1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Like loud exhaust ?

tubtar Aug 24, 2012

1. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Yeah.......so do I ..........usually.
    But after returning to where I park my pick up when I am off gallivanting around the country ( It had been sitting for a couple weeks ) , I hopped in , turned the key and was treated to the un muffled roar of a 3.0 liter V-6.
    Now , if there is a bit of compression and a lumpy cam driving this chorus , I can become physically aroused.
    But this is a lump of shit 1994 Mazda B-3000 with 230 turns on the clock and , while a fine to and from work and general shit hauler , is NOT a finely tuned performance machine.
    My first thought was " what the fuck ? "
    And it was confirmed when I shut the truck off and looked underneath it.
    My diagnosis was spot on.
    WHAT THE FUCK !!!!
    Some cunt used an oxy-acetalyne torch and cut the catalytic converter off.
    I didn't realize that this shit was still in vogue.............it seemed that copper had supplanted platinum in the tweaker income scale , but apparently , someone was kicking it old school.
    The truck was in the parking lot of a repair facility and is regularly patrolled.
    Mine wasn't the only vehicle hit , as the Cops were called about two weeks ago when a bunch of other shit came up missing.........wheels , tires , catalytic converters.
    They never checked my truck because it just never registered on their minds........they had customer cars that had been fucked with , so they had bigger fish to fry.
    They think they know who it was......... a former employee who was released from the terms of his employment for being a drunken piece of shit on a daily basis.
    But even if he is caught , I will never see a dime.
    And this motherfucker is loud.
    Painfully so.
    Not quite to the level of a Mazda rotary engine through open pipes , but well past unpleasant.
    I stopped by my exhaust guy on the way home , but he is off on an extended week end.
    Monday I guess.
    What the fuck indeed.

the dude likes this.
  2. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

:devilzeekSTOLE YER CAT....Holy Fuck!! Ballz

3. P. McKinley

P. McKinley knifemaker formerly known as "Dacks" Knife Maker or Craftsman

There's copper in a catalytic converter!

Where's my torch........... :growhorns:

4. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

How do you know what that sounds like?
    i can only imagine a cross between a snowmobile and a very sick F-14.

Komitadjie likes this.
  5. tubtar

A guy used to drag race one........an old RX3 as I recall.
    He uncorked it thinking it would make more power , which it probably didn't.:bwah:
    One of the most un-Godly sounds on the planet.

6. Komitadjie

Komitadjie Jay to the Dee, Y'All!

Ok, now THAT is just plain awesome right there. Best comparison this week, anyway.

Planning to replace it, Tubtar, or just patch the section with tubing and enjoy the reduced backpressure?

7. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Those things are expensive to replace even if you can find on at a junk yard.

Too bad you didn't catch him in the act and just pull the jacks out from under the car. That would have left a mark :D

8. tubtar

I got an exhaust guy who'll get me fixed up on Monday..........true duals from the manifolds back for a couple hundred or so.
    As for a new converter , let's just say that my carbon foot print is growing.:bwah::bwah:

9. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

yeah fuck converters...
    just put a pipe in between

still i can't believe they took a cat from a car...
    he must really have been desperate :devilroll:

airbags was a hot item here... and wheels
    ore complete front ends ( bumper, grill, headlights ) ordered in matching color :jdwink2:

but cat converter

10. Komitadjie

Good call, probably see a minor performance increase as well. :thumbsup:

11. JackBlades

JackBlades former cerveca terminador

The recycle value is the platinum inside. It's a common occurence around here. For some reason Toyotas are hit most often.

Dillon Brock likes this.
  12. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

An Oxygen torch is some serious balls.

I think the usual around here is a battery operated Sawzall in a parking garage. Usually under an SUV that they can crawl under without jacking it up.

13. Komitadjie

Yeah, an oxyacetylene rig would be a BIT on the noticeable side, compared to a sawzall... Not to mention, it'd be just my luck that I'd set the damned CAR on fire while I was laying under the sucker, with the fuel line and gas tank *right there*.

14. 50calmike

50calmike 50 caliber Devil

Scrap yards around my way were giving over $100 U.S. (or $78 Canuckien:manganr:) for them just last year.
    Copper is still $3 a pound for wire, stripped. But a torch under the car?, that's just crazy. For what they get at the scrap yard they could buy a nice cordless sawzall.

15. scott308

scott308 Huge member

Just out of curiosity, which knife out of your collection would you give to catch the fucks in the act?

16. tubtar

It would certainly be worth a Buck 110 converted to auto.....maybe an Ultratech or so.
    Something in that range for sure. :bwah::bwah:

17. scott308

scott308 Huge member

Tubtar, I have a tendency to stay out of this type of thread simply because internet badasses occupy the same space in hell as politicians and cowards. However, something tells me you would get your money's worth out of such a generous transaction -

Scott

18. Komitadjie

Fixed that up for 'ya, Scott. :bwah:

scott308 likes this.
  19. scott308

scott308 Huge member

Very nice - green for that one

20. colter

colter Little member

Damn that sucks! You would think somebody would notice a dude crawling around under a bunch of cars with a sawzall.

Now some of the scrapyards in my area have stopped taking them unless they're still attached to the vehicle.