1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

"Man's" Best Friend

Mike Grasso Nov 2, 2017

?

Man's best friend is

1. Dog

83.6%
  2. Cat

7.3%
  3. The opposite sex

5.5%
  4. I don't have a friend...

7.3%
  5. Some other animal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

This is Barney. We had to put him to rest last night. He was 16 and a good boy.

[​IMG]

2. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

God bless Barney. May he rest in peace.

Rio and Huevos like this.
  3. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Yes that's so sad... R.I.P I wish they could come up with a shot that could make a dog live as long as the owner that loves it.

Huevos and Clydetz like this.
  4. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

I would pay a lot of money for something like that. We've had to say goodbye to 4 dogs in the last year and a half, all to cancer.
    Thank you for the kind thoughts...

5. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

Woof,Woof, Barney old pal!!
    So sorry for your loss. I've only ever had one dog and we lost him maybe 17 years ago, and Im still tearful now as I think about him. :-(

6. KaosRase

KaosRase Huge member

If don't mind me asking, how many dogs do you own? Man, don't know how I'd handle that much death one after other. Feel for ya.You own/run a shelter, or just own ton of pets?

7. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

We have 2 now. After we lost Romeo (he was 6) to lymphoma we adopted George from a rescue (one that I volunteer for). Not to replace Romeo but because George was pretty old (14yo by his papers) and I didn't want him to have to spend the rest of his life in a shelter. Shortly after that, due to a set of circumstances that I won't bore you with the details, we got Arlo from a different shelter. At this point we had 5 dogs when you count Tank, Rocky and Barney. Add to that that George and Arlo didn't get along for the first several months and we had to keep them separated 24/7. Then we lost Tank (he was 10), my boy that changed my whole outlook on pit bulls, to lymphoma about 7 months ago. Then we lost George (he was 15) to bladder cancer about 2 months ago. Now Barney, not sure of the type of cancer but he had tumors and it was slow growing. We read somewhere that everyone will get cancer eventually if something else doesn't kill you first. George and Barney lived to be old but Romeo and Tank were relatively young. We miss them all very much and yes it's been a devastating year and a half. Hopefully Rocky and Arlo will stay healthy for a long time.

Arlo using George as a pillow. They did finally get along.
    [​IMG]

Rocky Tank and Romeo on the deck.
    [​IMG]

Barney having enough of Tank's BS.
    [​IMG]

KaosRase and seandavid55 like this.
  8. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Sad indeed. But I'm glad there are people like you out there that take in these animals. Thanks for sharing and great photos.

9. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

My wife and I would both love to get another dog, just wouldn't work for us right now. Solomon was our last dog. Wife rescued him from a flood in Texas.He lived a very long and luxurious life.

This is Rocky. Him and his brother both adopted from a shelter.
    20171216_170104-600x800.jpg His brother Wiley disappeared. I think he was to friendly and curious. But Rocky is a hell of a hunter and extremely cautious. Pretty much an assholes in the winter though. Nothing to murder.

AJD1 likes this.
  10. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

So, as I mentioned before I do a little volunteer work for a local Pit bull rescue. Yesterday they held a Christmas event at a local shelter. The shelter had 14 Pit bulls and the rescue was trying to adopt as many as they could for Christmas. They had one volunteer from the rescue sit in the kennel with a dog and try and give info, provide assistance to anyone interested if they wanted to meet the dog and take the dogs out for potty breaks. My dog was Boo. They had her age listed as 10 but I think she's older. She has a case of kennel cough that she's almost over and her hips and back knees are getting week. After sitting in her kennel with her for 4-1/2 hours nobody even gave her a second glance. You can probably guess what happened next. My wife knew before I left that I'd be coming home with a dog, her instincts are very good. Anyway, we have a new girl in the house. Arlo and Rocky are trying to get to know her but she's pretty protective of her personal space and warns them off with a growl and a sharp bark. It hurts their feelings and they'll run back over to me for moral support. I know it wont take long for them to settle in with each other, it's actually going pretty well. Anyway, enough talk, here's a couple pics. There'll be more to follow...

In her kennel at the shelter.
    [​IMG]

Didn't take long for her to make herself at home.
    [​IMG]

Just to add. Life in a shelter sucks. Just spending 4-1/2 hours in her kennel was bad enough. If you're considering a dog please, PLEASE, consider a shelter dog. They're the best and deserve a better life.

Samb, markandrex and seandavid55 like this.
  11. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Mine are spoiled lately ,,they like it under the sheets lately,,Big pain in the ass ,, DSCF2856.JPG DSCF2850.JPG

Samb, jimmyjo, KaosRase and 1 other person like this.
  12. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

My best fried in my undies. She was bleeding from the bladder so I gave her my panties to stem the flow. She passed away in Sept.
    IMG_20160910_182727089_HDR.jpg The pic in my undies vanished. Sorry to all the pervs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    El Gringo likes this.
  13. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

She was beautiful! Sorry for your loss.

jimmyjo likes this.
  14. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Lola and Mimo , brother and sister that we adopted 4 and 1/2 years ago, 1/2 lab 1/2 boxers.

Attached Files:

begreen61 and jimmyjo like this.
  15. jimmyjo

Now the pic you've all been holding their breath about, my dog in my undies Elsie in undies.jpg

Samb and begreen61 like this.
  16. jimmyjo

Here's my new best friend-SOFIE the land shark
    sofie.JPG

LanceT, Samb, begreen61 and 3 others like this.
  17. Samb

Samb Average Member

That sux!

18. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

4 weeks ago Buckshot passed away 4 months after Fawn Passed away,,and it's really been hard . I still am having issues with his loss . He really was my best friend in every sense of the meaning . I was really lucky to have him in my life . I will never forget him . Goodbye Bucky I see you again ,when it's my time DSC01041.JPG DSCF2490.JPG

Attached Files:

19. KaosRase

KaosRase Huge member

Truly sorry to hear this man. Having a connection like that to a pet and then losing them is soul crushing. Cant imagine how hard it must be them both passing so close together. My condolences,, hang in there brother.

begreen61 likes this.
  20. Stephane Parisien

Stephane Parisien Tiny Member

Here is my little family. We are olde English Bulldogs and Pugs lovers. Awesome dogs :)

ISIS
    isis 2.jpg
    DIESEL
    diesel2.jpg
    ZEUS
    IMG_0336-small.JPG

El Gringo likes this.