1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

M.D. Caldwell Knives???

RussMo Nov 27, 2009

1. RussMo

RussMo Average member

Has anyone out there dealt with this maker??? I just found out about some of the knives he makes, but need info on the maker, the knives and frankly are they any good. I know he uses 154CM which is a pretty good steel, but just need feedback.

Thanks for your help Gents,

Russ

Soup_Monger likes this.
  2. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

Aye... although he doesn't sell direct.

I've been using a Caldwell 1-4 for a while now. (bought from Vintage Knives)

They are very good knives... the heat treat is excellent and the ergos are perfect.. for me anyway.

I have owned quite a few knives from different makers and this knife ended my search for the perfect 4" utility knife... so I sold all my others.

If your hands are bigger than average I would suggest trying one out before purchase... if you can find one that is.

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47343

[​IMG]

3. RussMo

RussMo Average member

Hey Soup,

Good to see someone I know over here. Hey compared to a Busse (any knife) what would you compare the hilt to being like??? I doubt I'll find any of the 4", but the 5" are out there and that is about as small as I want to go blade length that is.

4. Soup_Monger

Thought I recognised the name.. welcome. :)

If you are talkin handles.. then I know that Busse handles are severely lacking when it comes to user comfort... because they are square sided and rough finished.

If you click on the link in my previous post.. you can check out my initial review and there are some shots of the handle contours.

I have found the handle to be very comfortable during extended and heavy use... from spoon carving to feather sticks.

I can't fault the knife to be honest.

The 1-5 looks just as good... but I really wanted the 1-4 because a 4" blade works best for me.

5. RussMo

RussMo Average member

Soup,

Thanks alot for the input Bro!!!

6. Soup_Monger

Your welcome.

Glad you made it to The JD.

7. deathtakeslast

deathtakeslast Enormous member

I had one of his org models i got from him and blade show years ago great knife. Sold it off cause i needed money

8. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

I recently got one. I am pretty impressed.:madaddy:

9. Soup_Monger

They are too good for the likes of you, Ron(lad).