1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

JD Secret Santa 2017 sign up

begreen61 Oct 7, 2017

1. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I don't care what you say, Gar... you did OK in my book for your first crack at setting up this year's Secret Santa!:clap: You'll be more relaxed and experienced for Secret Santa 2018!

jimmyjo, hickory, KaosRase and 3 others like this.
  2. hickory

hickory JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

0/10 not interested ;)

Kelper and seandavid55 like this.
  3. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Excellent Job Gary! When your herding cats, one's bound to escape. Have a great Christmas everyone.

Fenlore, Stu and begreen61 like this.
  4. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I waited..........and waited.
    That box has been on the counter for two weeks or so , and I waited.
    The return address upped the anticipation levels to Christmas at ten years old levels.
    But I waited.
    I had to work on Christmas day , so we did our thing when I got home last night.
    Judy and I , Danielle and her fiance , Brandon , and the two dogs..........doing what I like to call " The Grand Opening ".
    I get it open and , well..............when you get a really great gift , you want to try it out . Am I right ?
    Not having a bottle to open , and no one in the room who deserved , or could stand up to it's alternate use , I will have to wait some more.
    But this gift is , in a word , FUCKING AWESOME !
    I don't know if it is a high nickel content stainless , or possibly carbide...........it is very heavy and will do what it is designed for with ease.
    I might have to swing by the neighbors this morning and show them my new present. :bwah::bwah::bwah:
    S/S , you out did yourself.
    I am going out on a limb and saying this is the all time best Secret Santa present in the history of Secret Santas.
    Thank you ! IMG_4102.JPG

5. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

I'd say mini Bravo , but yes........in the family.
    The Bravo 1 has a 4 " blade or so , and next to the J.D. card , I think this is a tad smaller.
    Very nice !

begreen61, Kelper and KaosRase like this.
  6. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

You did a great job, Gary.

And, if herding cats is difficult, herding DEVILZ of the JERSEY variety must surely be an impossibility.

(I shoulda chased the errant package sooner using the tracking number and then perhaps I could've got it redirected, but thanks again for your stirling efforts, you are truly deserving of the title of SANTA!!)

7. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

I agree.
    Devil cat herding is a pain in the ass sometimes. It's worth it though.
    You've done a good job.

And now back to patiently waiting

8. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

UP date Will (Hickory) they are trying to locate your packages and are rerouting them to your zip code hope you have them in a week ,,fenlore ,sent an PM to your person and Obijuan Kenobe and Berkely too to see where you all stand , My gig an't over yet and haven't heard from Manganr either ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Help me help you let's get 'er done

jimmyjo and seandavid55 like this.
  9. begreen61

UP date Will (Hickory) they are trying to locate your packages and are rerouting them to your zip code hope you have them in a week ,,fenlore ,sent an PM to your person and Obijuan Kenobe too to see where you all stand , My gig an't over yet

Kelper and Stu like this.
  10. hickory

Good news all around.

Kelper, begreen61 and Stu like this.
  11. thevinstigator

thevinstigator JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Opened my SS gift Christmas morning when the rush of the kids ,opening stuff had died down. I was anxiously waiting and could hardly contain myself. When I burst through the box there was a silver attaché case inside with a label that read NITEEYE EYE30 and I immediately thought my SS just used the empty case for shipping. I was 100% wrong when I opened it there was this beautiful flasklight that is bright enough to light my whole street at night and throws enough heat to warm my sandwiches. Thank you SS you knocked it out of the park....Gary Great job organizing this for all of us and whipping those not worthy( meaning me).

Rio, Brian_W204, tubtar and 8 others like this.
  12. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I had another surprise waiting for me when I returned from vacation. It's a 30mm A-10 Warthog Avenger II Gau 8 shell turned into a shot glass. Very cool, thanks again Santa! IMG_20171229_091110.jpg

13. hickory

Siiiick!! BRRRRRTT of freedom.

tubtar, FlyGuy, Kelper and 1 other person like this.
  14. KaosRase

KaosRase Huge member

Figured it twas you since came from st.paul and my home state,land of too many lakes. ;)Thank you again my friend. It's been getting used plenty already. Hope everybody had a good Christmas and even better new year.

[​IMG]

MelissaMari, Kelper, Rover and 6 others like this.
  15. begreen61

UP date Hickory gift are in albany and i spent a hr with everyone who didn't understand anything ,,I told them this time put them in my PO Box,,, Will I will make this up to you some how , I am so so sorry will ,,seams the post office cant see past the zip code

Kelper, seandavid55 and hickory like this.
  16. hickory

Thanks for staying on the case.

Kelper likes this.
  17. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

Any word from my SS if gift is inbound?

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  18. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

Seems crazy that no-one in the Post Office looks at the name of the town on the parcel, regardless of the zip code.

The package that I received (thanks again Santa!) had the right address and postcode but instead of my county, CHESHIRE, it read "CHELSEY"!!!!

Still got to me, though!!!

If any Devils don't know, CHELSEA is a borough of London, about 200 miles south of me in sunny Stockport!!

19. begreen61

Great ,, I have tried to PM him to no avail just tried again, and he's active and a stand up member I don't get it, ,I've PM everyone a couple are just not complying . Keep me informed . been dealing with hickory gifts ,,thought everyone received but Will .Damn it.......

20. begreen61

thank god it wasn't me this time ,,,Will went back to the USPS today ,there working on it ,,I think I got one of the two in other package is in Rochester I'm starting to wonder about are postal system .

Kelper likes this.