1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

JD-EDC Step-by-Step (photo heavy)

J. Neilson Feb 22, 2007

1. Honch0

Honch0 head honcho

Glad I could be of service. I guess you don't get many calls for mini-knives...LOL.

The pictorial was very cool and informative to boot...Al

2. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks guys.

Soup, I just use the wax and a clean cloth, whichever works best for you. Both are good.

General, just let me know sir.

Ron, bring it on buddy!!!

Honcho, thanks again. Wait'll you see this cool little knife folks!

3. GODDESS OF VENGEANCE

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Crazy Bitch Lady Devil Super Moderator

J. Your Knives Kick Ass & I :heart: My Damascus JD-EDC...These pics are GREAT:thumbsup:
    BUT, :iagree: With Jimbo Here...
    Tess Is Apart Of This As Well and, I Would Like To See Step By Step Of Her Work As Well:thumbsup: Can this be done?:devilzide

4. J. Neilson

I agree, it's a good idea. Tess says she'll see what she can do but, for the moment you can see her do a step-by-step on a very similar style sheath in the Feb. 2007 issue of Blade Magazine.
    :wes:

5. GODDESS OF VENGEANCE

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Crazy Bitch Lady Devil Super Moderator

:woot: TESS :urock:

6. dfarmerknives

dfarmerknives Tattoo Man says Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks J. That is a great run of pics. Still saving my pennies....

7. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

Great thread. Awesome step-by-step pics. I am itching for one of these knives.

8. Mr Yarrow

Mr Yarrow I am whats I am

Something I was told was that Paraffin/Mineral Oil is good for horn as it helps clean grime off and moisturise (for want of a better word) the natural material.

I use it on the white tail deer handled Ulu I got, both on the blade and the horn. its also totally food safe so you dont have to worry too much about wiping residue off (but be fairly careful as the stuff is a laxative :devilzeek )

Tis a great looking knife though J and Soupy, look forward to hearing about the field tests :umberto:

Rgds

9. Redsnake

Redsnake Huge member

That was awesome... I am working on saving my $$ tooo... should be getting a bonus at work soon and I've got my eye on one of these.

10. bigmark408

bigmark408 BANNED Fucktard

cool again.

11. tmik

tmik Midwest Knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

excellent pics J!

12. Willieboy

Willieboy Huge member

A fascinating process and amazing pics. I'm really enjoying my EDC. Truly beautiful workmanship and, with regard to the sheath, workwomanship. How's that for PC Tess?

13. J. Neilson

I have never believed in allowing the English language to suffer in the name of political correctness...but, thank you.
    Tess

14. Willieboy

Willieboy Huge member

Wasn't Tess's step-by-step recently featured in Blade magazine?

15. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

*that's it. I demand Tess gets her own identity! :woot:

16. Willieboy

Willieboy Huge member

I second that. We want Tess. We want Tess. WE WANT TESS!!!

17. J. Neilson

Me too!
    :madaddy:

18. Rene E. Roy

Rene E. Roy knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

J.,
    Your my hero...I want to be just like you when I grow up....:madaddy:

19. J. Neilson

Who're you kidding Rene, your never going to grow up.......bless ya for that.
    :madaddy:

OK, OK, Tess said she would set up her own identitiy. Ron, she said you can make up her "sub-title".

20. shakie

shakie knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

way kool/hot

This procedure looks farmiliar to me for some reason.. Great work, vid and blade. If you look up pentacryl (spelling not guaranted) you can get stabilizer on line and work with some burls which are fragile to begin with but once stabilized are very durable..I really liked the part where you make swingin a hammer FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha Ever think of makin an educational video,I'll bet you could find some loose change out there Easy.. Really- great stuff. Shakie