1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Kershaw Launch 11?

Benyounkz Mar 27, 2020

Tags:
  1. Benyounkz

Benyounkz Little Member

With all the new Launches from Kershaw being released I noticed a lot of different blade shapes and Cali legal ones. I personally didn’t really dig em a whole lot but I really liked the launch 11 which is smaller just not like some of its predecessors. Also it’s a very clean and simple knife imo. Anyway wondering if anyone picked one up yet or had any thoughts? Here’s some pics.
    55EB7EF2-529B-4D26-A682-C5D970ED4C22.jpeg C4792F91-99D1-46B8-B500-C5C41EFB58F7.jpeg

2. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

I like it. Not a bad size for EDC for a lot of people, and both the handle and blade shape looks like it'll be easy to hold and use.

I have all of the Launch models 1 through 8. They are priced right, use top-quality materials, and fit & finish is very good. The only quality issue I know of is the "lock bounce" (failure to lock open because the blade bounces off the stop pin) which seems to affect the larger models and I believe is due to the springs, and possibly a design problem rather than a manufacturing defect. However, I still maintain they aren't serious about automatics until the put a safety on it, and none will make it into my pocket as a user before then.

Benyounkz likes this.
  3. Benyounkz

Benyounkz Little Member

Thanks for your input, I own a Launch 6 and I believe blade bounce is a manufacturing error. It’s a fairly simple issue the spring tension doesn’t follow all the to the open position therefore when the spring releases tension the blade comes out and hits the stop pin with no tension behind it. In summary the spring doesn’t have enough pressure. Back to the Launch 11 has the issue been fixed in the 8-12 Launch line?