1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Kershaw lucha thoughts... Merged For Her Pleasure....

Blurred Memories Jan 13, 2020

?

Thoughts on lucha

1. Hell yeah

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. It’s shit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ehn

21 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. MKULTRA

MKULTRA Little Member

With the fly ti i like it better than my rep. AB are still my favorite

chutcher likes this.
  2. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Yeah, I could see where it could possibly be a better flipper than a rep with flyti handles. I would have to try it myself to find out, but I really like how it flips as is. However, I seriously doubt the blade could handle anywhere near the abuse that a rep could, especially around the tip area .

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  3. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

After playing with the Lucha decided to keep it and received a second one today at the $109.99 price. Will give this one to my friend, a poor starving artist(martial).

4. Curtai

Curtai Huge member

I should be getting a Lucha delivered sometime Tuesday and I just ordered a 67 at a really low price so I am hoping it turns out better than my 51BK

5. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

First off, it is a FANTASTIC quality product. Secondly, absolutely beautiful blade shape AND handle milling. Thirdly, the thing has less than no blade play. (Massive peeve of mine) and for flippage, not bad at all. And Kershaw kicks a lot of ass for not being greedy mofos, like a lot of the bali world, as It cost my mealy a third of either of mine. And the Metall

Flippage: not bad at all. Not the next ab, or anything, but loveable regardless.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Shawnjohn999999 and JAM3X like this.
  6. Benyounkz

Benyounkz Little Member

Idk how long they’ve been in stock but Flytanium Lucha scales in stonewash are back in stock. Get em while ya can!

7. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

It wont

8. Steve W

Steve W JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I just picked up a Lucha. I read through the previous comments and most were spot on with my own thoughts. It’s definitely a good balisong at a good price. I’m just a hobbyist but I like my AB and 51 better (I know those two are very different for comparison - just preference) . However, the Lucha is also a keeper for me.

chutcher, Benyounkz and apdallaround like this.
  9. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Stallion Rooster JDBA Official Member

Looks like a good price for a decent knife.
    Kershaw has great warranties too.
    Only concern is the zen tang, it looks like it protrudes a bit more than would be comfortable.

10. penguinpanda0

penguinpanda0 Average member

Haven't bought a new balisong in about 10 years, and holy shit this thing is huge. Didn't expect it to be bigger than the spyderfly. It's a tenth of an ounce heavier than the spyderfly as well. Doesn't flip quite as well comparatively. Build quality is great though, and the price is right. Pretty much just feels like a nicer version of the old kershaw kimuras

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  11. XxGRYMMxX

XxGRYMMxX The Crayola Kid JDBA Official Member

Just got mine and while it ain't a top flipper (a bit thin and flat in the handles and a bit heavy) its def a nice knife. got mine on sale so the price didn't hurt either. now I just need a sheath for it...

12. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

I just got a Lucha, I really like it! I mostly agree with the above posts; Great knife for the $, a bit heavy but well balanced, VERY smooth.
    I like it so much, if I can get some FlyTi scales I might get a second one lol.
    It makes a tunning fork sound and vibration, that I think is kinda cool in it's own novel way. The whole Bali is quirky, not necessarily a bad thing more of a preference thing.
    I do wish the scales got a bit wider tword the end, like most Balis, or if it had some kinda grip areas on the sides (I'm nitpicking now).
    I dig the latch, might try to quiet it down tho. GOOD KNIFE! Fun to let swing with the buttah smooth bearings (it's my first bearing knife)

BTW, what should I lube the bearings with? Dry lube? Regular bali oil? No lube?
    I've heard all 3 options...

chutcher likes this.
  13. chutcher

I vote no lube. I have 4 balis with bearings and have seen no need to lube them, unlike bushings where you can tell when they are getting dry.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    JAM3X likes this.
  14. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

Thanks Chutcher, you being the OG, I'll take your word. I'm still a noob lol.
    I was already leaning towards no lube. I feel like it would suck all the lint from my pocket, and hold it in between the balls.
    If It gets grimey or crunchy down the road, and I can't clean or blow it out, then I'll try some lube. Till then I'll just happily flip to my heart's content.

15. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Heavy knives are heavy. Move on.

16. Pudding Time

Pudding Time Tiny Member

New Lucha variations coming today.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CGX7RFtjIjl/

Reddit post lists:

5150DAM - damascus blade

5150BLK - black handles and maybe also the blade

5150DAMBLK - black handles and damascus blade

5150RDBW - red handles and blackwash blade

5150BLUBW - blue handles and blackwash blade

5150ODBW - olive handles and blackwash blade

515020CV - 20CV blade

chutcher likes this.
  17. Blurred Memories

Blurred Memories JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

none of those say ti handles =(

chutcher likes this.
  18. stonproject

stonproject Little member

Flytanium has announced channel aluminum handles for the Lucha, that with a Damascus blade would be pretty damn cool. Pretty disappointed the Lucha that was dropped was just blackwash.

apdallaround and chutcher like this.
  19. chutcher

Interesting... I have not heard that. Do you have a link with some more details? It looks like the karken has made an impression on the bali world with the thick channel aluminum handles and others are starting to pay attention. BRS is jumping on board with the channel AL barebones that should be out soon. I've been impressed with the kraken so far since I've had one now for several weeks. However, I do wonder how long the pressed zin pens will last. BRS is not going the pressed zin pin route because they have stated they have the same concern and I wonder what direction Flytanium is going with the Al Lucha .

apdallaround likes this.
  20. stonproject

stonproject Little member

I think aluminum was avoided because it got a bad reputation from shitty balisongs using low grade aluminum, and it took squid industries using good quality aluminum on good quality knives to break the stigma.

https://www.flytanium.com/item/723/Aluminum-Channel-Handle-Kit-for-the

apdallaround and chutcher like this.