1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

MFn Scammers

seandavid55 Jan 25, 2022

1. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Had some odd calls last night. Claiming to be some sort of legal office and they had been trying to get a hold of my mom. They had her contact information. So I called her and said she should get a hold of them.

Long story short, I'm 95% sure they are scammers. I'm also sure that they already got money from her a couple years ago. Pisses me off. She has so little. But they convinced her of this debt that she had and she wanted to make it right. Debt from 20ish years ago.

Be vigilant Devils. I'd really like to meet some of these people in person.

nostimos, woodlander and crogers like this.
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Sorry for your mom's loss. So far, my mom hasn't fallen for any, but I just happened to walk in while some asswipe was attempting the "grandson in jail" scam. When she went to put me on the phone, they hung up in a hurry.

I too would like to meet a few of them, although I'd be satisfied with a clear 300 yards... :cheesydevil:

nostimos, Samb and seandavid55 like this.