1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Maine, the way life should be. (thats actualy a state slogan)

Looseyfur Aug 9, 2015

1. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

The state of Maine became the sixth in the country to allow citizens to carry firearms without the need to obtain a permit on Wednesday.

Gov. Paul Lepage (R.) signed Legislative Document 652 into law Wednesday, creating the state’s new permitless concealed carry framework. The permitless carry, commonly referred to as constitutional carry by gun rights activists, allows anyone over the age of 21 to carry a firearm so long as they legally own the firearm. Felons and other criminals are still prohibited from carrying a firearm.

The National Rifle Association (NRA) celebrated the move as “another victory for gun owners.”

“Maine now joins an ever-growing number of states in passing permitless carry,” executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action Chris Cox said in a press release. “Despite the best efforts of Michael Bloomberg-funded groups to distort the truth, the Maine legislature and governor stood strong for freedom. It’s encouraging to see a governor stand up for the rights of their constituents, instead of caving to the demands of an anti-gun billionaire from New York City.”

2. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

And yet a southern state NC, the law was rejected....proud of you Maine.

crogers likes this.
  3. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

4. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

Way to go, Maine. Welcome to the club.

5. vjb.knife

vjb.knife Investigador Subaquatico

Permitless CCW

I wish other states would take a lesson from Maine, but sorry I will never consider moving there, it's just too freeking cold.

6. Krull

Krull Legit Crybaby/Drama QUEEN

They're trying to do that here in WV,my thought is get a CCW once and then never bother with it again.

7. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

That's awesome Maine,,Here in NY are politicians SUCK

8. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

pretty sure NJ is next:cry:

9. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

This.

10. sniiped

sniiped Average member

Just imagine how much Maine's crime rate is going to spike. Total anarchy. I like imagine a world where all states have Constitutional carry...that's the world I want to live in.

sam eib likes this.
  11. TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy NATURE'S FINEST Super Moderator

True, but at least we got the Castle Doctrine and they just passed a Shall Sign law into effect for NFA stuff. That's some good stuff!!

12. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Oh yeah! There are much worse states for sure!:thumbsup:

13. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

This is a huge win, Maine has passed constitutional carry, New Hampshire has passed constitutional carry very recently and with Vermont (where I live) having never had any sort of gun control laws there are now presumably 3 connected states where you can travel freely with your ccw.
    I have always applauded Maine for their sensible attitude toward concealed carry, even back when Maine required a permit for carry, they recognized that Vermont residents did not and so Maine would allow Vermont residents to ccw with only a valid Vermont drivers license.... pretty awesome Maine.

Edit: Don't quote me on the legality of traveling with your ccw between the 3 states, it is only my interpretation, I have not studied the laws at length but I believe you can carry in all 3 states. Vermont residents can carry in maine and vice versa, that much is certain.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    begreen61 likes this.
  14. begreen61

Here in New Joke ,,,shit I mean York , things seam only to get worst , we need to get rid of that damn Safe act for starters .Because of NYC us upstate's NYER'S will never get half are rights back .

Dustygmt likes this.
  15. Dustygmt

I have thought of moving out of Vermont at times because the cost of living is so high but I could never move to a state with ridiculous firearms restrictions. I have to be able to carry without submitting money and paperwork to the state asking for permission.

waterdogs and begreen61 like this.
  16. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Common sense.... it takes some legislation. Nonsense, on the other hand , gets eaten up like ice-cream.

begreen61 likes this.
  17. begreen61

Cost of living is high every where ,if you like where you are ,,,,enjoy it.

18. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

All states offer reciprocity for commonly-accepted things like state-issued driver`s license, marriage license, etc. Now they need to do the same for 2nd Amendment issues, which are a constitutionally-guaranteed right.

19. Dustygmt

Yes sir indeedy.