1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Kershaw lucha thoughts... Merged For Her Pleasure....

Blurred Memories Jan 13, 2020

?

Thoughts on lucha

1. Hell yeah

31 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. It’s shit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ehn

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Yes, they look nice and I may just have to get a pair. Please post if you hear a drop date

apdallaround likes this.
  2. chutcher

apdallaround, JAM3X and stonproject like this.
  3. stonproject

stonproject Little member

I'm glad to see that. I'm hopeful the Lucha drop will breathe some new life into the balisong world by getting more balis in more hands. Theres been a lot of new manufacturers popping up making knifes under the $400 mark.

chutcher likes this.
  4. chutcher

apdallaround and JAM3X like this.
  5. Stevo5657!

Stevo5657! Little Member

Thats a good deal considering i paid 145 back in march. Wish i had held out. Took Lucha out of safe today to flip it ti handles really change the flip. Jump on it probally wont get any cheaper.

JAM3X likes this.
  6. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

That's a drawer knife.

apdallaround likes this.
  7. chutcher

I ordered the blue pair so we shall see. It brings it down to 4.5 oz and the dimensions are fairly large, so I suspect it will be similar to a kraken which I like.

8. Sharpazzhell

Sharpazzhell locomotive disaster

I had the plain stonewash one anodized and installed by me ultra but u had to sell it. But thsts a nice price for hNdles

chutcher likes this.
  9. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

Dude, Kraken on bearings is exactly what I thought when I saw the pictures!
    I love how my stock Lucha flips, but it's just too skinny and heavy for me personally. I almost immediately dropped and tipped it (on wood) the day I got it, so the fat handles and 4.5 oz sweet spot make it really appealing. I don't care about switching aluminum because IMO it's already not something to be dropped on a hard surface. And channel construction too!
    I've never taken apart a bearing knife before, but this has gotta be worth it. I was even considering the Ti kit but it didn't seem worth it as the handles we're pretty similar (still skinny)

I can't wait to hear what u all think, I really want to grab a set, but I'm broke, also gotta do Xmas shopping

chutcher likes this.
  10. Blurred Memories

Blurred Memories JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

apdallaround likes this.
  11. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i have never been a fan of aluminum handles on a bali, but they do look pretty innovative

Shawnjohn999999, JAM3X and chutcher like this.
  12. Lasagnabucket

Lasagnabucket Tiny Member

So tempted to buy a set just to try them out and compare to the ti handles on mine but i think im going to wait to see how other people like them.

JAM3X, apdallaround and chutcher like this.
  13. chutcher

That giggling soyboy was in disbelief that a balisong was the best seller. What genius at BHQ hired that idiot for their videos?
    It says mine should arrive Tuesday, so I will I will update with my thoughts soon after.

14. stonproject

stonproject Little member

I picked up a pair, I have one lucha with the ti handles and then will have one with the aluminum. I will be able to compare them side by side

15. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

Awesome! I can't wait to hear what you think. Hopefully they might be in stock next month, so I can grab a set after hearing what you guys think.

Honest AK and chutcher like this.
  16. Pudding Time

Pudding Time Tiny Member

I wonder how long it will be before Spyderco and BM are offering a Bali closer to the price point of the Lucha? The SmallFly 2 is not the Lucha’s competition.

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  17. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I'm gonna change my opinion. Great price point, looks pretty good, seems like a solid knife for EDC and there isn't really anything else you could ask for. Maybe G10 handles with different color options but that's about it.

***Looking like a Kimura shouldn't be a negative

chutcher likes this.
  18. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Never been a fan of aluminum handles on a bali either but am a fan of the Lucha, just not enough to invest in ti handles. This looked like an interesting alternative with an attractive price point. Grabbed a pair in black.

19. chutcher

Has anyone received theirs yet? Mine are still stuck with usps with no estimated time of arrival.

Shawnjohn999999 and apdallaround like this.
  20. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

I bit the bullet and ordered one. I'll let you guys know what I think. Wanted to order a pair of those aluminum handles as well but they are all gone. Hopefully they are going to restock soon.