1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Mensa Material

Rock Feb 2, 2010

1. Rock

Rock Kowulz.com

I thought this might be of interest to some Devils. Mensa is a great place to both broaden your horizons and meet people of like minds.

Do you know someone who may be Mensa material? During the month of February, they can send in the results of any standardized intelligence test they've taken in the past, and we will waive the application fee to review their scores for American Mensa membership. (There is usually a $40 fee to review test scores.)

American Mensa accepts the results from more than 200 tests; a partial list of accepted tests and scores may be found at www.us.mensa.org/testscores. To take advantage of this offer, your friends and colleagues should download an application from www.us.mensa.org/application. They will need to return the application, along with their test scores, by February 28, 2010.

2. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

If you are a member, I say the test is flawed and the $40 was a bribe. :thefinger

tubtar likes this.
  3. Rock

Rock Kowulz.com

They paid me to join. I got the good looking bonus IQ points!

I belong to Densa too. Its for smart people who don't give a shit.

Hater. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    Derespina Knives likes this.
  4. b-mac

b-mac Mac Daddy Devil

if i could only find any of my old tests, i'd be set...

do they take the Praxis series?

5. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

You have to score in the top two percentile of those tested. At least, you did when I read about it...

6. Rock

Rock Kowulz.com

7. aus71383

aus71383 Huge member

Wow all these years I thought you had to have a 140 IQ score to be in Mensa - I usually get 138 so I figured I was too dumb. Shows how dumb I really am I guess...

Austin

8. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

A former member of one of the photography forums I belong to always bragged about his MENSA membership, until one day, another member admonished him, saying "You know, if you were half as smart as you THINK you are, you`d know when to shut yer fuckin` pie hole !" :-)

9. Rock

Rock Kowulz.com

Depends on the test, Austin. Its the top 2% of the authorized tests, not always 140.

WD, there are some like that at the Mensa gatherings. They get shot down fast.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
  10. VampyreWolf

VampyreWolf Prime minister of coffee Brigade Member

Think I might need to take another standardized test and get a membership in there. Can't find any of my records from school when we did the testing, or I'd already be good to go.

Rock likes this.
  11. TKD

TKD purveyor of poon

Oh crap a bunch of elitists.

SugarSkull, droid and Boogerball like this.
  12. VampyreWolf

VampyreWolf Prime minister of coffee Brigade Member

Most of us don't care that we're smarter, some people need quantification of their intelligence though. It's not enough to be a walking encyclopedia.

13. Rock

Rock Kowulz.com

I posted this elsewhere and a friend said he did not like Mensa type dichotomies. I understand.

Here is my reply:

Life is full of dichotomies, my friend. It is human nature to create them and us categories. Knife people and those who don't get knife people. Cat people (ewww!). Dog people (wooo hooo)!

There are people who join Mensa because they want others to know how intelligent they are and their lives, actions, and behaviors don't display it.

Intelligence, like natural beauty or athleticism, are gifts; not something to be proud of. Having intelligence is not as important as what you do with the intelligence that you do have.

I was very reluctant to join Mensa, but it has broadened my horizons considerably. I have never found it to be the exclusive, arrogant, elitist group that it can be stereo-typed as. If nothing else, it has given me pause to be humble and realize how many things I am totally ignorant about! Its also nice to lose board games sometimes.

Mensa has some wonderful programs for gifted children to help them develop their potential. I would ace the first test in almost every class as a kid with almost no effort. Then I would be lucky to pass the classes because I wasn't challenged and the teachers couldn't keep my attention.

Mensa is only a small part of my life, but it is a good part.

14. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I used to think Mensa was a pretty excusive organization until I found out that my dog Casper is a member because he's so damn cute! :devil1: I have no talents to be in Mensa but I do pretty good with multiple choice tests.

15. Boogerball

Boogerball My posse's on Broadway Brigade Member

mensa means dumb girl in spanish lol

Rock likes this.
  16. Rock

Rock Kowulz.com

Mensa means table in Latin. It was designed after King Arthur's Roundtable where all of the knights were equal.

Boogerball means somebody has been playing with snot in English. :devil1:

17. TKD

TKD purveyor of poon

You don't need to justify Mensa man, it's okay. And what is up with them big words man, "dichotomies" you makin my head heart man. Damn you Mensa freaks. I must say you is a very eloquent speechalist.

Derespina Knives and Rock like this.
  18. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

All the chicks I met through MENSA sucked, in that they didn't... :ssad:

The chicks I met on the internet, however, 'oorah! :semper:

To each his own, I guess...

19. SoToo

SoToo paranoid self-destroyer

Finally found a good excuse to brag about Mensa, huh? Damn, Rock... I always thought those pics were caricatures of yourself. I guess I never realized that your head really is that fucking big. :devilzeek

20. SSandshark1050

SSandshark1050 Devil @ heart

I think in a traditional sense... Boogerball is right lol....