1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Just found a NOS Spyderco Szabofly, and got a question..

Twofaston2 Sep 4, 2019

1. Twofaston2

Twofaston2 Little member

Hey guys. Haven't been on here in years. Kid got older, house got bigger and truck got more expensive haha. I can't be buying $300 knives every month anymore. Haven't been in the hobby like I used to be. Anyways, stopped by a gun shop on the way home. They have hundreds(literally) of knives. They have a brand new Szabofly VG-10 for $300? I know these are about 10 years old, but I could not find anything on original pricing. A few sales forums came up, but they were deleted because they were so old. I like it, but is that a decent price? Any info would help. Thanks in advance.

2. Burnt Reynolds

Burnt Reynolds JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That's a very good price for a bnib vg10 Szabofly. Careful tho, there are a ton of clone versions. You would have no problem reselling for more if u lost interest in it.

3. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

That's about what a VG10 Szabofly goes for in today's market.

4. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

I agree....You gotta be 100% that it's not a damn clone though. That and the spiderfly are just as copied as the 42.

5. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

I think he will, $300 is top dollar for that knife ,breaking even would be more realistic

6. Burnt Reynolds

Burnt Reynolds JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Good to know.. how quickly things change! I had a mint production version (non vg10). Wasnt for sale but was offered considerably more than 3 for it, and ended up letting her go. Could have just been a 'heart wants what the heart wants' situation.

7. senseicharles

senseicharles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If it's legit, I would buy it! It's a good price IMO.

8. Twofaston2

Twofaston2 Little member

Yep just went back to check it out and handle it. The guy told me that Szabofly and a few others were in the drawers for the past 16 years. They were personal unused stock from the owner of the shop. Absolutely brand new condition with factory edge. I even saw the old school spyderco matching box that comes with it. VG-10 labeled number 065

Balibuyer likes this.
  9. thegoodedge

thegoodedge Pacific Edge Cutlery JDBA Official Member

Recently sold #063 so here's a pic for reference. It should look like this...
    20190104_093344_resized.jpg

Balibuyer and seandavid55 like this.
  10. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

That sounds awesome. Don't have to question things like this when purchasing from reputable sources such as these:

11. Twofaston2

Twofaston2 Little member

Looks exactly like that. Same box. How much did that go for?

12. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Everybody is saying the price is in the market range. It might be on the higher end but we're talking about a $20 difference...$280 - $300.

It's original stock. It's mint. You're on a knife forum asking about a knife (which means you like knives).

So get the damn knife and don't haggle about the price. Support your local gun/knife shop.

***Post the pics afterwards

Balibuyer, Scott Meers and crogers like this.
  13. senseicharles

senseicharles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Pearls of knifely wisdom right there. :clap: