1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Just got in a car accident. (Long).

TheMightyGoat Jun 11, 2005

1. TheMightyGoat

TheMightyGoat foots dixon

A friend of mine finally got his lisence today, after begging his mom for months (years?) to take him for the test. He was excited as hell about it, and wanted to drive anywhere he could just for the sake of driving. So we went driving at about 10:00 tonight.

It was his mom's car. As I said, he was excited. Excited means he might be inclined to go a bit fast. While we were driving, I literally told him "I hope you crash this thing and get fucked on your first day of having a lisence." Long story short, in spite of that, we ended up skidding sideways about 40 yards off a dirt road until a conveniently placed house brought us to a rather abrupt stop. It's a shitty thing, but I can't really feel bad for him, because he had plenty prior warning.

No one was hurt very bad. I was probably the worst, as the people in front had airbags, and were mostly just cut by glass. I had only put on my seat belt about five minutes before the crash. I was in the back seat, behind the driver. The back-right was the first thing that hit the house, so it was pretty decently caved in and fucked. Of all the trash trailors out there, we had to hit a goddamn log cabin. Those things don't give. The car is totalled. The seatbelt caught all of my weight, which is probably the best outcome considering the condition of the right side of the seat I could've been in, but it still doesn't feel very good. There's not much to see on the surface, but there's a lot of bruising in the stomach muscles. It hurts like hell to do anything, and it doesn't feel very good to do nothing, either. It also seems that my kidneys didn't appreciate the impact, judging by the blood in my piss.

No one was home. The house isn't in very bad condition, aside from the water damaged caused by that water main we broke off. We had to walk about half an hour (that's limping speed) to the next house to call the police. I left four knives in the car, and somewhere between police and whatever gawkers cruised by one of them evaporated. No one will admit to taking it. I wish it had been light so I could have seen their eyes. Someone owes me $130.

I remember as the car was sliding towards the house, the other two passengers ducked in the opposite direction and put their hands up. I was thinking of how drunks have a higher probability of surviving car accidents, due to the fact that they tend to go limp and their body absorbs impact better. I decided not to make an effort to move. I watched the house come towards us, and thought "Hmm. This sucks for my friend, but I can't feel bad for him. I wonder how this will turn out. I can't do anything about it - might as well enjoy the show. I have no future prospects anyway." There wasn't enought time to articulate those thoughts into such words, but those were the ideas floating around before we hit. Watching things move that fast and having time to think about it is a very surreal feeling. It was a worthwhile experience for me.

Although I can't feel bad for my friend who was obviously not up to par on his sense of responsibility, it is unfortunate that he's stuck with a screaming bitch of a mother. When he called her, she never once asked if he was okay. She asked repeatidly what the condition of the car was, in spite of having already been told that it was totalled and that it was fully insured. She hung up on him several times. She eventually told him that he's not welcome back in the house, and that she's going to file criminal charges against him. As I understand it, she doesn't even have the grounds to do that, since she gave him her permission to drive the car (which there are witnesses to that effect). On the phone, when she found out we had already reported the accident, she was even more furious and told her son (who is eighteen) that he can't talk to the police until she gets there. Which I'm sure was just so that she could lie about giving him permission to drive. At any rate, the police have him now for whatever reason.

No one was drinking. We told the police there were no injuries, which is almost true. My friend's life is fucked up, I'll be sore for several days and I have to hunt down a knife from some theiving redneck, but all in all it was an educational experience.

P.S. To Erik, Sean and anyone else who might live around here, there's no need to go around blabbing about this as certain parties have asked me not to name names. Said participants might be feeling that they don't need to be made fun of in addition to having fucked up their car and their life. I probably shouldn't've posted this, so really, keep a cork in it.

2. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

I am glad you and your friends are okay! I crashed my truck when I was sixteen. I called my dad and told him. The first words out of his mouth were, "I don't give a fuck about the truck, are you alright?" I miss that tough SOB! I hope it all works out for you and your friends.

3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

WOW!

i am sorry i asked you about "all of your crazy posts".this indeed does suck. make sure to get to a doctor regardless. internal injuries are NO lughing matter!

your friends mother was just being an ass.someone should have definitely smacked her.your pal may have to go to drving school, but i doubt his life is ruined. maybe, by the parent?

kicking him out of the house when, as Tiny said she shouldve been interested in his status is a shame.

i seriously hope youll rest for a day and then go to a doctor. i would be willing to wager that youll have to go after the car's insurance for the bills, but thats prolly what the mother is worried about. you duders suing her.

this indeed is sad.i hope you feel better.

4. Bonzo

Bonzo doofus emeritus

Mr. The Mighty Goat,

I cannot believe I just read this shit.

So, you tell your friend you hope he wrecks on his first night out with his new license, and yet you don't feel bad for him since he totaled mommy's car.

What the fuck is up with that?

What kind of friend are you?

The poor kid is probably shitting bricks right now, and you don't have any sympathy for him.

Jeez....

5. FattyCakes

FattyCakes RULES ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Guess you dont know TMG very well kid, look back on other posts of his and you will that this is the norm for him. Hes a jackass but that makes it fun.

6. TheMightyGoat

He knew I was just joking with him when I told him I hoped he crashed it, it was my way of warning him. I'll still help him any way that I can, I just don't feel an emotional attachment towards the situation.

7. Bonzo

Bonzo doofus emeritus

Mr. Fattyass,

Kid? I've got kids older than Mr. The Mighty Goat. And, if you have ever paid any real attention to these boards, then you would be less inclined to call me one. Come on out and ride with me goldylocks, we'll see who the kid is.

Mr. The Mighty Goat,

Well then, I wonder how you'd feel if the roles were reversed. Kinda makes me wonder how deeply you value your friends. Just be thankful nobody was killed, cause I have lost a lot of friends over the years, and I'll tell ya pal, it fucking hurts.

Best regards,

Bonz

8. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

well, fattycakes and all...lets be happy for the fact Mr.TheGoat is still with us and hope for the best for his friend too.

an autombile is not a toy and shouldnt be used as such.

thank heavens no one got hurt is correct, Bonzo.Also being a parent myself, I feel your concern.

guardian:angel:

9. TheMightyGoat

A few friends just visited and returned the knife. It's a long story, but no one stole it, and it's back now.

10. Matches

Matches Airport Bum Brigade Member

I get a big kick out of reading Mr. The Bonzo:D:

11. bart-1

bart-1 6th degree black belt/internet fighting discipline Knife Maker or Craftsman

I think what was meant by the Goats comments was the same as when me and my friends were fucking around as kids, driving crazy and you would tell a friend to drive cooler cause if you get me killed I am going to kick your ass!

The stupid kid wrecked on the first day of driving, cause he thought he was a cool mother fucker, could have killed them all. He wasn't being cool, or just had an accident, he caused it! I could see myself in the backseat while the dip shit was driving and saying I hope you fucking wreck this fucker you dumb ass!

Bad time, good story, internal flesh damage, distressed family ties, twisted metal! But no pictures!??

I give it a 8.5 out of 10!
    Hope you are OK Hoofed one!

12. The Nicker

The Nicker nick nack pattywhack

Wow that sucks, glad no one got hurt.

13. Vinosaur

Vinosaur newly recalibrated

Good to hear you are all right. Yeah you are sore, but that is to be expected. Remember this accident the next time you get in any car and put on your seat belt. If for no other reason than the other guy is probably a shit ass driver and will try to kill you. Sorry for your friend. I too did some damage to the family car the first day I had my lisence. I wasn't even able to get out of the garage before ripping off the bumper. Dad looked at me, asked if I was ok? I was, and said to take the other car, get out of the house for a while and be carefull. He said if that is the worst that happens to you in a car then count yourself lucky. It wasn't, and I am.

14. FattyCakes

FattyCakes RULES ALL!!!!!!!!!!

His friends are my friends also, we live in the same town and go to the same school.

15. MeEatsPlaydoh

MeEatsPlaydoh GED candidate

glad you are allright man.