1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

JD 2012 Grind-In Knives - Epic

Mike Stewart Sep 13, 2012

1. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Here are the knives that everyone made at the 2012 JD Grind-In:

These are all Great - It seems to me that they get better every year.

You can Click on Any of these Images to Enlarge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Total was 42 Knives and two Axes for the weekend.

NICE WORK DEVILS !!!

2. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

http://brkgallery.com/2012/albums/al...ella.sized.jpg

These are sweet, but....

only a TRUE Madman would need one for each hand.

:bwah:

Seriously, though, you gentlemen (and ladies!) churned out some great stuff this year; I'm quite impressed by the blade profiles.

Great work all around. :thumbsup:

Dropped the ball, this year....hope like hell to get to the next GI. In light of some of the events during these past months, I'm really starting to see how important it is to

Seize the Moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
    JohnnyBmore likes this.
  3. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Yowzaa!!!! Very nice guys & gals! Accolades for all involved! :thumbsup:

4. ElChingon7

ElChingon7 Enormous member

Impressive work all around. :clap: Great job :thumbsup:

5. bigbob68

bigbob68 non poseur

Love them all. I gotta skip Blade to make it to a grind in before I die.

6. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Great Job Devils!

Awesome work.

7. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

you have thought theme well, Mike

congratulations to all

nice axes :manganr:

8. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

Wow! Kudos to the boys and girls that made those knives and axes! They all look amazing! Something to really take pride in.....

9. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Brilliant. There are a couple really cool ideas there. I am always impressed by this thread.

I am especially keen on the 2nd one from the top with the four deep finger grooves. It looks...right.

obi

GEEZER likes this.
  10. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore Balisong defender

Oh man !!! wow !!! JD you boys did some amazing work!!!!

all of them look freaking fantastic , GREAT Blade profiles and grinds all around .. :thumbsup:

11. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

Wow!

Really shows how good instruction leads to real progress. They look awesome. I wish I'd have come across an event like this 8 years ago. Hell I think I could still learn a lot from you guys. I think anyone remotely interested in knife making would find their time and money well spent on this.

Oh....more details one the Axes! Holy crap they're cool!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
  12. Lon Humphrey

Lon Humphrey Moderator Knife Maker or Craftsman

you all did a great job grinding and finishing :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::manganr:

13. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Lon,

You had a big hand in helping everyone.

Our Sincere Thanks for coming up.

Mike

14. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

Daaaaaaamn!! Those axes are some bad motherfuckers. They came out awesome. Holy shit.

There are some great looking knives here. A lot of these must have been made on Sunday, I didn't get to see nearly half of them in person. Excellent job, Devils and Devilettes.

I had to take a couple of pictures of my own. I am very proud of what I made. By far, this is the finest knife I've made in the past three years and it would have looked like garbage without the help of the Bark River crew, especially Skittles and Jimmy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The BRKCA / JD Grind In truly is an epic event.

Mr.LaBella likes this.
  15. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

They are all winners, like them all:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Guys, Tony's knife is simply amazing in the flesh (or in a sandwich, bag or carrots or an angelfood cake, whatever you feel like cutting to shreds)

It won "Best In Show" for all the right reasons.

The first knife, Josh's knife, was equally impressive and the only reason I voted for Tony's over Josh's was that Tony's was so far outside the usual box it grabbed all the headline I had room for on the front page.

I'm particularly proud of my Heather. Her Santuko was honored as best kitchen knife and this was her first time grinding, period. She's a jeweler by trade, and had the sense to ask for help when she needed it, but she picked a beautiful piece of wood, dressed it with mosiac pins and the results are something I find amazing.

As soon as I can make Java work on this bloody thing, I'll put the pic of her knife in here.

She got up the next morning and made a Kitchen Petty which is beautiful as well, with an elder burl handle and solid pins. I think it gives her Santoku a run for the money.

She wanted to show her folks before we dinged them up, but I bet they start getting use this weekend.

My jade green Trail Buddy III and little re-curve we definitely cheater blades - I used a pre-shaped blank for each, BUT I also wound up with a couple knives I will actually USE and really like. The TB3 may wind up a kitchen blade for me, or it will get a bunch of outdoor time, or both, and the little re-curve with the matted black and red G10 handle is going to wind up with a lot of use.

For whatever reason I can't get the picture thingy to Click on OK, so when I do, I'll claim those knives in this post.

But as said above, there is not a bad knife in this group, and universally, I like the knives just as made. We had a lot of fun voting after a couple cocktails and getting all right-brained with a couple stiff drinks helped me let go of my own conceptions of what a knife should be and enjoy each and every one of these exactly as and for what they are - the heart and soul of the makers.

Congrats DevLz!!

17. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

They do look like the finest grind in knives made. When do we vote on the winner?

18. sandwich

sandwich Brigade Member Brigade Member

That knife gave new definition to "fits like a glove". Felt great in the hand

GEEZER likes this.
  19. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I need to sit down. I feel faint. All of the blood just rushed from my head! :thumbsup:

OUTSTANDING work ladies & gents (ALL Devils)

:clap:

20. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

I would be proud to hang pics of any of those fine knives on my fridge door kiddos.:bwah: But seriously they all look great and like something that can be actually used to cut with. I see alot of knives, scratch my head and think WTF! Really hope that I can make it next time. Thanks Mike, Ron and everyone else involved in this.