    -Hardener Phosphor Bronze Bushing System
    -Clip Point Bowie Blade
    -Stainless Latch and Hardware
    -154CM Blade

This is a BladeHQ exclusive and we are offering a special pre-order price of $260 shipped. There is a $5 non-refundable down payment and these are expected to ship next month.

Check them out here--> Microtech Tachyon II

[​IMG]

Bentley and JohnnyBmore like this.
  2. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

Awesome! :smilieonstretcher:

3. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Thanks for the heads up, I believe I'm the first one to preorder the stonewash plain!

(out of 300 pieces?)

4. papercut

papercut KILLACANE JDBA Official Member

Just ordered two:thumbsup:

5. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Gasp!!!

6. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

I just preordered one too. Hate microtech, but not their knives. And that is an excellent price. Could not resist. That yojimbo 2 will have to wait.

7. accurate

accurate Accurate Devil JDBA Official Member

Order placed for one plain edge stonewashed!

DeepSkyyz likes this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'm in too. This is way cool to see coming back.

:yuna:

9. crazspence

crazspence Huge member

i dont wanna seem like a pessimist but what if the tachyon has QC issues? It would be nice if bladeHQ had a video of a prototype. ive personally never had the pleasure of owning a microtech knife so can someone who has owned the original tachyon shed some light on this? is it unlikely that there will be first production run issues? if everything is good to go ill hold off on the BM51 i am looking for at the moment and jump on this instead.

10. Killerstephen

Killerstephen JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Fuck yeah.

Please take more of my money.

11. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

Man blsdehq has the market cornered on balisongs. First alpha beast, and now this. Both exclusives.

12. alerma

alerma Huge member

Damn! if i only had the cash for two.... but now i got this and the AB coming!!! :manganr:

13. Blade HQ

This isn't a new knife for Microtech, just an improved version. We'll get up a video as soon as we have an advanced prototype in our hands. Our return policy will apply to this knife, so if you aren't happy with it after you get it, we'll gladly take it back.

-Jacob

14. rickymtz

rickymtz Huge member

waiting to see a video of the prototype :D After that Ill cash in :manganr:

15. Killerstephen

Killerstephen JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Sort of unrelated and possibly discussed somewhere else, but I love how you guys changed up the "Browse by category" bar on the left side of the page.

Wasnt a big deal, but I never liked having to scroll so much.

Just letting you know that the change didnt go unnoticed and that it is appreciated.

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  16. Blade HQ

I really appreciate the feedback! All our software is done in house, so we are always trying to tweak so it is more user friendly. Everyone browses the site differently (some by Brand, Category, Type of Knife, Price etc) so we try to find a happy medium.

17. crazspence

crazspence Huge member

actually, i couldnt wait for a response from you guys so i ordered it 5 minutes after i posted my initial question :bwah:

with that being said my next question is that if these knives are serialized like the original Tachyon, will they be sold according to the preorder list? (ie. first person on the preorder list will get #2, and 2nd person get #3. etc.) I ordered as quickly as i can hoping to get a lower number.

18. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

That's actually an interesting point... Curious to hear the answer on that myself :yuna:

19. Blade HQ

Yes, they will be numbered. We will try to send out the early numbers according to order placed, the only issue I see is the serial numbers will be divided up into 4 blade styles.

Jacob

20. Bentley

Bentley Ur-Enki lu ĝiri ib-sur-ra

Do you guys know if these will have a latchgate? Thanks.