1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Lon Humphrey Pig Sticker 2 - Hogs 0.

Scout Oct 23, 2011

1. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

Coolest read ever!

2. Scout

Scout Huge member

Thank you for the kind words.

Are you some kind of Aussie mind reader!?:manganr:

I was thinking that exactly that would be the next step to try; flip a hog over and stick it with Lons Pig Sticker!

It looks very effective, for sure.

It also looks like it is something both NZ and Aussie hog hunters are fond of (and very good at) doing, from the vids I have seen.

Will report back when and if I give it a go.

That being said, the first pig I stuck, I got cleanly through the heart at the first stab and it took literally four (4) seconds from when I pulled out the Pig Sticker till it keeled over - stone cold dead.

3. Scout

Scout Huge member

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.

It was quite something. As englishmark mentions on page one; 'it gets the ticker going!'

Quite an adrenaline rush and you simply have to try it ... if you are into that sort of thing:manganr:

I initially wanted to go hog hunting using a spear, but saw one of Lons Bowie designs and was blown away. I just had to have it and that was that. I have not looked back since and cant wait to use the Pig Sticker on hogs again.

4. Lon Humphrey

Lon Humphrey Moderator Knife Maker or Craftsman

i think what you have in mind might be very very COOL :thumbsup:

5. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Nice work Lon

Great pics!

Are you a fugative with no face :D

6. Scout

Scout Huge member

Best dang pig sticker in my book

I can not get over how pleased I am with it.

Happy as a hog in mud ..... (before the dogs show up, that is:manganr::manganr:).

[​IMG]

7. Lon Humphrey

Lon Humphrey Moderator Knife Maker or Craftsman

hey thats a damn nice pic! scout :devilzeek:thumbsup:

8. Dwane Oliver

Dwane Oliver knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Man that is frickin awesome. Great post.
    I would LOVE to go hunting like that, what a rush.
    I love it when a customer is THAT satisfied. Like Cassie said awesome advertisement Lon. That shit right there sells knives.

Congrats to both of you.

Dwane

9. Scout

Scout Huge member

Thanks for the kind words, Dwane.
    It was indeed a rush! Im going again, thats for sure. You should give it a go.
    I have said it before, but Im totally surprised how well the knife worked. It sliced right through those pigs with hardly any resistance at all.
    I sure hope, that more people orders knives like this from Lon. Its a quality pig sticker and Lon is super to deal with.

10. Scout

Scout Huge member

Thanks, Lon. Its a damn nice knife!:manganr:
    Let me know if you want the full size pic for what ever.