1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

JD Community Calendar

subwayjimmy Oct 24, 2017

1. subwayjimmy

subwayjimmy JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Is there a JD calendar of events I'm missing? Ie. A Gmail calendar that I can subscribe to with a list of dates and events posted by JD members?

If not then can we make one? Obviously it would have to be moderated and I'm not trying to make work for anyone.

Personally I would like to see a calendar of upcoming knife shows and meet ups as well as knife drops for retailers and makers.

A Gmail calendar would be open to non JD users but if each calendar event was linked back to a JD forum post I think it would drive traffic back to JD especially for balisong drops.

2. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

This sounds like a good idea, but I am no engineer.

You want to build it?

3. subwayjimmy

The one I'm familiar with is Google calendar that's free with a Gmail account. It's just a matter of creating a "JerzeeDevil Calendar" then sharing it with everyone.

Logistically it would probably be helpful to have a Calendar thread so people can request dates to be added ie. When the next NJCKA meeting is or anniversary's like JD's 13th etc.

Then the moderator can add those dates to shared calendar. The shared calendar would have a url that people can add to their existing calendars on their phones or desktops. It would show up the same way holidays do.

The calendar would be read only except for the mods who can change it.

You can embed the calendar on the main JD page as well so everyone can see it when they login.

I've been trying to keep up with the new posts but I missed the JD anniversary post until I was tagged. It caught me off guard because I didn't follow the freedom of speech forum. I was following devilish meet and greets. Anyway a calendar of events would have avoided that.

Most of the groups I'm apart of have a shared calendar and it's over kill for a few events a year. On JD it seems every week there is a knife drop or a knife show etc and I thought it would be good to support the forum members who host those events to get the word out in one place.

I understand that this information is scattered through out the forums and on IG etc. But if we put it all in one place it would be a great resource for the community. It would also help noobs who find forum navigation and searching to be troublesome. And by noobs I also mean lazy people like myself.

4. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I agree on all points.

*not volunteering

Kelper, begreen61 and subwayjimmy like this.
  5. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Sounds like volunteering... :yesman:

begreen61, crogers and subwayjimmy like this.
  6. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Ratsssss is that you volunteering?????????LOL

7. subwayjimmy

Another option is to start a new forum "Devils Agenda" and have a sticky post as the current calendar of upcoming events.

Then people could make suggestions for calendar entry's as a thread.

The benefit of this approach is that it will drive all the traffic back to JD instead of taking people off site to Google.

Asking @Mr.LaBella for input on a new forum.

8. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

I think Ratz is volunteering Des! :bwah:

Ratz vs. Batz... a classic battle!

I think I put my bet on the batz tho'.... :lulz:

begreen61, subwayjimmy and Kelper like this.
  9. ratstuph

I can't even schedule my own bowel movements reliably; I doubt anybody wants me in charge of such.

10. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

Wish I could schedule my middle of the night urination. That would be cool.

begreen61, crogers and Kelper like this.
  11. subwayjimmy

I started this thread because of @FliptheBird asked in another thread about drops. Thought this would be helpful!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    begreen61, desmodus and Kelper like this.
  12. begreen61

we had a calendar before are new face life ,,it was only used for birthdays and other events ,,only a few of us even used it and I'm talking a hand full .My suggestion make a threads called Drops or whatever and see what happens ,,but as it stands we Jerzee Devils are short staffed and I see no one volunteering to take on any more responsibility . The Mods. are doing a great job and are spread out just too thin at this time .

I say start it yourself as a thread it , will be mod. as any thread ,but you stay on top of it , let it be your baby,,I do it for the Pass around and just took on Secret Santa,, alas Bad Santa,,,gig ,, It's not what Jerzee Devils can do for you ,,it's what you can do for JD .so I'm sure you have everyones blessing to create a thread and stay on top of the drops ,plus others will follow ,,,,,,:idunno:,maybe ,,,,,,there are some selfish fucks here ,, me being one :yesman: who don't want the computation .,,,For that reason I put in the
    JDBA OFFICIAL Bali-hoes and Bali-br0s. Uber elite section and I'll help with finding drops but you will need to take point :bang:on this one .

Nothing but Respect
    Bad Santa:santa:
    Gary

Kelper and desmodus like this.
  13. ratstuph

Bad Santa is correct, anything regarding offsite commerce for balis needs to go in the Uber Elite section. We will kill any such threads we find otherwise.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    begreen61, Kelper and crogers like this.
  14. subwayjimmy

As an example when BRS had a replicant drop on their website would posting that information be an issue? Or is that considered off site commerce?

Kelper likes this.
  15. ratstuph

I tend to kill anything that smells funny. There is a reason we have the Uber section; post that kind of stuff in there in the "heads up" thread.

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  16. subwayjimmy

The drops being in uber will limit the audience and the calendar should have a list of meetups and shows that everyone should have access to see. But if the retailers and makers don't care about a calendar of drops then there is no point including that information. I would still like to see a thread with upcoming events. What forum should that be in?

Kelper likes this.
  17. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

That's when ya bladder hurts, you know it's time to A,rise. :thumbup: this all ya need Sir.

18. ratstuph

If it is about stuff of a social nature I tend to think "meet and greet". What do you think?

edited to add: If retailers and makers aren't doing anything for the JD why would we do anything for them? If they are, we might be more helpful.

Kelper and crogers like this.
  19. begreen61

Thats why we pay the 10.00 fee for the privilege of information for the hard core collectors and flippers need to know. Others want to know pay the toll man

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Kelper likes this.
  20. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

We did have one on vBulletin...

10$ and a dream, Jimmy?

Social events in Meet & Greet, releases in either balisong forum. Free loaders can take advantage too!

:ropeman: