1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Man on fire knife question.

Shike Jan 26, 2011

1. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Own it. Great movie.

Watching it tonight since there is no decent TV nor hockey :D

Good thread Shike! I like these guess the knife games. Sort of reminded me of the early seasons of 24 when guys were like OOOH what auto did Jack Bauer use last night? Fourteen pages later they still know what it was in the show.

2. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Great flick....Creasy was the professional`s professional....

(Don`t know about that knife though....)

3. Tank Buster

Tank Buster Rattlehead Devil

Yeah, I'm going to go with that.

They probably just picked up a random cheapo knife at a flea market to be used as a prop.

4. Kinnear Knife

Kinnear Knife Huge member

I don't know... it looks like one of those rare surgikal stenless steel knives made by the world-reknon maker accordin' to traditional finest knife amking skills.

I'd buy it!:deviltard:

5. diggumsmack2

diggumsmack2 Level: True Devil

I always think about this when I see someone wondering about a knife from a movie. I think there is good potenial for a new website; Movieknife.com, I mean there are sites for everything else right?

My favorite is www.mrskin.com, this site tells you all about every actress's nude scenes. Tells you the time into the movie and what kind of nude scene. Very proffesional site and this gentlemen is dedicated! Any movie with a nude scene, boob shot or full frontal is on there.

Now someone create my dream; Movieknife.com!

bmw likes this.
  6. snufferoo

snufferoo snuffaluffagus devil

7. diggumsmack2

diggumsmack2 Level: True Devil

Cool, I like that.....I just went through the whole Rambo III movie looking at all the real and fake weaponery.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
  8. bmw

bmw Little member

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb435/BMW72/6c1d817b.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
  9. bmw

bmw Little member

Man On Fire

Hi

I have been spending more time than is healthy to do so looking for this elusive knife, i have emailed all the manufacturers i can think of, all drew a blank, until know!
    this is the closest thing i can find to it, made in america by chris reeve called the Umnumzaan, pricey but it looks worth it, 400 dollars or about 250 quid over here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
  10. Warthog

Warthog Enormous member

That big fender washer makes me think it's a SOG Twitch, but the blade isn't right.

11. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

The movie knife is not remotely similar, in materials or shape.

12. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

The fact that we haven't been able to ID it says to me that it's a junk knife. The only time aficionados like us can't ID a knife is when it's a chinese made POS, and the only times we can easily ID a chinese made POS is when it's a knockoff of a quality knife.

It bugs me when movies do this. Washington's character is a well-trained "operator", but he carries a junk knife. But then again, there's people like this in real life. I knew a guy who spent thousands on his hunting rifle, glass, modding his Landrover, and other hunting gear, but wouldn't spend more than a few bucks (literally) on his knife. I tried to convince him that he could get a very capable knife for about $30, but he wouldn't, because it was a "waste of money".

13. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I thought SOG or Timberline. On the movie script it says Buck knife. It does kinda look like one of the Buck lightweight 110's. The search continues.

14. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

Here's a shot I took of the knife.

15. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

This thread is going in circles. :bwah:

16. bmw

bmw Little member

Man On Fire

Ok mate

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2011
  17. bmw

bmw Little member

Man on Fire

Ok what knife do you think it is then poindexter?

18. Rat Finkenstein

Yeah, I must be poindexter because my eyes and brain work. :bwah:

19. snufferoo

snufferoo snuffaluffagus devil

Not one that didn't exist when the movie was made. :ssmile:

20. Rat Finkenstein

Probably some knockoff POS, Maxam or the like.