1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

mad archery skills

fod Jan 23, 2015

1. fod

fod Hand of the Box Master Knife Maker or Craftsman

:devilzeek

[video=youtube;BEG-ly9tQGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk[/video]

2. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

OK.

I'm impressed... :thumbsup:

Wow.

3. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I've seen that guy before, he's got way to much time on his hands.
    But, he's gotten better, very badass. :thumbsup:

4. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Awesome ! :thumbsup:

5. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Like the Hungarian horse archers...it's just that this guy is Norwegian or something.

There are loads of folks shooting like him but on horses all over Europe.

He has not completely rediscovered something as he would have you believe in this video.

Nonetheless, he has succeeded in reviving the skills which were almost certainly common back in the day of 'real' archers.

I am not sure why, but I have always shot with the arrow on the 'outside' of the bow. I have had a long bow since I was a boy. I suspect that 'rediscovery' for him is more because he started as a 'target' shooter with those ridiculous over-balanced/weighted monstrosities they us. That's popular during the long winters up there.
    Supremely dope, for sure.

But in this video at 2:40, you can see exactly what he is doing on horseback, old school...in Hungary. But if you watch careful, one point made by Lars carries here. These guys need two strokes to shoot because they knock the arrow on the inside of the bow. Still can shoot pretty fast, but not like Lars.

[YOUTUBE]P8M00PRbI3c[/YOUTUBE]

6. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Research using ancient manuscripts & illustrations is sweet. Images were used to teach so attention to accurate details had more importance than the ad images we see today. Nice catch. :thumbsup:

7. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

Never seen the guy or heard of him before but I have hunted with the longbow for many many years and use the style as taught by John Scultz as he learned from Howard Hill. I shoot the American style of longbow and nock on the bow hand side due to archers paradox. I can and have shot bent over, laying down, stationary, from tree stands, from the ground, etc.etc. I have shot moving targets and very small thrown targets. Hunted pheasents and ducks with my longbow. That fella sure has skill but it ain't much for hunting I don't think.

Also look up Howard Hill, John Schutlz etc.etc. on you tube. You will be surprised at what a fella can do with a longbow when he practices. Also I used heavy hunting weight longbows all year around and shot mainly the American style of longbow. Nice vid though. keepem sharp

8. Obijuan Kenobe

Hunting is this not, indeed. This is combat archery.

I love the stories of the bows made by the native Americans in the Rockies. They used to boil the horns of Big Horn Sheep to make the bow, and they pulled so heavy that they could come out the other side of bison!

Archery is fantastic.

obi

9. Obijuan Kenobe

10. djdawg

djdawg Huge member

Yes ......thanks for posting this ..........great