1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Mail call:)

abqjoe Mar 28, 2015

1. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's a shame praying mantis only live for 9 months. Well the small ones around here. Kept one as a pet for awhile and watching them eat is something else. Nice pics joe and oldies but goodies Buddha.

abqjoe likes this.
  2. MostHaggard

MostHaggard JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Great shots Joe! That mantis was feeling really photogenic it seems. Caught him smiling at the camera and everything. :manganr:

abqjoe likes this.
  3. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

That DE is looking so good that a mantis decided to photo bomb!! That's good in my book. Lol.

Great pics!!

abqjoe likes this.
  4. abqjoe

abqjoe JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Looks like Matt cooked up another batch of Prodigy blades:devilwag:

[​IMG]

5. MostHaggard

MostHaggard JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

:devilzeek I was really bummed I missed out on the last ones so this is great news! Hopefully I can get my hands on one of these this round. Thanks for the heads up man!

6. abqjoe

Yea I believe these ones are available:)

MostHaggard likes this.
  7. DeepSkyyz

DeepSkyyz Skyy'z the limit JDBA Official Member

Damn I wish I had a new prodigy :devilzeek and enough cash :bwah:

8. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

sweet mantis shots Joe! what a cooperative insect.:thumbsup:

abqjoe likes this.
  9. skyred24

skyred24 Average member

[​IMG]

I received my Hom Specter today from BladeHQ.

J Ray likes this.
  10. abqjoe

So a few weeks ago I picked up this awesome Matt Cook custom with a Pugio blade from the secondary market. Although the knife was in excellent condition I went ahead and sent it out to Matt Cook for some revisions anyways:) I had Matt bring up the polish on the blade significantly, reano the entire knife, jewel the liners, update the bushings, buff the ironwood, and update the spring latch (this knife may very well be the first spring latch Matt ever did). All in all I am very VERY pleased as to how the knife turned out! But hey, we're talking about the master Matt Cook:thumbsup:

BTW, there is a little smudge on one side of the blade lol... At first, I thought it was a dirty spot or an area where someone had tried to polish the blade but chickened out. But low and behold, it is one of Matt's really early maker's marks. That's no smudge, it's a little Mantis etched in the blade:)

Enjoy the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jvamis

Jvamis International Devil Welcome Squad Leader JDBA Official Member

Nice finish enhanced with the Balisong de Matt, powerful and impressive blade !!
    I have seen on a JJ Camerer, purple anodizing goes well with the Arizona ironwood (or snake wood) !!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
  12. Jvamis

Jvamis International Devil Welcome Squad Leader JDBA Official Member

Sorry double post !

13. LeyS.

LeyS. JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Love the detail on that DE.., the jewel on the liner is amazing! Well done brother!

14. abqjoe

Thanks, glad you guys like it! Believe it or not this knife is 11 1/8" long and is 1 of only 2 true double edge balisongs that Matt has ever made. If you make even the slightest mistake with this thing you're gonna pay in blood.

15. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

....i guess that means i have the other one?

16. abqjoe

Idk, would need a pic for confirmation:)

17. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

18. abqjoe

That's a very cool knife!

19. abqjoe

My new favorite flipper, Wscott Curtis.. I told him to title this video "What Bitches".... Guess what he titled it, WHAT BITCHES! Love this guy! Keeps it real and does what he feels like doing! Hopefully I'll get a chance to drink a beer with this dude one day:manganr:

[video=youtube;FfcZWeCDtf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfcZWeCDtf4[/video]

20. DeepSkyyz

DeepSkyyz Skyy'z the limit JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]
    :bwah:

OnceBitten likes this.