1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Microtech OTF Tool

jjhamilton Jul 18, 2015

1. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I was hoping one of you guys would be willing to allow me to borrow your UTX OTF tool. I've looked into purchasing my own but to my surprise they are crazy expensive.... Well there is one available in a price range I can see buying, but its being sold by a person I refuse to give my $ to.

I would only keep it a week and swear to keep it safe and return it insured for whatever amount you see fit. I just want to disassemble the knife and see if its fucked or if I can repair it, and it shall be returned.

Thanks JJ

2. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Is it for the newer *Domed* TriPin screws, or for the older *flat* ones...?

3. jjhamilton

One of the domed styled, sir

4. jjhamilton

:ropeman:

5. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Nope.

Have several styles/sizes but not the Small Domed...

6. jjhamilton

Thanks though, I appreciate it all the same!

7. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

8. jjhamilton

Thanks I'll check it out!

Well after reading everything on the site, I see this is where "that guy" gets the ones he sales. So this is "his" supplier. I guess that's better than giving "that guy" the money...my only reservation now is the supplier you have to send a check or money order too and wait for it (MO) to make it before he ships the tool.....with no receipt or email confirmation of payment.....don't particularly like that. Decisions.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
  9. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I have ordered twice from this site, without problems. Living in Europe ; )

10. TPetsch

TPetsch Ice Cold Handshake

Says he accepts Credit Cards thru Paypal and will invoice:

Model & Toolmaking

Matthew O'Donnell

6645 Second Avenue Andover, Ohio 44003

(440) 969-4054

matt@modelandtool.com

or saveagoat@hotmail.com

To place an order, please send an email specifing what you want, and how you want to pay. We try to keep advertized items in stock. We accept cash, check and Money Orders. Credit cards are accepted thru Paypal. We can send a Paypal invoice with instructions if requested. For custom machine work, send an email with contact information and as much detail as posible. We can open many formats of CAD including: XDF, IGES, and solid works files.

11. corjzg

corjzg Hittin' Switches

I can tell you firsthand that if you send your OTF back to MT for repairs, etc, be prepared for a LONG wait. I shipped mine back in early March and, aside from an early June reply advising that the venerable Laurel had left the company, so far: NATHAN. MT has had some internal shuffling going on, but I still thought I'd have it back by now. I haven't even gotten the "this is what it will cost" advisory yet, which means I'll be lucky to see this thing before XMas. Just an FYI so people know they appear to have a sizeable backlog in that area.

JG

12. jjhamilton

Good to know, thanks!

Damn missed that, thanks mucho!

Yeah I know, main issue is not having the "credentials" to have it returned!!

13. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

You can have it returned to one of their (MT's) dealers, then the dealer can ship it to you. It will add cost to the transaction, but it can be done. I did it through BladeHQ. Contact the dealer before MT, and get their agreement. If the dealer is close-by, then you can go get fingerprints on their knives when picking it up maybe?

14. jjhamilton

Yeah I'd considered that. I don't mind the extra $, I just would like to have the knife back in working order. I honestly don't think there is anything major wrong with it, but who knows. So yeah I'm thinking this is my best route at this time. Thanks for the advice