1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Kershaw lucha thoughts

Aidan young Jan 14, 2020

?

Thoughts on lucha

1. Hell yeah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It’s shit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ehn

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Aidan young

Aidan young Tiny Member

What are all of your opinions on Kershaws new Bali.

I think it’s good that they or moving into new areas and I’m buying there new knife, what about you guys

2. senseicharles

senseicharles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Aesthetically it looks "ok" but not great imo. How it flips is still to be determined. Bearings are a plus but I'm not sure stainless steel handles as the only option is the way to go in today's competitive bali market.

mike_geno likes this.
  3. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I think a lot will depend on how it flips.

I agree with the point that steel handles might not be the way to go, but I think that plays into it in a couple ways, 1) it is directly reflected in its price point. And at that price point (sub $120) I think th e bearings are ..unique. 2) some Bali’s are bought as starting points. (Either as a learner/trainer, OR as a starting point for mods, or a project.-and many of those start at much higher price points than $120. (51’s, 67’s, etc..)

All this being said, I haven’t bought one, and likely wouldn’t consider one, unless I hear that it flips semi-decent (maybe edc or a work shop knife) simple because I have others, and other project knives I’d prefer.

but it’s an interesting entry into the market to be sure..especially for those th at are new to flipping....guess we’ll see how it flips.

Flip Tripper likes this.
  4. senseicharles

I hear what your saying but, The Bear Ops Bear Song comes in a lot of options well under $120. And... It's one of the best cheapies I have ever had the pleasure to own. I dulled the blade to use it as a trainer and flip it a lot. I have a Squid but honestly, the Bear Ops is 10 times better for grip, flow and I have dropped it on carpet, concrete and everything in between. it just keeps on flipping. To drop this new one into the market this way has me worried that it won't do well. But hey, I've been wrong before :)

Flip Tripper and Coconutfilipino like this.
  5. mike_geno

mike_geno Huge member JDBA Official Member

I'm thinking of buying one to test some file work. Aside from the Kimura, there aren't a whole lot of Bali's that can be used for this. The sides of those handles look like they're a good shape to file.
    And as I said in the other thread. I kinda like the bade.

If it hasn't even launched yet, why is the MSRP $189.99?

6. senseicharles

I love doing file work. My hands don't though LOL
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. mike_geno

mike_geno Huge member JDBA Official Member

That's cool man. I'm working on a squid Triton. I'll DM you some pics.

senseicharles likes this.
  8. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Not too impressed. If you step back and look at it from afar it looks like a Kimura. They both share a similar price point also.

BTW...WTF is Ehn?

***You are welcome

Kershaw - Lucha.jpg

TheRoach and senseicharles like this.
  9. senseicharles

I was going to ask the same question but... And, if you stand back far enough don't most of them look like Kimuras? LOL

10. senseicharles

Like really really far?

Flip Tripper likes this.
  11. deathpoop

deathpoop JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The handles are longer than the rep and for that length the weight maybe manageable. I think imma do it

Flip Tripper and chutcher like this.
  12. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i voted Ehn
    whats Ehn

crogers and Flip Tripper like this.
  13. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

It's Polish for "meh" :lulz:

Flip Tripper likes this.
  14. Flip Tripper

Flip Tripper Huge member JDBA Official Member

It's an Ehn and a :meh: for me!! quick glance though it does look kimura-ish! but that blade profile looks alright though and the slots and diamond cut outs on the handles, zenned out too, makes me wonder!?

crogers likes this.
  15. Sharpazzhell

Sharpazzhell locomotive disaster

I think it's in competition with the bear song stainless steel bearing balisong. Bear song VIII. Not the the black one with ti handles and cpm 30 steel.plus the new bear song VIII and the luncha I never, flipped or used. Bc I was looking on hq and the bear was recently available along with the pre orders for the kershaw bali. Also there in the same but with minimal difference in cost. Also run on bearings . stainless steel handles.but Kershaw that's really surprising that they put it out and I actually wanna buy it too but like someone said it depends on the ergonomics and tolerances. Rub, play, balance, LATCH Removal, and the system using ( inks, zen pons, etc)all come to play in the kershaw.Best opinion I can give is: Like I'd learned from the store that I buy knives from you have to hold it in your hand to really be able to judge it for yourself, if you like it for yourself, even if someone gives a negative review if you flip with it and it fits your preference of that person, and they knew enjoy it then I suggest anyone to get either one. I brought the bear in bc thst kinda surprised me too. Any one feel the same way? I still flipp with my jaguar and I like it.

I ain't goong to go into values and stuff bc the crystal ball is still broken lol