1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Metallic observations

rock3r4life Mar 20, 2020

?

Favorite steel?

1. D2

2. CPM-S35VN

3. Elmax

4. 154cm

5. STFU

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

I being my curiosity with an analogy:
    If you want to make your care faster, you add forced induction, reduce weight, improve aero; the same metaphorical benefits could be had with addition of steel alloy elements. When i first learned of cts-xhp, I was excited and thought it could be "the one" so I got a pretty new blade in it, and how it feels when I run my finger across the edge, D2 seems "sharper" next would be cpm-s35vn. My new favorite is probably CPM-S35VN, as it feels sharp, is more stainless, and seemingly easier to work with. Very curious what all of your thoughts are, regarding steel, sharpness, ease of maintenance, etc.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  2. Steel City Forge

Steel City Forge Tiny Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Why is 1080 not on the list?

rock3r4life likes this.
  3. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

I was referring more to the super steel and there isnt much super about 1080, that's kinda "walmart" imho. Even 1095, same boat + more of the AMAZING carbon.