1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

just got my b200

krc Jan 27, 2012

1. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

look @ your g-10 I bet one of them is a LOT thinner then the 3 others :ropeman:

2. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Mines got as much play as my 42...about half the width of the end of my handles.

3. krc

krc Huge member

They are all the same size on mine. One of the spacers are off center though

4. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

Can I see some pictures of how it looks? I've considered getting one before and decided not to after all I heard with QC issues, but part of me wants to anyway. Pics please :manganr:

5. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

wayyyyyyyyy to big to EDC. In the words of tiny Elvis "Look at that knife man, it's HUGE"
    [​IMG]

"It sure is Tiny E"

[​IMG]

I think the blade is bigger than the open 53. I tried to open a box with the bear once and I ended up stabbing someone on the floor below me...

EOD if you are grabbing fly fathers a bear is just a drop in the bucket you might as well get one

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
  6. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Mark, too big you say ?

This DDR Madd Maxx has made it into my pocket on occasion. :bwah: 5 1/2 inches of assisted opening steel blade goodness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
  7. sirhorsechoker

sirhorsechoker cheapskate balifag fliptard

He's right! Bead blasting in general is shit! For all the hell d2 blades catch I can't believe people accept bead blasting. She left some tape on the blade of one of my b200s for too long and it rusted a little under the tape. That doesn't happen with my d2. The bead blasting is basicly the only thing I would change on them...

8. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Yo that's fuckin gnaryly. I'd carry itjust so I could call it roadwarrior. Alas I have t iny hands. People are amazed I can play. A bass sometimed.

RE the bead blast: has anyone else noticed the bear blade soaks up blood like cloth?

Posting on a blackberryt is a fucking bitch shit how the fuck did that one guy do all that shit from jail?

9. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yeah man!! that's some bad assery right thar!

If I was going to stab someone the Mad Maxx definately has the cool factor. I betcha it sounds evil as well when it opens.

10. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

"now with 33% more shanking depth"

11. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

You guys have it all wrong. I have no plans to use it to stab anyone. I carry it to clean my finger nails . :thumbsup:

12. Kenny_Powers

Kenny_Powers Level: True Devil

I figured it was just a letter opener:manganr: Thats a big ass knife it would def. scare some people if you pulled that fucker out

13. TRXRyder

TRXRyder Resident Devil

Thanks Loosey :thumbsup: Here's a simple step-by-step...

This is what I did to mine...If you can turn a torx driver and use a piece of sandpaper, yours can look this sweet too :yuna:

The blades and hardware on the B200s are way too rough out of the box, IMO. The black G10 is incredibly rough as well. To mod mine here were the steps taken:

-I started the process by tearing the entire bali apart
    -Then I hit everything with 1500 grit sandpaper, could've saved some work by starting with 1000 grit or even 800 grit.
    -A fine sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper came next (these fine grits are not sold at Home Depot or other hardware stores, try Auto Zone)
    -Followed by a polish on the buffing wheel that I have on my variable speed bench grinder, I used jewelers rouge as the polishing compound
    -I used a dremel with a polishing attachement and the same jewelers rouge to get right up by the tang pins (this area is too tight to reach with the buffing wheel)
    -Repeat the same exact process with the spacers and latch (sand and polish only the outer edges of the spacers as the flat parts will not be exposed once assembled)
    -The screws on the pivots were replaced by stainless non-blasted screws purchased from fastenal, the spacer screws were good to go and didn't need to be replaced
    -Re-assembly with orange trainer handles all around on the trainer and live blade. Latch was used but no pocket clip
    -Blue Loctite on ALL screws, applied sparingly with the tip of a toothpick (you don't need to drown it)
    -Adjust the pivots to the perfect tension and let sit (control your urges and wait to flip)
    -Allow Loctite to dry for an entire day
    -Enjoy the fact that this bali now flips just about as good or better than most at a fraction of the cost...Now go flip that bitch like you stole it :bwah:

:ross::ross::ross: Here's the final result :ross::ross::ross:
    View attachment 86106
    My camera as well as my photography skills could both use some help. Pics don't do much justice here, all metal parts are super smooth and shine like a new penny. If you decide to do this to yours too, good luck and enjoy!

This balisong fucking rocks!!! :koolaidrocks: IMG_4527.jpg

sirhorsechoker likes this.
  14. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Hobby shops are also an excellent source for super level sand papers :thumbsup: The one by me has torx screws too! bazinga

15. EOD13

Harborfreight tools has up to 1200 grit and get have a variety pack that has 500 1000 and 1200 grit in it (2 or 3 sheets of each) for like 5 bucks. You could easily refinish two of these and have plenty of paper left over with that. As far as 2000 grit paper goes... I'm still looking :ssad:

16. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Maybe you should try some of that polish compound shit they sell at lowes they are like 5 bucks

17. EOD13

like neverdull and that pink crap that comes in a tube (the name escapes me right now :ross: )

18. krc

krc Huge member

So... I've had a mess of time to break in my new bali and it does definately need allot to break it in. Still can't get the handles to flow right to where I'm satisfied with them and the tang pins tear into that g10 like its nothin so I finally took the latch off due to it being useless and I still couldn't get her to flip right so I sat back for a while and thought to mysel "self, you dumbass, if you take the pocket clip off it probably won't pull of to the side like that" so I broke out the blue box and commenced to removing the pocket clip when the screw just broke off in the handle but anyway I got it off and re loctited the handles so hopefully in the morning she will impress me. With the way my luck has been lately I'm prepared for dissapointment but anyway sorry for the long ass reply here but does anybody have any ideas for getting this screw out? And thanks in advance

19. TRXRyder

TRXRyder Resident Devil

Man that sounds like a mess :cry:

Do you have a close up pic of the broken screw? Did the head just pop off or what? The screw is too small to drill into and reverse out, any post sticking out to get a grip on? If so get a small vice-grip to grab on and get that screw out. If not I would stop there and send that fucker back to Bear. Call them and talk to Ken Griffey, he was a great help getting the G10 on mine right.

When it gets back follow my steps above to make it a great flipper. If you don't want to polish the whole blade, at least sand down where the washers touch the blade.

If none of the above will work for you, you could always donate it to me. I'll make a flipper out of that bali :manganr: or as a very last resort we could just say "Fuck It" and take it out for target practice and turn it to dust :bwah:

krc likes this.
  20. krc

krc Huge member

Thanks man I guess its gonna have to go back cause its down in there so ill call in the morning and ill get around sanding on it as soon as I get a chance. I think it knew than I don't like bear much though so that's probably why I'm having issues. and as far as puctures go I have no idea how to do it so ill try to get the old lady to take care of it for me tomorrow