1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Message to anyone who is on my order list....

M.Olexey Feb 3, 2009

1. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

First.....Thanks! I am completely humbled by the fact that you guys think enough of my work that you would order a piece.

I'm pretty new to the knifemaking thing and even newer to selling my work so it has taken me a while to get my system down as far as taking orders. When I joined up here back in August of last year, Ron was just starting to talk about firing up the individual maker forums. I wasn't quite ready to officially start taking orders but he made the whole deal so tempting that I decided to jump right in. Well the response has been fantastic and the JD members have been very supportive. Initially, placing an order was a real informal thing. Someone would PM me and say....I want ______, I would say, ok I'll put you on a notify list for when I make that again. I still had a few orders I was working on from local guys and other forums so some of you have been waiting on something from me since last October. So starting this year I worked up a more formal list based on a first in first out system. You guys that have been waiting the longest are at the top of the list. Going forward I will be able to actually at least guess at a wait time and orders will be filled on a more systematic basis. Right now it seems to be running about 5-6 months for new orders. I also wont be actively pursuing sales anywhere else until I have met demand here.

Another change, I will be having my all leather sheaths made by a real leather crafter. I have been doing it myself and based on the time it takes me I have been upcharging for it. For what I have to charge for one of my "pretty decent" leather sheaths, I can have a real sheath maker do his magic and make the customer a real work of art. I will still do my own kydex for no additional charge and will still offer the leather hybrid loop for just a little more. In the time it takes me to make a leather sheath I can make a knife so this will improve the work flow greatly.

Thanks for hanging in there with me and participating on my forum. Once I get caught up I have a few new designs I want to play with so I am looking forward to a fun year.

mo

2fulhundin and mikeymoto like this.
  2. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

Hell, you were born to be in a place like this. Thanks for coming.:firedevil

3. M.Olexey

I do feel at home here :bang:

Thanks brother!

mo

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  4. Centerfinger

Centerfinger George Clooney is a Spy

you do nice work and I hope to be at your level one day.

5. M.Olexey

Thanks man, I really appreciate that.

mo

6. 5150

5150 Huge member

I am in awe of what I have seen thus far. Your work is simply amazing! I look forward to owning a piece in the not too distant future. Add me to the list. I do not mind waiting. :semper: Thanks MO!

7. M.Olexey

You are on it bro! I'm really excited about your build. Thanks for the support.

mo

Pmlknives likes this.
  8. Chris Daigle

Chris Daigle Half fast

Where's my knife homie? :ropeman:

Chris

9. M.Olexey

I've heard that before......but now I have a list! You can't fool me :tardrule:

mo

10. Chris Daigle

Chris Daigle Half fast

Just wanted you to get used to hearing that. Due to the demand and all.

Happy for ya brother. :kingkaxt:

Chris

11. NORCAL HUNTER

NORCAL HUNTER Huge member

Its all good MO :jdsmokin:

12. M.Olexey

Your one of the patient guys I'm talking about. I'm rolling on yours and its going well. That's yours in the first pic in my 1/30 update. Thanks buddy!

mo

13. potterma

potterma Huge member

You say that like you think you will actually meet demand from here! :haha: :firedevil

Love your work and look forward to seeing how it evolves. Keep up the great work!

14. M.Olexey

Right.... Ha! No kidding. That's cool too though.

Thanks bud!

mo

15. M.Olexey

Thanks brother! Sounds like you speak from experience :tubtar:

mo

16. JMCNEES

JMCNEES knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Congrats on the success. From what I've seen, it's well deserved. Thanks for detailing so much of your processes, sure helps new guys like me. :thumbsup:

17. six

six straight up pimp

Right 0n Br0. My timeing with y0u was g00d.

18. Will

Will Zermeno Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

So am I on the folder list. And if not can I start one for you to add to your stress?

19. bs011961

bs011961 Focused Devil

Your knives are worth the wait. I'm Glad I got on your list last month :wes:

20. M.Olexey

Yep....your good brother :decisions

Folder list!?!? :deviltard: :katbonk: :hairpull:

I guess it's only right since the first one will be made with your parts.....

:highfive: :2morebeers: