1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

low cost website

fludunlimited Mar 24, 2008

1. fludunlimited

fludunlimited knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

if you dont have a websight this is the way to go.

http://www.officelive.com/

its free for 1 year and like $20 a year after that.

you get to have email thats not yahoo or hottmail butt like my
    Brian@FludUnlimited.com
    free picture hosting.
    dont bother with the paid upgrades the basic is all you need.

2. BARKER

BARKER knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

www.blademakers.com is very cheap and geared toward knifemakers too. Very easy to set up and load pics.
    -John

3. Mark Terrell

Mark Terrell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Be VERY careful when selecting a company to set up your stuff. Some of these that are geared towards makers are a trap. It happened with a piece of shit a few years ago who offered to help makers set up their sites. Problem was, when they did, he owned their site and any rights to it from that day forward, it just was in the fine print. A lot of makers ended up having to buy their own site back for some asinine price or just start a new one.

I use Yahoo Small Business Services, and they work like a champ. They're 12$ a month, but I get like 8 gb of space, up to 500 email accts etc..... plus it's on search engines... Yahoo also has some very easy to use software to build the site.

www.mtknives.com
    MT

4. Les George

Les George George Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

5. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Don't make me cu..OW! Knife Maker or Craftsman

I roll my own. It helps that my day job is for similar type things.

6. Steven Kelly

Steven Kelly knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Check out Atlanta Virtual...
    Alex over there is a knife enthusiast and very willing to help out with getting you started building your own site that you manage and maintain!!

I am about 95% computer illiterate!! He managed to help me through me building my own site. Mine is basic and not very flashy, but it's mine and I can do whatever I want to it!

I think I pay like $7.95 a month...:ross:

7. Ness

Ness tracer san

I HATE OfficeLive.

One of my customers had that plan and set up a simple website, but now that I'm making him one, I had to spend like half a day figuring out how to get FTP access, and I'm still not sure about it as to try it, I have to kill the old site before :S

And don't get me started on domain name transfers... ALWAYS buy your domain separatedly from your hosting account, it's a little bit expensive (Like $10 a year) but you get freedom to migrate the site whenever and to whatever you want in minutes instead of being tied up to just one company.

:jdsmokin:

8. fludunlimited

fludunlimited knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

so far the only problem i had was not being able
    to edit my sigh for like 2 weeks when thay upgraded the service.

when I singhed up it was free so Im free for life.
    new accounts are 20 a year.

"I HATE OfficeLive.

One of my customers had that plan and set up a simple website, but now that I'm making him one, I had to spend like half a day figuring out how to get FTP access, and I'm still not sure about it as to try it, I have to kill the old site before :S

And don't get me started on domain name transfers... ALWAYS buy your domain separatedly from your hosting account, it's a little bit expensive (Like $10 a year) but you get freedom to migrate the site whenever and to whatever you want in minutes instead of being tied up to just one company."

when you dont know what you are doing like me,
    you dont know what you cant do with office live:)
    thay have added a lot more stuff last month.

9. Derespina Knives

Derespina Knives karambit maker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I use Ipower.com they have been good to me but to be honest I'm a computer retard. Hence my site hasn't been updated in almost 2 years! I've tried to update it with new pics and some new pages but when I get into the whole computer language stuff in squiggly lines on my screen I wanna smash my computer...LOL

I need a new web dude to hook my site up. My last guy moved....

10. dfarmerknives

dfarmerknives Tattoo Man says Knife Maker or Craftsman

I like godaddy.com

They helped in the set up and the tech support is amazing.

11. Michelle

Michelle m1 Lady Devil

As someone who went through EXACTLY THAT trying to get control back of Badlands, I can say heed Mark's words well.

If something is too good to be true? YOu are probably gonna get fucked... and not kissed before hand either.

m1

12. bhshaman

bhshaman Huge member

Ugghh... he used iframes... and a flash for the navigation.

Unless you have a Flash editor or SWISH you wont be able to edit your main navigation.

You need it converted to table driven menu, and the menu options would lose a little bit of animation. You can still have the graphics on the right rotating with some dhtml....

But the graphics are all integrated into the flash, do you have the original graphics in the header
    ( http://www.derespinaknives.com/top.html ) without them being in the Flash? Without them, it would be a little bit of a pain in the ass, but the graphics could be screen captured and edited into a non-flash site which would be a LOT easier for you to manage yourself.

That and your header/nav menu is 300 pixels high and for people on 1024x768 that is almost half their screen.

Yea, Yea.. I know.. you all say you have 1280+x rez, but I have a smaller laptop and I have to use a midline rez for it to work with LCD projectors without having to continuously swap the rez back and forth.

13. Ness

Ness tracer san

I make all my registrations there :ernie:

14. ballknives

ballknives knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I bought my first computer a little over a year ago and did not know SHIT about one just knew I needed a website for knives and my bulldogs. Whithin 2 months I built 2 websites useing Yahoo small business, it's easy to use and guides you through it. $12 a month and well worth it.

15. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I use Microsoft Live Office too. You can only use their color schemes and layouts, and I have problems with it wanting to change my fonts on certain lines. Other than that, it's a pretty simple, okay program.

http://fingear.org

stdlrf11

16. richard j

richard j grumpy knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

my website is free through verizon dsl. they give you 10 mb of space to do whatever you want. i never had a website before this one so i cant compare it to anything else. it works for me though.

17. Centerfinger

Centerfinger George Clooney is a Spy

I have a developers package from 1&1, I got in on it a while back and its only $8 month. They have development tools also, but most of them are crap. I can host many, many sites with my web package (right now I think I have 5). Probably not the best for a beginner, but works for me just fine. I have only had my portion of their hardware fail once, but 20K hits in a few hours will take a toll on most web packages.:manganr: