1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

JerzeeDevil Commerce Rules

SuperD Oct 22, 2005

1. SuperD

SuperD Sebbiephile

For Sale/ Trade Rules:

IMPORTANT!

This is a private, members-only forum for buying, selling and trading goods with other members. Jerzee Devil.com takes no responsibility for ANY transactions!

The For Sale/For Trade forum is provided so that individual members can buy, sell or trade with other members. Dealers or Knife Makers should use The Bizarre Bazaar forum and NOT this section.

If anyone is found to be a liar/thief/or scammer onboard JerzeeDevil.com, his/her membership will be revoked, and he/she will be BANNED! It is YOUR responsibility to ensure the legitimacy of YOUR transactions.

It is also YOUR responsibility to make sure that anything YOU post for sale or trade is legal in all aspects. The For Sale/For Trade forum exists for REAL POSTERS ONLY. Please use it responsibly and respectfully.

Please refrain from making negative comments in anyone else's sales/trade thread!!

WE ask all information in your profile be current in regard to contacting you (email address/ location).

Sellers:

• Make sure YOUR items for sale/trade conform to local and federal laws.
    • Do NOT make your first post on JD a sales/trade post...; introduce yourself first.
    • State clearly the cash amount and/or the trade value for each item.
    • State specifically what payment methods are acceptable.
    • State whether or not shipping is included
    • Include a FULL/ ACCURATE description including condition of the items.
    • It is MANDATORY to include a photograph of the actual item(s) you are selling and the photograph(s) must be visible in your sales thread, however keep your feet out of the image puh-fucking-lease.
    • NO fake, clones, imitation knives, or other such products are permitted.
    • To avoid unnecessary confusion, mark your item as *SOLD* as soon as the transaction is complete.
    • Jerzee Devil.com is NOT responsible for any deal gone wrong, but we'll, to the BEST of OUR power, help in any way, shape or form.
    • You are allowed to “bump” your sales thread a maximum of once every 24 hours.
    • You are allowed ONE active sales thread at a time... if you want to start a new sales thread... ask for your active thread to be closed in the last post of the thread.
    • Sellers are NOT allowed to ask for Paypal payments to be sent as a "Gift" or "Personal Payment".
    • Sellers are NOT allowed to request payment via the "Cash App by Square". There is zero backup for buyers paying via this method.

• We will rarely change a sales/trade title; check spelling (“knives” not “knifes”) and make sure you can live with it before posting.

Buyers:
    • If you are interested in an item, PM or email the seller directly.
    • The best method is to send a PM, THEN add a post to the thread/post.
    • Do not offer to buy the item, then fail to do so; if you do you will lose your voodoo privileges.
    • RESEARCH the seller or buyer- NOTHING can serve you better than the SEARCH function. TGB&U on BFC, and Feedback on KF for instance,.. as well as the SEARCH here...
    • NEVER send Paypal payments as a "Gift" or "Personal payment" as this leaves you without any protection.
    • Jerzee Devil.com is NOT responsible for any deal gone wrong, but we'll, to the BEST of OUR power, help in any way, shape or form.
    • If in doubt, ASK around!
    • The Forums are here for your benefit and OURS, enjoy!

ALL:
    If you lose your voodoo privileges you will receive, at a minimum, a two-week time-out from voodoo in which to review the rules. You will have to purchase JD gear to have your voodoo privileges reinstated when your time-out expires.

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/forum.php

All state and federal laws apply. It is your responsibility to comply with the laws.
    JERZEEDEVIL.COM AND ITS OWNER(S) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, OR FOR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASE OR OBTAINED, OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF MEMBER'S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY.

Member acknowledges and agrees that jerzeedevil.com does not endorse any of the goods that are sold on this website.

2. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

Sales Threads & Reporting Posts: Assistance

From now on, instead of "reporting" a for sale thread, PM any 'on deck' Moderator or start a thread in here. We will handle it as time allows, as of late certain individuals are asking for daily thread title changes and extra assistance and causing the Moderator staff much extra work.

Perhaps in the future we will institute a dollar per transaction HONOR policy to donate towards forum costs. As bandwith increases and prices of everything go up, it is small things like actually giving a $hit towards this community that matter most. Taking advantage has been the status quo.

Support The JD, buy some Devil Gear, Shirts, Patches etc.

Thanks in advance.

FISHKNIFE likes this.
  3. huntr

huntr Little member

Being new to this forum, I'd like to ask why you only allow one "for sale" thread at a time. It would eliminate headaches for the mods if they didn't have to perform this "delete/ change" duty. Have them expire or auto-delete after a certain time.

4. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

Who cares, it a rule which we all abide by.:demented:

5. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

What mag1 said, but in short, we used to have it that way, and some people opened a thread for each of the 121 knives they were selling. Same reason we allow 1 bump per 24 hrs.

6. Ronlad

*New Rule Coming Into Effect Today*

NO pictures in your for sale threads, NO sale thread. It will be closed shut.

