1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Kershaw lucha thoughts... Merged For Her Pleasure....

Blurred Memories Jan 13, 2020

?

Thoughts on lucha

1. Hell yeah

31 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. It’s shit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ehn

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. Blurred Memories

Blurred Memories JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Would you mind sharing with me which definition of the word 'truckers' you are using in this context.

Could you please repeat this, but with different words? I'm trying my hardest to understand this. I really am.

here's what i think i know, on some day you or shot show itself asked for feedback on the knife. someone's response either to the question or the feedback involved something about making the handles lighter.

i can't help but feel that hidden somewhere in this coded message is interesting information about the knife.

please someone help!

thanks,

~b

2. Sharpazzhell

Sharpazzhell locomotive disaster

I got those words from the shot show that I just added. Link is above. Luncha is the second knife they show. I edited the words to make more sense.

3. Sharpazzhell

Yea even the new bear looks like a kumira lol
    Screenshot_20200201-222439_Samsung Internet.jpg

If I had to pick with no other choice between the bear and the kershaw. I'd buy the kershaw.

apdallaround likes this.
  4. Sharpazzhell

Attached Files:

5. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

LOOLOLOOL(OLOOOLOOLL

6. Stevo5657!

Stevo5657! Little Member

After trying to find as much info as i could and finding out theres not a lot out there i went ahead and ordered one from knife center. I will give you my opinion when i get it Tuesday.

7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

We look forward to your opinion and we're glad that you are eager to participate in our beloved forum, butt* we DO require that EVERYONE post an introduction before anything else. I notice that you have failed to do so.

Please go to the Testing the Waters. New member introductions forum at http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/testing-the-waters-new-member-introductions.34/ and tell us a little about yourself.

Otherwise, [​IMG]

8. Sharpazzhell

Thanks b

I mean I did the same thing your doing with the black bear song VIII. And I just have to say Way to go!!!!! and participate. You def get props from me. Yes I can't wait to hear what your thoughts are on it.

9. Blurred Memories

Did some testing, it flips alot better for me with a couple of quarters taped to the end of the blade, so not the next new hotness.

It does have slightly less rear bias than the kershaw kimuras, so its an improvement.

also, mine came manilla, for what that's worth.

~b

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Pointy and Coconutfilipino like this.
  10. Pointy

Pointy Little Member

I bought both the Bear-Song VIII and the new Kershaw and got them both in hand. I am NOT an expert flipper, so my opinion might not be worth anything on this, but:

-The Bearsong is better than I expected (I have an older bearsong that is not as nice). It came very tight but I took it apart to switch from batangas to Manilla and reassembled it with maybe 1/8 less turn on the screws and now it's extremely smooth and yet no blade wobble.

-That said, I think the Kershaw is a better knife. It came out of the box with the perfect tension on the screws (unlike the Bear) and fit and finish, blade centering, sharpness of the blade, etc are all better than the VIII

Blurred Memories: Are you sure your Lucha came with the latch on the Safe handle? Mine didn't and I'm kind of baffled that it would switch in production. Both the BearSong 8 and the Lucha came Batangas style.

11. Blurred Memories

20200203_143355.jpg

i am certain.

12. Pointy

Pointy Little Member

13. crogers

I just got an email from BHQ, and this....

WTF.jpeg

Maybe they got some rookies on the assembly line and are having trouble remembering what part goes where? :lulz:

14. Blurred Memories

yeah its probably similar to the explanation hinderer gave for nieves first run to be tuned so bad, and to someone who's not balifamiliar all those handles probably look the same.

also, the pictures in the instruction manual show batangas.

interesting note: kershaw diagrams "how to open a butterfly knife" using the ricochet double roll out.

too late, i already swapped the handles around =)

Flip Tripper and apdallaround like this.
  15. Stevo5657!

Stevo5657! Little Member

Ok just got my kershaw bout an hour ago and here are my first thoughts . Very decent knife and flipper. Almost zero play between the handles. Flips pretty smooth . Kinda sounds clanky. I think the sound comes from the huge latch. Compared it to my barebones 2 to me the barebones is a smoother flipper plus feels a lot lighter which it is lighter but not by much. But my barebones is 100 dollars more. I would definitely recommend the lucha to beginners or someone looking for a beater. It would also make a very good edc.

16. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

damn dude manilla is the new latchless

17. Pointy

Pointy Little Member

Agree about the sound. I forgot to mention it. It does have a unique sort of 'twangy' sound, not 'clanky' like things are hitting into each other but more like a tuning fork...

JAM3X and apdallaround like this.
  18. TheRoach

TheRoach Tiny Member

Ok, comfirmation time: is it MANILA or BATANGAS???

19. crogers

I think it's Batanila? Or, is it Manigas? :idunno:

20. Stevo5657!

Stevo5657! Little Member

Ok mine came with the latch on the bite handle. Is that the BATANGAS?

Flip Tripper and TheRoach like this.