1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Lessons from Aging

crogers Dec 5, 2015

1. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

As I get older, I realize I'm getting wiser. Some of the lessons I've learned over the years:

1. I talk to myself because sometimes I need expert advice.

2. Sometimes I roll my eyes out loud.

3. I don't need anger management; I need people to stop pissing me off.

4. My people skills are just fine; it's my tolerance of idiots that needs work.

5. The biggest lie I tell myself is, "I don't need to write that down; I'll remember it."

6. When I was a child, I thought nap time was punishment. Now it's like a mini vacation.

7. The day the world runs out of wine is just too terrible to think about.

8. Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

9. Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes and come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?

10. At my age, "getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I went in there for.

stdlrf11, Rhonda, falcon125 and 3 others like this.
  2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

that was good:bwah::bwah::bwah:

3. Berkley

Berkley Ancient Life Form Brigade Member

The software wouldn't let me green you, :bangdesk: but that post deserves it.:geezer:

4. djdawg

djdawg Huge member

Iam 62 ........this post was awsum , thank you

5. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

I completely, 100% relate to 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 if you replace wine with whiskey, and 8.

I'm only 31, but I feel (and probably act) half my age, and it's ironic that only within the past year or two, I've been embracing life in the way that most high school and college students do. All my college friends are getting married and having babies, and all I want to do is play video games, drink, work out, and ignore the fact that I have four identifiable grey hairs. I don't feel like I'm responsible or mature enough to make the amount of money I do, or have the position in my company that I do.

Wake me up when I'm 50 or something.

Awesome post; this made me think about a lot of things.

falcon125 likes this.
  6. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

I am in my 50,s and i like hanging with young folks because being old is a drag!! just so all my friends here at the mighty jd know where dymond47 stands!!

7. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

I don't remember when I started to enjoy sleep. Probably right after having children.:devilcorn:

But I do remember being young and sleep was punishment. Then as a young adult sleep was an annoying but necessary interruption to life.

Now I look forward to it. Maybe that's natures way of getting me used to the idea of sleeping forever. or it could just be the Post Autumnal Depression talking.:devilroll:

8. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

I must be aging,as i relate and agree with all above..:cry: