1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Lemon Meringue Pie

ded i Apr 30, 2017

1. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr Nuclear Powered Devil

Pecan Pie is the only legitimate choice.

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Excellent 2nd choice!

crogers and Kelper like this.
  3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thats an addiction in it's self , can't eat it don't know when to stop . Always ,I mean always I get sick from eating too much .

crogers and Kelper like this.
  4. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Putang pie!!!!!!!

Nah j/k i love cheesecake.

crogers, Kelper and stdlrf11 like this.
  5. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

I'm a Southerner by birth and do appreciate good Pecan Pie.

And that to me means using a helluva lot of nuts to make it with.
    Not just a thin-ass layer on top of the overly sweet goo that makes up the majority of the filling.

There, I said it... :bwah:

ded i, crogers and Kelper like this.
  6. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Pecan pie IS the national pie of Redneckistan, and I do love 'em. My mom makes 'em with brown sugar instead of that insipid corn syrup!

Ever had one made with Walnuts? They's good too!

But, I've met very few pies that I don't love! :dinnercutlery:

AJD1, Kelper and seandavid55 like this.
  7. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

There's a lady that works in our cafeteria.
    Her only job is to bake.

We have fresh cookies daily, fresh pies made weekly, and fresh bread for our custom made sandwiches.

Yeah, I'm spoiled.

Her lemon meringue and pumpkin pies are the best. I stay away from the nasty ass pecan pies. Too much sweet goo, not enough pecans.

ded i, crogers and Kelper like this.
  8. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

kentucky.jpg

About the only pie better than Apple,in my opinion,is called "Kentucky Derby Pie"..
    There ain't no better pie combo than Chocolate, nuts, brown sugar, bourbon,cinnamon and whipped cream..

waterdogs, crogers and Kelper like this.
  9. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Peach pie is my birthday cake of choice.

crogers, ded i and Kelper like this.
  10. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

I like to make pecan pie, it is the only way to get it with enough pecans. And Peach ... fresh peach pie is just superb. The peaches here are really good and just coming into season. Peach sangria and peach pie yum :wine::hungry::knifey::chefcooking:

crogers, seandavid55 and Kelper like this.
  11. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

I am sometimes in charge of getting the zest of five lemons to start. My woman can hit these out of the park.

Nice looking pie!

obi

Kelper, crogers and ded i like this.
  12. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Do we have a pie thread somewhere?

13. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

There's that one in UltraHott...

Oh, wait, that was Cake Farts

14. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Cherry pie... how could I forget!

15. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

My wife makes a killer version of this wonderful confection....out of respect, it`s simply referred to as "THE PIE".... :-)

AJD1 and crogers like this.
  16. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

When I grew up it was Rhubarb pie, chutney and jam. 18 yr old I went to live in UK Lemon Meringue I tried it became my choice of pie. Always restaurant grade it served my needs . I came to Merica found good Ole Fashioned Apple Pie loved it, peach I like. Pecan hell yes as long as there's plenty o'nuts.

My current favorite is BLUEBERRY for the winner.!! None of you mentioned it except me and I.am not an American. So who likes Blueberry Pie?

crogers likes this.
  17. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Your spoilt

crogers likes this.
  18. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

To be truthful, blueberry is one of the VERY FEW pies that I don't like. I've never been a fan of blueberries. They leave a funny taste in my mouth that I find unpleasant.

Plus, they turn your teeth a funny shade of purple! :bwah:

ded i and Kelper like this.
  19. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

I like blueberry if I make it myself. Otherwise I'm suspicious of blue food which seems too weird.

crogers likes this.
  20. crogers

My friend ran the concession stand at the local ball park a few years ago. I'd help him out on weekends. He bought those cheepo "ice pops" at the local store and kept them in the freezer to deprive the kiddies of their last quarter:bwah:. Blue was the most popular color. We always sold out of the blue pops first.

I could never figure it out. ALL those ice pops are nothing but sugar and water and food coloring. They ALL tasted EXACTLY the same, regardless the color. Butt*, the rug rats preferred the blue!

ded i likes this.