Unfortunately it has come to this. In this digital age it is increasingly easy and there is literally, NO EXCUSE not to have pictures. Too many folks have set up shop here and are taking full advantage.

If you start a thread to sell something, you had better be sure that there are pictures that show YOUR ITEM. Not hotlinked pictures or borrowed pictures from someone elses website or for sale thread. (In some instances previous seller's approval for using their pictures can/will be used as long as their permission is granted in advance*.)

You can use Photobucket http://photobucket.com/ for free and as stated earlier; there is NO excuse not to have pictures.

NO:

• Will add pictures when I get home.
    • I do not have a digital camera (cell phones have them and you should not be posting items for sale, especially here on JD, where it is totally FREE)
    • Any other lame excuse.

Learn how to post pictures. It is 100% on YOU to read, follow, and abide by all rules on JerzeeDevil Forums.

Consider yourselves warned.

4x4muddinggirl and Tony8179 like this.
  7. BigBrad75

BigBrad75 Huge member

I think it is VERY FAIR to ask for ONE DOLLAR per "For Sale" Thread Transaction. That is a very small price to pay, in my opinion. Example being, say you list three knives, and two of em sell. You donate $2 to the appropriate paypal address. Not much to us sellers, but it would help out the Mighty JD considerably.
    A lot of you guys could even put in there "Add 4% for PP fees and $1 for JD fees":bwah:

tonyt, debtslave and Overkill like this.
  8. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Technically, it is against Paypal policy to ask for the fees. A smart seller already has them factored in ;) ( Hint* be a smart seller)

coll3ctor likes this.
  9. Doc Pringles

Doc Pringles The Devilz Doctor Brigade Member

Would the Mighty JD accept donations?

Does the Mighty JD have one of these? :paypal:
    I just answered this for myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
    coll3ctor likes this.
  10. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

I've been asking for this for some time.

Thanks Ron(lad).

I will think up some suitable penalties for those who continue to use the "report post" function for their sales threads.

:thumbsup:

11. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Rampaging Devil

The $1 per sale thing would be a nightmare to keep track of. Imagine the number of PP transactions...
    I would be more than happy to pay a membership, either annual or lifetime, to support the JD. Heck, I paid those morons over at BF, why wouldn't I do it for Ron? It would be great if such a membership came with the perk to edit sales thread titles. That would also make it easier on the mods.

12. Jsteele

Jsteele Huge member

I agree with with Lorenzo 100%...

13. Doc Pringles

Doc Pringles The Devilz Doctor Brigade Member

It’s very, very, very, very simple to contribute to the JD.
    Go here. Buy stuff.
    The JD Gear Forum-JD Gear Available Now

JerzeeDevil T Shirts Available
    JD Logo Patches (in 4 coloUrs)
    From the Isle‘s of Samoa. A selection of mail order brides. Many disease free still available.
    JD Limited Edition Knives

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  14. claycat

claycat Huge member

wondering if there is a RATING scale already in effect or if it makes sense to have one. i.e. MINT, EXCELLENT, LNIB
    and have defined meaning to these ratings as what i consider MINT the next guy/gal considers NIB. NIB might have flaws from the factory, MINT is better than NEW

it would be helpful to me as a buyer/seller to be very CLEAR on condition. i know that's why we have pics but sometimes you don't/can't get everything in pics.

just a couple rambling thoughts :ross:

15. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Unfortunately we have to spell this new rule out too.

As all of you know - Newbies MUST post an introduction in the "Testing The Waters" Sub forum.

Until they do You may not Sell them anything - they are not a member in good standing here until they post an intro and we know who they are.

I can't believe we have to spell this out but we do so here it is.

Mike

16. 321sold.biz

321sold.biz Better than gold or platinum

rambling thought continued. the current status quo is pretty effective.

LNIB(Like new in box): would only apply to MFG's that package their products in a certain manor.

Mint: to me should mean that it looks the same as it did new from the maker.

Excellent: means the thing has been used lightly & if any carefully sharpened...perhaps professionally or by a skilled individual no flaws.

Fair: Some wear still very usable, possible blemishes/patina's without any damage to the capabilities of the the knife

anything else is poor

+ Camera's can do far more than they ever could, ...HD

any system can get flawed but on the JD it should be best practice to consider a deal not done until both parties(buyer, sellers, & traders) are happy. IMO Rant mode off:manganr:

17. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Huge member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
  18. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

Thanks Mouthy

But bear in mind that this is not a thread for reporting posts.

If you want to report a post.. then report it. (I have already dealt with the one you linked to)

This thread is our best attempt at stopping the few remaining jellyheads from reporting their own sales thread to get it closed.

19. Ronlad

Latest developments:

If YOU (as the end user) add a price (as in monetary value) in YOUR for sale ad thread title, you will not have YOUR thread title altered.

Especially NOT to include price drops. So DON'T DO IT! (add a price to your :fsale: ad title) So going forward, DO NOT ASK!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    GEEZER likes this.
  20. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

This is a head scratcher........

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    LorenzoL likes this.