1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for knifemaker

scimitar Jun 2, 2014

1. scimitar

scimitar Little member

Hello , I am looking for a good knifemaker willing to make an exact copy of Martin Olexey "Super Pry Protoype " shown on his site ,since Olexey is not accepting orders .
    Any suggestions would be appreciated , thanks

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

:movethread: :wrongforu :jdwink2::bwah::ropeman::madaddy::devilzeek:devilcorn::devilwag:

M.Olexey likes this.
  3. scimitar

scimitar Little member

Thanks , which would be the right one ?

4. Mr.LaBella

Right here, in the one you are trying to copy/rip off!!!!!!!!:devilcorn:

5. scimitar

scimitar Little member

This is just not fair , I don't want to make a profit , I just like the design for my personal use ( which is not patented) and as I understand it may take years to get one from Olexey ( if at all )

6. Sir Billiam

Sir Billiam JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

:bwah::devilcorn::bwah:
    Nobody gets what they want in the JD

7. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

Well......I do appreciate the interest in my work. Seriously. Thank you.

I don't think too many makers will step up and volunteer to make an exact copy of another makers knife. I wish I had time to make you one but unfortunately I could not get to it within a reasonable amount of time.

I will say that I have no problem with someone making you a version of that particular design, (Super Pry prototype).

Thanks again for the interest and good luck with your search.

MO

Shawn Hatcher and markandrex like this.
  8. six

six straight up pimp

M.O.B rules wait for the real:devilwag:

9. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Scimitar:

I think you will have a hard time finding a maker that will purposely copy another's design. Patent or not. At least not in the US. It's frowned upon by just about every knifemaker I have ever known. But I got to tell you..... coming here in the JD and asking for members to copy another member's design was way over the top.:devilroll::tardball:

Shike

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  10. Mr.LaBella

Especially OUR homie!!!!:jdwink2::bwah:

Shawn Hatcher and Shike like this.
  11. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Make me an offer... Since I own that particular knife. :devilwag:

12. M.Olexey

:werd:

:JD_period:

13. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

Straight up booooolshit is what it is

I would make you one but only if you would use it for an enema

14. SPLITSHOT

SPLITSHOT Paracord Pimp

Glad I read this I needed a good laugh ...:thumbsup:

15. D2AP

D2AP Better than gold or platinum

:bwah: :ross:

16. scimitar

scimitar Little member

Knife

Guys,
    Thank you all for the invaluable feedback .But I think it's time to let it go. I got the point . Then got it again . And again and again.
    In the end I"ll design my own knife and have it made.
    And by the way I can think of a few truly great knifemakers , highly respected names who had their designs copied over and over again and don't seem to have any problem with it.
    So thanks again and get off my case.

17. DDD

DDD Brigade Member Brigade Member

Name one, please name one respected knife maker who had his design copied and didn't have an issue with it:devilzeek And by the way I wouldn't have weighed in on this till you told us to back off.
    I understand how someone from a country that has a history of copying/ripping off designs could have your attitude, but I don't have to put up with it. Example of an Israeli copied design? The Uzi, originally a Czechoslovakian design that Uzi took and made work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
    M.Olexey likes this.
  18. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I tried to be nice in my reply originally.....now :asshat1:..................Shut The Fuck Up!!!!:stfusignlanguage:

19. M.Olexey

I thought the whole thread was pretty civil.....a little righteous abuse but just as much polite redirection.

I've seen much worse for sure :grinyes:

Chris Daigle likes this.
  20. GAK Jack

GAK Jack Little member

excuse this from a newb but one of the best things in my life was to watch the gent who taught me blade makin ( Neil Charity) dress down a bloke at a small town market for doing that ( copying his work ) Neil, wrote a book and put three designs in it for anyone to copy , but not the rest ... he did it very politely , not a swear word at all , the bloke who made the copies i have never seen since anywhere , seems everywhere he went , folks reminded him of the dressing down ..

i make and sell one of the Neil Charity designs from the book , his Jackaroo ( one of the three he generously allowed anyone to copy)

( bottom two in this pic ) but they are all referred to as the Neil Charity designed Jackaroo's and thats printed on the label on the box

even though i've changed it a bit here and there ( anyone who knows his work will see they are based , but not 100% copied , from the book ) and carry the jackaroo name that Neil gave them so folks KNOW where the idea came from ..

[​IMG]

to do otherwise or to make any of his other designs not in the book would be ripping him off in my opinion ..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014