1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Cook passaround

truepaganini Sep 16, 2014

1. truepaganini

truepaganini JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Up for passaround is a Matt Cook custom balisong (channel construction, ti/ironwood handles). Limiting this to 7 people, and each person can keep the knife up to 10 days. Users with over 300 posts are eligible to participate (exceptions can be made), and I reserve the right to turn down a member as well.

I ask that the knife be insured for $1500, and I also ask that you exercise caution with the knife. Last time I did a passaround, the knife came back with wear and scratches, please don't let that happen again. If you are looking for a knife to heavily flip over your hardwood floors, unfortunately this is not your passaround. Light-moderate flipping over soft surfaces please, (Or just REALLY make sure it comes back the way it arrived to you). Thanks.

Please read the passaround rules before participating, as they all apply.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  2. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I would like to be considered please sir.

Actually after some thought, I'm passing. Thank you for the opportunity to be considered, but this is too expensive and my heart couldn't bare the wait between shipments!

I employ those that do take up this chance, please look after this man...he is doing something that takes a huge amount of heart.....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    truepaganini likes this.
  3. Sir Billiam

Sir Billiam JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Pretty knife. I would never trust other people with something so amazing :bwah: Matt does great work. I feel like I've seen that grind before somewhere... :ross:

4. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

After what happened last time with his ELB I am amazed Trup would do this... It was something I haven't even forgotten or forgiven, and it wasn't even my knife. Shows you the character of this man, something alone that deserves applause and respect.

Sir Billiam likes this.
  5. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I don't want in on the pass around, but I did want to say that I think it's awesome of you to do so, and congratulate you on your knife.

That things looks money!!!

6. ls1mtz

ls1mtz JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I want in!!!! Please!

Edit: I won't be making any videos or flipping, I just want to see what the damascus looks like in person!!!

7. armedpootles

armedpootles JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

same, very cool of you man!

8. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

You are brave and generous soul. Good Karma to you for sure.:thumbsup:

I have seen this knife-albeit with different inserts, and it is something special.

:thumbsup:

9. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

It's like.... I WANNA be in on this and flip it...

But I think it's passed my comfort zone of what I'm willing to flip when it's not mine....

10. dus7man

dus7man Jet life to the next life JDBA Official Member

You really do deserve props, a good soul.

11. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

Count me in if you can.

12. XxGRYMMxX

XxGRYMMxX The Crayola Kid JDBA Official Member

:ditto: Too rich for my blood, but awesome passaround man!! :thumbsup:

13. Pingpong

Pingpong Average member

I've wondered what a custom Cook feels like in hand for a few years now, but 300 posts!:cry: Aw well, your generosity is a great excuse to step up more of a forum presence. To those lucky devils who get the chance in the pass around. Flip with love.

14. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

You, Sir, are a brave and generous soul....a TRUE Devil ! :devilwag:

15. KaosRase

KaosRase Huge member

Would like too be in this but lacking requirements and honestly would be afraid of even touching a knife in that price range even if i could. Espeacially a bali. What a gorgeous blade though and very generous doing a passaround with it.

16. truepaganini

truepaganini JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Let's get some more people signed up! I gotta get this thing out monday and we only have one member participating.

17. DeadPuppy

DeadPuppy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Beautiful knife and extremely generous pass around!

I'd love to participate but there is no way i'd feel comfortable shipping that to my house.

Good luck with the passaround!

18. zohninja

zohninja JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

i think it would be cool to be considered if thats possible

also living in california i dont know if you would trust your knife coming in and out of my state. never had any problems in the past but i would completely understand.

Looks like a beauty and you sir are very generous and i think some more devils need to sign up and feel how nice this thing looks!

19. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Love matts work, have been on his list for I believe 2 year now. Have had some modded work done by him. Talked to him enough to become social friends with matt. I must say your custom is one of the most desirable in my eyes. I would appreciate the chance to hold it in hand to judge it fully.
    Besides from giving feedback to the community it would help me out on what form of custom I should go for when my time comes.

20. crosscuttlery

crosscuttlery Enormous member

I would also like to be considered, I have only got to handle a spa job from mc and this is just beautiful.