1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Micro Roni Stabilizer for Suppressors

CDR_Glock Dec 15, 2018

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I have a 2nd generation Micro Roni Stabilizer, but since I acquired suppressors, I really didn’t want to shoot without one.

Some options included removing the Flash Hider and using a Dremel to cut the frame. That is something I wasn’t comfortable doing.

I saw a video on YouTube, by Solscud, and I wanted to keep it as a pistol.

So I ordered a 10” barrel By IGB out of YRS Inc. I acquired my Gen 3 Glock 19 for free apart from the Humpty Dumpty Glock Story.

I took the brace off and slid the Glock right into it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

First thing I did was remove my suppressor sights so I could use them for something else.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Then I polished the feedramp in the barrel.

For the Micro Roni Stabilizer , it requires removal of the brace to fit the Glock into it.

If you get a 16” barrel, you have to take the whole Roni apart by removing the rail and opening the clamshell to push a long barrel from one end.

For the 10”, the Glock will fit right into after removal of the brace. The brace is secured by two screws, and a plastic pin. Under the securing latch, there is a button and a detent spring.[​IMG][​IMG]

I’m going to shoot it Suppressed today.

Before this, I considered a Ruger PC Carbine 9 mm, Keltec Sub 2000, AR 9 mm. But I already had a spare Glock and the Roni. The spare Glock was free (See Humpty Dumpty Glock thread). I have had the Micro Roni for a while.

The barrel was $187, shipped.

As for how it will run, I saw this video by someone else today...Glock 17 10” Barrel Suppressed:

Someone mentioned that there were shorter barrels available in 6” so that is an option. I know IGB has a 7.5” option. You need a longer barrel to clear the flash hider in front of the Roni.

On the YRS INC site, the Roni Stabilizer is going for $200. I paid $335 but it was just released back then.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    seandavid55 likes this.
  2. CDR_Glock

So I Shot 50 rounds of 147 grain Lawman today. I had only one FTE without the Can. But with the Can I had some issues.

I’m thinking I need lighter springs, and I should have considered that. Anyways I ordered 13 and 15# springs. I’ll see how that goes.

This WILL work, one way or another. I’ve done a lot of work on cycling subsonic ammo on many of my guns, now.

3. CDR_Glock

To recap: The lighter recoil spring didn’t work (13 pounds). Shooting unsuppressed had one FTE Of 10).

So I took this:

[​IMG]

Cut it away from 10:00-2:00 to allow the barrel to clear.

[​IMG]

You can see the barrel when the slide is cocked back, that it doesn’t contact the Concussion device.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am a doctor, not a machinist so it isn’t pretty.

So now, I hope I can make this :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look like this again:

[​IMG]

4. CDR_Glock

Recently, I wanted to modify this for Suppressor use.

In summary, I tried different brands of ammo, but the Roni as it stood, was not working with the suppressor. I was getting FTE after FTE. It was OK without a can (limited test of 10 with 1 FTE)...

Thanks to Solscud for his YouTube video to give me the idea to disassemble the Roni and use a long barrel, and LOS from AR15DotCom to suggest cutting parts of the Roni of which I cut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You see the rub point on the dorsal barrel margin.

[​IMG]

I took off the excess steel, but questions were raised if the barrel would still contact the concussion device.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was not pretty, either.

[​IMG]

I mounted it onto my Bench vise and I let the dremel have its way. Because of the protruding end of the Concussion device I was just going to cut it first, then trim the edges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sanded and polished the near finished piece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The daunting task of reassembly was intimidating.

[​IMG]

Because the rail screws did not loosen I did not bother removing them.

I placed the detent spring of the rail release and pushed the parts together, and I hammered with a plastic mallet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest was easy

[​IMG]

I now have clearance for the barrel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I went from this:

[​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

Instagram : MuzzleblastMD

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  5. CDR_Glock

[​IMG][​IMG]

Additionally, I did the following:

I used a Dremel to open the port of the Roni, and I also widened the Concussion device or aluminum muzzle of the enclosure.

I cleaned the suppressor using my ultrasonic cleaned, and I used lithium grease/Teflon.

I lubricated the Glock, and I used a 15# recoil spring.

https://instagram.com/p/BsbJxiGnzv_/

Thanks to LOS of AR15dot com for feedback along the way.

I also scoured the forums about shooting Glocks suppressed, in general, and a lighter recoil spring was a part of that puzzle. I have the factory 17 or 18 (not sure), 15 and 13 lb springs on hand.

Now I’m off to zero and test accuracy...

It has been an evolution and a growing experience.