1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

JDBA Screw Size/thread Reference Guide

x123 Sep 9, 2013

1. j.nailz

j.nailz JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Thanks Tmack, I really appreciate it. Dam you know your balisongs. :manganr: I'd give you more greens but I have to spread the love around before I can do it again.
    Cheers mate. :thumbsup:

2. Tmack

Tmack Level: True Devil

Haha I have about 20 right now I'm either putting new bushings in, drilling out screws, replacing hardware, so I'm a parts encyclopedia. I know screw sizes, CORRECT bushing length, I'm even on top of the factory weights and lengths. For some reason stuff like that sticks in my head.

3. j.nailz

Ha ha. Yeah you definitely know your stuff. It's funny how certain things stick in your head and other things are hard to remember.
    Cheers mate. :thumbsup:

4. tx101

tx101 Stuck in the middle with you JDBA Official Member

Anyone know the correct size pivots and bushings for the midtech AB
    please ?

5. bruzanHD

bruzanHD Huge member

Pivots: http://bit.ly/1Zs8TkC
    Bushings: http://bit.ly/1Mm06He I don't remember exact length so just grab a ruler/caliper and pick the appropriate one.

tx101 likes this.
  6. tx101

tx101 Stuck in the middle with you JDBA Official Member

7. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

BM42 alternative pivots

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I could not find what I was looking for in my searches. I recently purchased some .330x.197x.015(0.20) 3/16 pivot pb washers to replace the stainless steel ones in my user 42's from knifekits.com. I'm tired of the squeaks and wouldn't mind a reduction in play either. I understand that it could take some sanding and trial and error to get the washers the way I want them.
    I have watched the videos explaining how to use a board with a drilled hole, a vice, and a small punch to remove the press fit female end of the pivots. Because I will probably need to take the pivots on and off, I would like to completely replace them with easier pivots to work with if at all possible. Before I knock them out and use a caliper, I was wondering if anyone had done this? A link to pivots that would fit or measurements would be great. I'm looking for something similar to http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?cPath=60_83&products_id=469. Popping the pivots out doesn't seem so hard, I'm just a bit nervous about lining up all the washers correctly when I press the female end back into the handles. Thanks!

---I am admittedly a complete amateur at this. I can remove my BM51 pivots by hand with a little force, but the 42 pivots don't want to budge. I don't want to wreck my knives, so if any experts on here want to work out a deal to pimp my 42's, that could work too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
  8. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

I`m pretty sure the ones in the link is what you need,they don`t have them in sorter length so they are a tad longer you gonna have to sand them down a tad and shorten the screws.When you press them in if things are lined up they will go in easy,if not lined up, it`s gonna give you some resistance so you will know and be able to try lineup again

9. FlyGuy

You gave me confidence, so I just went for it. That was much easier than I thought it would be. I guess keeping the original pivots will work just fine. These new washers drastically improved the feel of my knife.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
  10. Precision Plus

Precision Plus Genius Knife Maker or Craftsman

Problem with the pivots in your link are you not only have to shorten the pivots (Need to be 5/16" long) but also the screws need modifying. The screws head diameter will have to be modified. I have no idea what happened with this design that found it a good idea but the screws head diameter is not standard in the 42 they are .205 not the .250/.260 as ANSI standards, witch the ones in your link are sure to be.

11. FlyGuy

Thanks for the info, both you and Linos. I had thought it was odd that I couldn't seem to find the correct size screws, I figured someone would have made after-market parts available considering how popular these knives are. I will just do the table clamp method and be extra careful, it already worked with one knife! :madaddy:

12. kd0g

kd0g JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

13. jack10685

jack10685 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

sorry to post in an old thread but I would think this is the best thread to ask, would anyone happen to know the dimensions of an AB 1.0 latch screw?

14. JAKMAN32

JAKMAN32 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

should be a t6 2-56 prolly around .500 long? not sure on the length

15. BigBrad75

BigBrad75 Huge member

Need help... Does anyone know what size exactly the 51 screws are??

Needing some screws anyways so wanted to upgrade to titanium but Flytanium is out and doesn't plan on getting any in any time soon, so I think I found some that might work, but wanted to make sure before I placed any type of order...
    Help, I needs some blue screws in my life! =)

16. MidnightAbyss

MidnightAbyss JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

17. BigBrad75

BigBrad75 Huge member

18. j.nailz

Does anyone know if these are exactly the right length or do they need to be shortened. I've been putting off buying any pivots because I want to buy a pivot lap kit at the same time in case I have to do any fine tuning but they're sold out of pivot lap kits and have been for a while.
    Thanks in advance.

19. j.nailz

I can't find the exact sizes for the AB3.0. Does anyone have the measurements and where's best to buy them?
    Cheers.

20. j.nailz