1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

medieval scalpel

hellize Apr 23, 2019

1. hellize

hellize knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Good evening girls and boys! [​IMG]:)
    I have a medieval field scalpel to show today.
    It has a nice, solid full tang construction, not that some one would actually need to force this baby into making a clean cut on a wounded warrior who's got a splintered lance standing out of his chest after a cavalry assault. Uh... that gash is large enough already!
    And the blade's handsome curve also makes the occasional on site battlefield amputation a kind of micro-holiday instead of a gory agony, as its delicate edge skates around the skin, revealing and peeling the muscles and tendons off till the bone's snowy whiteness underneath gets visible.
    Sharpness is the key, my good friend. The only thing easing the horror and pain of such a gruesome but possibly lifesaving act.
    And sharpness does she have! [​IMG];)

Her full length is 21.5 cm / 8.5 inch. The edge is 10.5 cm / 4.13 inch long.
    The handle is made of bamboo, with copper pins.
    I forged the blade of 5160 and L6. It is of san mai construction. The edge is made of 5160.
    The sheath is made of thick cow hide.

It is available for 140 usd, postal fee included!

Grab it while it's fresh! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanos74 likes this.
  2. hellize

hellize knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

This one is sold. Thank you guys for the nice words and likes! :)

If you wish to have a similar one, please feel free to pm me. ;)

Thanos74 likes this.
  3. CharlesKnife

CharlesKnife Little Member

Really interesting blade work