1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Sam NFL Draft Coverage

scott308 May 13, 2014

1. scott308

scott308 Huge member

I consider myself somewhat enlightened on most topics of social importance. However, I have to admit that my visceral reaction to the coverage of Michael Sam's draft celebration is quite negative. Thoughts from the Devils?

2. amen74

amen74 Down For Life

Politically correct dude, politically correct nation. The media lives for this shit. :devilcorn:

He's being hailed as a hero right? :unintroduced:

I miss the old US of A. :cry:

3. pad2

pad2 Helps enable Mr.LaBella's addictions Brigade Member

oh-oh .......... this is located very close to the intersection of religion and politics ......

View attachment 118661

4. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

I suppose some of the sub current to this thread is that he is gay. Don't bother me a bit. Folks can be what they want to be and I ain't gonna say a thing one way or another. Religion and politics have killed more folks through the millennium than any thing. Religious zealots will probably have a good deal to say but I say live and let live.

What folks should be more concerned about is the fall out created by Donald Sterling and his big mouth. My take on that is that a man's home is his castle and what he says and does within said confines should be absolutely no ones business but his own. We're talking within the law of course. keepem sharp

5. scott308

scott308 Huge member

Thanks longbow - You are right, every person has the right to walk the path of their choosing without interference of any kind. I still had difficulty watching two men rub cake on each other's faces and engage in a big smooch. I would like to blame the network's coverage of the event, even though I know my negative reaction is a result of my own pathologies.

pad2 likes this.
  6. rudechuck

rudechuck Worst Blood Brigade Member

Do I enjoy watching public displays of male homosexual affection. No, I can't say that I do.

But I also don't like watching romantic comedies (I try to avoid any movie with a "Jennifer" in it). That doesn't mean I think they should be banned, outlawed or censored.

My hang-ups are must that, MINE. No one else should have to suffer for them.

7. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

They can say/do whatever in favor OF it but you cant speak anything AGAINST it or fines and jailtime for you! That isn't an even playing field in my book.

8. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Which of those does sucking cock fall under ? :bwah::bwah::bwah:
    I could care less , but understand that the media was waiting there with a camera in one hand and their proverbial dick in the other waiting for that moment.
    Who a person exchanges their precious bodily fluids with is no ones business but their own if they are consenting adults and I am more upset that they are making this to be WAAAAAAAAAAY bigger a deal than it merits.
    A marginally talented gay football player ?
    The only thing that makes him unique is that he is openly gay.
    If he can do the job , he deserves to be celebrated by the fans.
    If he can't , then fuck him.
    No..........not like that. :jdwink2:

9. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

I have never hidden my feelings about the rights and treatment of homosexuals from the forum. But this is a little bit over the top, by my estimation. I am happy for the man; he does not have to hide who he is when he goes to work every day. But the vast majority of the NFL has been accepting of homosexuality for some time. The man's teammate's do not give a fuck, as long as he can play. And he can, obviously. The media is making a poster child of him, and I cannot help but think that it may come back to bite him.

10. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Who's fucking who now? Oh wait...; I don't give a fuck. Well I might if this is a new romance for tubtar we are talking about... :manganr:
    That said I got no use for squealy, anti-gay, stick their snouts into other people's crotch-sniffing action, religi-cultists. They rate just 0.00047th better than racists to me; I believe I recently shared my compassionate cure for that social disease.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    rudechuck likes this.
  11. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Didn't bother me one bit.

Did they show it too much?...from the perspective of it being a historical social moment, no.

***I just picked up my remote and changed the channel once I got tired of hearing about it

12. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Are we talking football or what?

Gay? Who gives a shit? Can he play ball or not?

Perhaps the most surprising thing is that he is out, as Tubtar pointed out.

It is statistically quite likely there are a few more gays in the NFL. Around about 5-10% sounds right, given the population average and the assumption that gay are not any more or less likely to make it to the NFL. The 2nd assumption might be slightly flawed, but the first one is probably pretty close to the mark.

That is all.

obi

13. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If it were not for gays, I would not know which colors match...Thank You Gay People!
    If it were not for lesbians, I would have missed out many time consuming DVDs...Thank You Gay People!
    If it were not for homosexuality some activist would have to fuck up other shit...Thank You Gay People!

Now shut up and play ball!!!:thumbsup:

tubtar likes this.
  14. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

I don't get why this guy is getting so much attention about his sexuality. This is not the first player to come out and I think the news networks are just running with it since it will get attention from some people.

Read the Wiki on openly gay players to play in the NFL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_American_football

15. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

players have come out publicly after they retired

16. Mikey66

Mikey66 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Well I missed that one and clearly I didn't miss much. I'm with most of you - so long as you don't hurt folks, do what you're going to do. If I don't like something I see, I can always look the other way.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  17. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

who cares. change the channel if you must. i heard he got picked up in the last round. he better get to work if he wants to remain in the league.

18. corjzg

corjzg Hittin' Switches

For a draft/NFL junkie like me, the Michael Sam story was a barely-there blip on the radar. Sure, it's great he's the first openly gay player in the NFL and all, from a moving-forward-as-a-society standpoint, but from a football perspective, his prescence was barely above that of a Mr. Irrelevant level. There were hundreds of other draft stories to focus on other than him, but you know how the media in our country is: anything with a potential for high drama gets front page action. Like a link earlier on a news page telling me to click it for the latest Kim Kardashian instagram pic. Ad fucking nauseum.

Media is like the weather, only it's man-made weather"
    Woody Harrelson, Natural Born Killers

scott308 likes this.
  19. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

That shows how much time I spent thinking about this thing.

Hey if the guy does his job and helps his team there shouldn't be a problem. No doubt the trash talkers won't say anything about his mom or his sister but probably his dad or brother :bwah:

20. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

That , and when I am hollering at the television " You fucking cocksucker ! " , I am not being homophobic.
    It's because you suck.
    At football.